Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 2:52:39 PM EDT
Need help or direction how to go about converting a BushMaster Carbon 15 pistol to a shoulder fired weapon (basically adding a shoulder collapsible stock).  My question is not how to convert the weapon that’s the easy part. What do I need to do to comply with the law (BATF)? What forms to complete, money, etc. I want to do this legally. If you can help I would appreciate the information. Thanks in advance.

Coppercollarworker
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
ID think you could go the sbr route. Im sure someone will know.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Register the lower (serial#) as a SBR.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:09:06 AM EDT
[#3]
What HAL said.

Form 1, SBR, $200, fingerprints, CLEO, photo, the usual.  
Wait...wait...wait...wait...wait...wait...wait...
When you get the approved Form 1 back, put the stock on.    
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:18:38 AM EDT
[#4]
You actually have 2 choices... one expensive, one cheap, but both involve red tape:

1) Fill out a Form 1 "Application to make and register a firearm" and pay the $200 tax stamp to make a SBR.

2) Purchase a RDIAS via a Form 4 (still pay the $200 tax) and make a machinegun.  This will cost about $10,000, but you end up with a really fun toy!

Either way is a lot of paperwork, red tape (finger prints, pictures, CLEO signature), but it is the only way to stay legal.   If you own a corporation, the corp can do the forms without the need for pictures, prints and signature of CLEO.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#5]
u can legaly make the pistol al full rifle with no paperwork, but to make it a SBR u need to do a form 1 + 200$

buy a stock and a 16" BBL.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, $200 SBR

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Is it  just me, or does that couch look like a big, fat ass?
I got scared scrolling down and almost didn't look at the whole picture.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top