Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 7:34:17 PM EDT
I had 3 local gun stores tell me that eforms were not available for the state of Georgia.  I filed a Form 1 with no prob, so are these guys misinformed or am I missing something?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I had 3 local gun stores tell me that eforms were not available for the state of Georgia.  I filed a Form 1 with no prob, so are these guys misinformed or am I missing something?

View Quote

So when you filed a Form 1 you went to this page:

That had this statement on it: Link

Thank you for visiting the ATF eForms system. ATF has seen the number of registered eForms users climb from 673 in 2013 to over 10,000 today, and the number of eForms submitted exceed 50,000. Just since January 2014, approximately 50% of NFA applications have been submitted via eForms. This surge in demand has created the need to enhance eForms to handle greater capacity now and in the future. To accommodate this unanticipated and substantial increase in application volume, ATF must enhance the eForms initiative to ensure that we can continue to meet the industry’s needs, as the volume of applications continues to exceed growth expectations. Our goal is to decrease our processing time and to continue to support industry and NFA availability without any impact from the significant application spikes or volume increases that we have seen in the last few years. Our plan for accomplishing this goal includes many aggressive steps being taken immediately on both eForms and the existing paper application processes. As a result of these steps, ATF has reduced the number of pending applications by nearly 10% just since March, and ATF’s monthly application processing volume has increased by 37%. During the next few weeks as the eForms is enhanced, ATF anticipates that the eForms system will accept processing of Forms 6 and 6A initially, followed by forms 1, 2, 5, 9, 5300.11 and 10. Paper applications via any form will continue to be processed, and Forms 3 and 4 will be prioritized. We expect Forms 3 and 4 to return to eForms very soon, as the enhancements are completed. To see a full explanation of this issue and the steps ATF is taking to address the issue, see the following letter. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently to improve the eForms system.
View Quote

So your dealers were correct. Forms 3 and 4 are not active.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
As IKH said, only the ones that don't help me much are active.  

Form 3s and 4s are the big volume ones, and the ones that benefit the industry as a whole the most.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
guess i should rtfm eh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top