Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 2:52:39 PM EDT
Need help or direction how to go about converting a BushMaster Carbon 15 pistol to a shoulder fired weapon (basically adding a shoulder collapsible stock). My question is not how to convert the weapon that’s the easy part. What do I need to do to comply with the law (BATF)? What forms to complete, money, etc. I want to do this legally. If you can help I would appreciate the information. Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:27:16 PM EDT
ID think you could go the sbr route. Im sure someone will know.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:01:02 PM EDT
Register the lower (serial#) as a SBR.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:09:06 AM EDT
What HAL said.

Form 1, SBR, $200, fingerprints, CLEO, photo, the usual.
When you get the approved Form 1 back, put the stock on.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:18:38 AM EDT
You actually have 2 choices... one expensive, one cheap, but both involve red tape:

1) Fill out a Form 1 "Application to make and register a firearm" and pay the $200 tax stamp to make a SBR.

2) Purchase a RDIAS via a Form 4 (still pay the $200 tax) and make a machinegun. This will cost about $10,000, but you end up with a really fun toy!

Either way is a lot of paperwork, red tape (finger prints, pictures, CLEO signature), but it is the only way to stay legal. If you own a corporation, the corp can do the forms without the need for pictures, prints and signature of CLEO.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:32:00 AM EDT
u can legaly make the pistol al full rifle with no paperwork, but to make it a SBR u need to do a form 1 + 200$

buy a stock and a 16" BBL.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:58:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 10:42:47 AM EDT by HK_DUDE]
Yes, $200 SBR

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:13:52 AM EDT
Is it just me, or does that couch look like a big, fat ass?
I got scared scrolling down and almost didn't look at the whole picture.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top