Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2005 6:23:30 PM EDT
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this info here but I wanted to share some info with  you guys.

I'm now a Dealer Member even tho my title doesn't show it as of yet.  I've paid for my Dealer membership as of 3/2/05 so I'm patiently waiting to see my items in EE highlight to yellow.

I've met some of you on a  trade or sale but most of you don't know me so I thought I would tell you a little about who I am and what I am planning to do.  

Background:
I own an insurance agency that is self-sufficient with 3 agents besides myself.  I also invest in real estate but that take very little time.  So I have a lot of free time needless to say.  I got into ARs and this forum about a year or so ago.  I've lurked around for a while and then joined last fall.  I quickly fell in love with this site mainly because of the members on ARFCOM.  When I first got here, I didn't know who or what to expect.  It started out as a fun hobbie but now I'm fully addicted like a man on crack.

Anyways, about my firearms business....
I have my FFL and have an office out of my home.  I will probably not specialize in transfers but will offer them from time to time to members.  Mainly, I want to carry firearms...especially lowers.  Here are a list of companies that I am a vendor for so far:
Samson, VLTOR, Magpul, YHM, GG&G, STAG Arms, LMT, RRA & Trijicon

If you ever see a dealer carrying a product I carry, I will get my local TEAM WA a better deal period.  Please give me some suggestions on what I should stock.  I don't want to carry a little of everything.  I want to carry a lot of a few items.

Someone asked me if I was going to carry Mega.  I am going to carry Mega but you should continue to buy them from Clinton.  No offense but I don't want to sell a lower and do all that paperwork for $10-15.  That's about the only product I won't price match.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Teknic

Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats John.

I am sure I will be contacting you from time to time to get some items. Especially the occasional lower.

when you get things together, a price list of various lowers would be fantastic

thanks

Chuck
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
pentagon flashlights.

you have any pistol lowers in stock? i have to build another pistol, if not ill have to get one at the wac in monroe this weekend

Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
John, remember what we talked about last night, on the lowers, YOU WILL SELL 100's of them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Samson?
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Samson?

they make quality rails and im talking with him on something i cant talk about

www.samson-mfg.com/ar15.htm
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats Teknic!

I'll toss some business your way. Thanks for offering us the discount. Best wishes on your new venture.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#8]
How about ammo?  I would stick with full case sales only and just stock the basics.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Always happy to do business with a Wa member. Whne you get up and running post what you will have for sale. I am always looking for something. Plus you our close to me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have one suggestion, and I think it would be very popular, but I have the feeling they are already offered on the market as close to the profit margin as possible. DPMS lower parts kits. If you can get enough of them to offer them $5 below market, I bet they would sell well. The only problem is that I don't see many at all lower than the average price. I don't know if that's an industry problem with displaying a price under a certain amount, or again like I said, they are already priced as low as dealers can price them and still make their money.

This is only a product stocking suggestion. WTB/WTS ads are frowned upon here...  but Staff is looking into some options. I believe the Dealer rules allow occasional ads to be placed in other forums with Staff permission. You probably know more about the dealer rules than I do.

I decided to go with CMT/Stag LPKs.  They make the best LPKs IMHO.  Here's a review on them here.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=224464

Retail on these are $64 and dealer pricing insn't much off of that.  I've look at DPMS but I wasn't trilled about the quality.  Don't get me wrong, it's a nice LPK but these CMT/STAG LPKs are the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How about ammo?  I would stick with full case sales only and just stock the basics.  

There's already a really good vendor for Ammo so I don't have any immediate plans for that.  I just put in a large order with Trijicon.  Too bad the wait is about 30 weeks out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's already a really good vendor for Ammo so I don't have any immediate plans for that.  I just put in a large order with Trijicon.  Too bad the wait is about 30 weeks out.

Did you order from Trijicon direct or a distributor?  When I was checking, the distributors had a lower cost than buying direct from Trijicon.  I bet those distributors also get product more sooner because of their established relationship and volume buying.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered through a regional contact but I'm not sure if he's a distributor or not but I know I received distributor pricing on my order.

Trijicon was the hardest to get setup.  They ran my credit and all my references and wanted a large up front order.  If you want the best, I guess you have to play by the rules.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:03:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Awesome! So will your adds come up in the washington EE add search I wonder? I second the DPMS lower parts kits idea but I will read the review on the ones you offer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#15]
can i ask prices on trijicons and models u carrying?
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool...

I tend  to not read any of the yellow highlighted threads in the EE, because all it does is clutter up/and drown out everything else and I have never really found a "deal", And until they put all the dealers and such into a different forum, I will continue to not even click onto them.

But since you have a web site I will hit that, I like to support the local guy. Im going to need a few sets of trijicon's and the such...

I have to agree with JAFO on the DPMS lower parts kits, I build several rifles and for the $10-15 dif, I can do my own fluff and Buff..( and most of the time the DPMS dont even need any work out of the package)
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
can i ask prices on trijicons and models u carrying?

The only thing I have stocked are the TR20 scopes.  I've ordered the TA31F, TA01 & NSNs and a few others but they are back ordered 6 months.

I just got signed up for DPMS today.  Is $60 $55 shipped fair for LPK?  I'm not really sure where I should price it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#18]
well since the packs are small charge 5.00 to ship usps priority flat rate with dc
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I forgot to mention.  There are some products that can't be advertised for a lower price because of the rules of some of the manufacturers; like Samson, VLTOR, Magpul, etc.  You can always email me to work out a better price than any competing dealer.  I'm trying to give back to my local homies as much as I can.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I just got signed up for DPMS today.  Is $60 $55 shipped fair for LPK?  I'm not really sure where I should price it.

That is fair enough for a guy like me. I pay $55 for them at the show, and can order them for about the same sometimes a tiny bit less.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Awesome! So will your adds come up in the washington EE add search I wonder? I second the DPMS lower parts kits idea but I will read the review on the ones you offer.

After looking at the link you put up for the CMT LPK it does look damn nice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#22]
This is little bit off topic but was wondering whatever happen to lawsuit between samson and the company they where making rails for.

Quoted:
I forgot to mention.  There are some products that can't be advertised for a lower price because of the rules of some of the manufacturers; like Samson, VLTOR, Magpul, etc.  You can always email me to work out a better price than any competing dealer.  I'm trying to give back to my local homies as much as I can.

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I have very little detail regarding the lawsuit and I can't really discuss what little I know.  But if you look at the all whole picture, you will see 2 companies parting ways and whenever you see something like this, it's ugly.  The other thing you will see are vendors who represent TROY bashing Samson calling them "imitations" and what not.  This is a crack up because Samson made ever TROY rail in existance.  Obviously, Samson & TROY have already been to court at least once that I am aware of.  If the court found Samson guilty of copyright infringement, Samson wouln't be making these rails right now.

Let's look at the facts:  Samson is making rails currently and Troy is not.  

I don't know what the outcome will be.  Maybe Samson will ultimately be found guilty and made to stop producing rails.  Maybe Troy will be found guilty and made to stop.  All I know is that Samson makes the best 2 piece rail system on the market IMHO.  I'm not the judge just a vendor trying to make some money selling quality AR parts.  If Troy makes rail systems and Samson stops, guess where I will be buying my rail systems from?

However, iff both end up producing rails, I'll continue to buy from Samson mfg.  Scott is a great guy and has become a friend from my business dealings with him.  He has been more than fair with me.  He will continue to get my rail business.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Teknic.

I'll catch up with you in the next week or so if still have the item you mentioned.  

Everything went well on our trip, we are all back now.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See now, you took a suggestion for a product you didn't intend to stock, and now you are pricing it. This is the type of business we need. I believe I will be doing business with you soon. Now, I do understand that you can't get every product someone asks about to please one or two folks, but it's good to see that you looked into it.

$55 seems to be the going price at most places. I don't think it includes shipping. I will most likely buy at least a couple sets at $55 when I have the need.

Edited to add...  I might buy 3 if they were $50, or 4 if $45...    

Unfortunately, dealer pricing is more than $45.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, dealer pricing is more than $45.

yep you gotta make money to eat too, cant be low on everything
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Just before I got frozen out I bought a Viking Tactic light mount from John. Had it in my hands in less than 48 hours USPS, and the price point was outstanding. I'll be buying from him again soon--

ETA:Very cool mount, by the way. Puts the button right at your thumb.
Top Top