Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 2:37:17 PM EDT
I noticed that Mike Easley is endorced by the NRA but found that Patrick Ballantine gets the same rating as Easley. Easley may be an NRA member or maybe its just because he's an encumbant.

But being pro gun is ALL that is Good about Mike Easley. He has done little good for NC and its time for a fresh new attitude. Just somthing to remember on voting day.

Both Ballantine and Easley will support your RKBA rights without condition. But Ballantine unlike Easley will support so many other important things as well. Vote Ballantine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Both Ballantine and Easley will support your RKBA rights without condition. But Ballantine unlike Easley will support so many other important things as well. Vote Ballantine.

easley most definately won't.  easly got a good grade from the NRA b/c he passed a few pro-gun bills right before the election...coincidence?
the NRA sold out Ballantine, hoping to keep good favor with easley, b/c he's more than likely going to win.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:39:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought about voting for Ballantine until this morning when I heard on the news that Gov. Pataki of NY endorsed him at greensboro airport Wednesday. And the quote that Ballantine made was, "NC needs a govenor like New York."

If anyone out there is listening, NY state has some of the most draconian gun laws in the nation next to Kommiefornia. And Pataki urged and signed some of those laws on his watch Take that into consideration when you go to the polls Nov. 2

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:11:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I already didn't vot for Mike Easly.  Went to the early voting place yesterday in Carrboro, and man did I feel out of place.  There were enough fruits and nuts in that line to make one hell of a salad.  

The hostility of the left is really getting to me.  When I walked up there were three representatives of the Orange county Democratic party handing out "who to vote for lists" to the people waiting in line.  When I declined it, the entire crowd turned around to give me dirty looks and stare me down.  Then about every 5 minutes a woman would walk out to remind everyone that straight party voting didn't include the presidential race, or the judicial races and that if you just checked the straight party box, you'd "regret not helping to elect a NEW president when you get home."  

When I got inside, the old woman looked up my name on the computer, and instead of a polite smile, and a hello like everyone else, she got all screw faced and hostile (I'm assuming when she saw my registration status?), asked me to re-verify my info, then asked me for ID!  (I had verified my registration online at the NC board of elections site before going, so I knew I was OK, and I had registered at the DMV so I didn't need my license to vote)  She then threw the "witness form" at me and grunted disapprovingly.  

Another thing I've noticed is that the lifespan of a Bush/Cheney sign on 15/501 or NC54 in Chapel Hill/Carborro is less than 24 hours.  One sign that read "W is for women" lasted 2 or 3 days but was torn in half after the first day.  

WTF?  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the whole vote straight thing was set up by the democrats to get more votes where they normally wouldnt.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think the whole vote straight thing was set up by the democrats to get more votes where they normally wouldnt.  

+1000
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I know I live in Liberal Hell, and I'll be shopping for a new place before they hand me my degree.  But, I've never seen such an intense, unabashed, all consuming hatred.  It's everywhere!  I know several people who have had there cars keyed within a day of putting a W'04 sticker on it.  I even saw a couple of guys start shouting at an old lady on a bus who was wearing a Bush/Cheney sun visor.  This entire area has been depleted of class.  While I can say that "KerryEdwards" signage is a turn off to me, I have never been rude or disrespectful to anyone for it.  I've thought that perhaps I should be, but I don't want to stoop to that level.

The closest thing I've ever seen to this was the bullish tactics of the labor unions back in Michigan.  Where groups of thugs would disrupt campaign speeches and vandalize businesses and property.  But, then it was relatively contained.  For example, most people know that you don't ever park an import in at a UAW hall (even if it's being rented for another function), or outside any automotive plant in Michigan.  Even a domestically made vehicle with a foreign badge (like a toyota tundra).  It will be damaged.  The unions hire guys to hang out in the parking lot and key cars.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top