Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 6:51:28 AM EDT
Does anyone know why we pay such outrageous rates for car insurance?
As with so many other issues in NJ, we have a completely corrupt institution in the form of the legislature. It is all about money and has nothing to do with protecting you.
If you have been involved in an accident where bodily harm has been sustained then you will know that the only people who make out are the lawyers.
Rates keep rising in this state, my insurance is 350% higher than it was 4  years ago and that is with an excellent driving record. I have heard the same from others in the state.

www.restoretherepublic.org
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
As with so many other issues in NJ, we have a completely corrupt institution in the form of the legislature. It is all about money and has nothing to do with protecting you.
If you have been involved in an accident where bodily harm has been sustained then you will know that the only people who make out are the lawyers.
Rates keep rising in this state, my insurance is 350% higher than it was 4  years ago and that is with an excellent driving record. I have heard the same from others in the state.

Actually, it has gotten better for me, I switched to GEICO.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, it has gotten better for me, I switched to GEICO.

+1
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually I just switched and I had to ask the woman 5 times if she was giving me the correct quote. I kept telling her that I lived in NJ and she kept giving me the same quote, much, much lower.
That wasn't really the point. The issue is the fact that the state ties in regulations and pricing, an area where the state simply has no authority.
When will we stop them from interfering?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top