Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2006 3:54:24 AM EDT
I live like right down the street from Crystal Lake where the Gay Games is attempting to have a rowing competition, it's one town over for me. I will tell you that 98% of the people who live here are opposed to having homosexuality shoved down our throats.

So, when the protests begin, I am making a sign and it shall read:

"I can't bring my rifle to Chicago, don't bring your canoe to Crystal Lake."

Where is my buddy PCGuns on this one?

I think homosexuality is wrong, gross and sinful but I think people should all be treated with respect. I just don't want to be forced to accept that lifestyle as mainstream, cause it ain't.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow! That is really witty.

Is your lifestyle mainstream? Does it even matter if it is?

Why give a rats ass about the gay games? Why go out of your way to make a sign against some people you say "should all be treated with respect"?

Don't you want the same respect for your causes?

JR

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:09:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I love my dogs, but I not gonna shove my dick in to one.   I might not have the morality  championship belt.  But, I not sticking  my dick into anything , unless its a Human Female.

Silly Rabbit, Dicks are for Chicks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Geez, it doesn't seem to take to long anymore for someone to jump all over patriot.

As for the games, I think the whole idea is shitty.  I don't have any problem with gay people.  I've worked with them, hell my cousin is a lesbian.

However, I don't know why the "Gay Games" are neccessary.  Are they prevented from participating in the Olympics or other sporting events?  Look at the LPGA, you've got your gay games right there.

WTF is next?  Straight games, african american games, asian games, european games?  They say they want to be treated fairly, like everyone else.  If that's the case why would they promote something like this that does nothing but reinforce the separation.  It's a big steaming pile of crap.  Don't complain about double standards if you're gonna pick and choose the ones you're gonna bitch about.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
It's just another way to STICK IT IN YOUR FACE...This country so politically correct "we" don't want to offend anyone....But it is ok if those same groups "we" don't want to offend offend us...go figure....I'm with you patriot.. It ain't right no matter how you present it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Geez, it doesn't seem to take to long anymore for someone to jump all over patriot.

As for the games, I think the whole idea is shitty.  I don't have any problem with gay people.  I've worked with them, hell my cousin is a lesbian.

However, I don't know why the "Gay Games" are neccessary.  Are they prevented from participating in the Olympics or other sporting events?  Look at the LPGA, you've got your gay games right there.

WTF is next?  Straight games, african american games, asian games, european games?  They say they want to be treated fairly, like everyone else.  If that's the case why would they promote something like this that does nothing but reinforce the separation.  It's a big steaming pile of crap.  Don't complain about double standards if you're gonna pick and choose the ones you're gonna bitch about.

A big PLUS 1
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1

With all of this political correctness (avoidance of language or action that insults or offends racial or social groups) it seems that everybody has a free ticket to do what ever they want, except for Caucasians.

It's a sad day indeed for this country when special groups of people are given more rights and freedoms than the rest of us.

With "Big Brother" to back them up, where will it all end...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Patriot, I tend to disagree with you on the whole;

I think homosexuality is wrong, gross and sinful......

I have no problem with gay people.

Personally, I'm under the impression that they are born that way, not that they choose to be gay (this coming from a kid that has grown up Catholic and went to a Catholic High School). I've got a couple relatives and a few friend's of the family that are gay. They're good people and their kids are just as normal as anyone else's. That said, I don't want Kalahnikid eyeing me up and down like he does at all the Blastfests

I agree with you on the;

I just don't want to be forced to accept that lifestyle as mainstream

Wholeheartedly. But, I don't want to be "forced" to accept anything. I don't want to accept that guns are evil, hippies are good, and John McCain is a Republican, no matter how many times the TV man says so.

That's my $.02 on the subject.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I could care less what gay (or straight ... for that matter) people do in their own bedrooms behind closed doors.  

With that said, when they make a point of challenging the public with this "accept me or else you are bigoted" shite, that crosses the line.  What the gay activists are trying to do is erode the morals/beliefs of the mainstream so that their perverted sensibilities become accepted as "normal".

I say: Do what ever you want in your bedroom, but I shouldn't have to hear about it, see it on TV, read about it in the newspaper, etc...  Keep thy gay proselytism to thyself.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#9]
You might be suprised, there is a gay member of this forum.

Me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I live like right down the street from Crystal Lake where the Gay Games is attempting to have a rowing competition, it's one town over for me. I will tell you that 98% of the people who live here are opposed to having homosexuality shoved down our throats.

I think homosexuality is wrong, gross and sinful but I think people should all be treated with respect. I just don't want to be forced to accept that lifestyle as mainstream, cause it ain't.

Pathetic man.  You should be ashamed of this post.

The same mentality that makes us redneck white trash for owning firearms is the exactly what produces this homophobia.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I love my dogs, but I not gonna shove my dick in to one.   I might not have the morality  championship belt.  But, I not sticking  my dick into anything , unless its a Human Female.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Hell, I think I may pony up some dough for a membership just to be able to use THAT as my sig line.

efxguy
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Me.

And I have no problem with that.  You didn't strike me as the proselytising activist kind.

In general I have a problem with those who want to impose their belief structures (read: religion, sexuality, morality, etc...) upon others.

Well I think the hornet's nest has sufficiently been stirred up now....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Me.

And you seem just as much of a freedom loving American as anyone else.

Shame on you so called moralists that hate someone because they make a life choice that you do not agree with, especially one which has nothing to do with you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me.

And you seem just as much of a freedom loving American as anyone else.

Shame on you so called moralists that hate someone because they make a life choice that you do not agree with, especially one which has nothing to do with you.

I don't hate anyone for who they are but there are few, if any homosexuals in Mchenry County. I have the right to live the way I so choose and where I wish to live. There is a reason why I don't live at Clark and Broadway. There are reasons why everyone lives in this area and a homosexual rowing event ain't the reason why folks live here.

I don't think the event should be denied by the City Counsel, I also am 100% positive that they cannot deny the event based purely on discrimination and/or civil rights. The same can be said for the American Nazi Party or the Clan or the Taliban, and I don't want to see them having a rowing event either.

I have kids. I am a Christian. When I was a kid, there were but a mere pittance of the amount of homosexuals there are today. Today it's cool to be Gay in the eyes of Hollywood and the idiot box we call television. I will NOT teach my 8 year old son it is ok to have sex with other men as my personal beliefs dictate otherwise. If you Tim, feel it is ok to have sex with other men, adopt children or whatever, bully for you, you are in the VAST minority of American opinion.

I would never not be friends with someone because they are gay. But homosexuality in the mainstream, and the fact that it is being shoved down our throats very much affects me, and my family.

There should be no Gay Games. There are already Olympic games, for everyone. If Gay people can't or won't compete in a public venue that is not created just for them, that is their problem.

Shame on you Tim for attacking my personal beliefes because they don't fit into a neat little box that you have conjured up to contain what you think life should be.

I would expect large demonstrations from the locals the day of the Gay Games. If you didn't want me in your house, I wouldn't come to your house.

Counting the seconds until this thread is locked.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Folks do love to hate me around here.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Me.

Nothing in life shocks me anymore. I have no personal issues with you but I do have the right to disagree with how you live your life, just as you have the right to disagree with how I live mine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Patriot, I tend to disagree with you on the whole;

I think homosexuality is wrong, gross and sinful......

I have no problem with gay people.

Personally, I'm under the impression that they are born that way, not that they choose to be gay (this coming from a kid that has grown up Catholic and went to a Catholic High School). I've got a couple relatives and a few friend's of the family that are gay. They're good people and their kids are just as normal as anyone else's. That said, I don't want Kalahnikid eyeing me up and down like he does at all the Blastfests

I agree with you on the;

I just don't want to be forced to accept that lifestyle as mainstream

Wholeheartedly. But, I don't want to be "forced" to accept anything. I don't want to accept that guns are evil, hippies are good, and John McCain is a Republican, no matter how many times the TV man says so.

That's my $.02 on the subject.

WIZZO

I hear you brother. But I disagree. I have known Lesbians. Each Lesbian I have known was an avid man hater that was at least in their eyes, abused by a male at some point.

I have known some gay men. From what I have been exposed to they are far from monogamous people.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pathetic man.  You should be ashamed of this post.

The same mentality that makes us redneck white trash for owning firearms is the exactly what produces this homophobia.

And one more thing, the "homophobic" argument is bullshit. Most men are repulsed by the notion of having sex with another man, that vast, vast majority. God made us masculine, that is our nature. Most men, minus the emasculated modern meterosexual half man, find gay male sex unacceptable and contrary to male nature. has nothing to do with some secret desire to have man on man forest preserve sex.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#20]
As they say, "...we are everywhere..." I wouldn't be suprised if some of us were in Mchenry County too.

By the way, you do know that you don't have to be gay to participate in the gay games? It's open to anyone, gay, straight, or whatever. Think of it as a get together of people to do athletic things, some might call it a competition. I hear the news guy (straight) on WLS's Don and Roma is going to compete in ping pong.

My partner and I have been in a monogamous relationship for the last 3+ years but that's really none of your business is it?  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Plenty of blame to go around.

Why do the actively anti Gay folks (mostly self proclaimed Christians) have a hard time treating gay folks as their neighbors ie. Love thy neighbor as thyself.  Being Gay does not mean they are excluded from "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".  It is possible to disagree and still be civil.

For the life of me I don't understand the segment of the gay community who wants to make their sexual preference the defining aspect of their life. Much of what these activists decry as discrimination is seen by more traditional folks as an attack on American culture. And it is an attack on traditional culture. Changing the meaning of marriage, teaching prepubescent children in schools about homosexuality, using the court system to give them special status, all the while showing the same "hatred" and "intolerance" toward traditional Christianity they decry in others. These are all percieved as attacks on the Judeo/Christian moral foundations of our nation.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
As they say, "...we are everywhere..." I wouldn't be suprised if some of us were in Mchenry County too.

By the way, you do know that you don't have to be gay to participate in the gay games? It's open to anyone, gay, straight, or whatever. Think of it as a get together of people to do athletic things, some might call it a competition. I hear the news guy (straight) on WLS's Don and Roma is going to compete in ping pong.

My partner and I have been in a monogamous relationship for the last 3+ years but that's really none of your business is it?  

I will pass on this opportunity of a lifetime.    I cetainly hope "leap-frog" is not one of the events.....  My oldest sister is of alternative lifestyle, and while I don't agree with the lifestyle, I have great respect for her and her partner.   They do not rub it in anyones face, they don't march in parades, etc.   Lead your life as you want , but don't expect the rest of society to support you if you wave a lifestyle that is not overly popular it in our face.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#23]

So it isn't a gay only event? It is just a sporting event thinly disguising a political agenda of in your face gayness. This is what Patriot and others really react to, the utter lack of discretion.

I am waiting for the political movement of middle aged white guys who like barely legal girls. Of course they would be mocked and called lechers. The jokes made about the type of legislation they would propose would be hilarious.
Ultimately sexual preference is a stupid foundation for a political movement.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Was it Ronnie Millsapp  that sang " Behind Closed Doors" ?   Good place to keep it.

Sorry   , I think that is  the only ones I can think of.   Great contributers to the board here,  so I,m treading lightly here,   ... I have a 4  year old girl  and ,to tell her  that two guys  kissing , or women kissing on the street is  normal , ....

Well I cant do that .

Were all on the side of firearm ownership here ,  so I will call it A night.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Why not just call it "The games".

Even if everyone is invited, naturally, its only going to attract those that the title refers to.

I have no problem with homosexuality whatsoever.  Doesn't bother me one bit, as long as its not shoved in my face.  Do I cringe when I see two men holding hands?  Absolutely not.  Do a cringe a bit when I see two men making out on a park bench?  Absolutely.  However, I'd also cringe if I saw a heterosexual couple doing the same.  What irks me is when I cringe at something homosexual people are doing, there are people who immediately assume I am cringing at the fact that its a homosexual couple, and label me as a a biggot.  Whats the point?  Well, nobody will ever be happy with anything, so theres really no sense in getting all worked up over it.  It is what is is whether ya like it or not.  

The way I see it is this.  If someone held an event called "Asian Games" or "Straight Games"...do you honestly think anyone who doesn't fit the titles is going to participate?

They pass it along as not being discriminatory because "everyone" is invited.  Thats just a handy dandy little way of keeping yourself from having to deal with accusations of discrimination, even though thats exactly what you are doing.

As for Drobs...your bravery and honesty makes me proud to have you as a member here.

As for Patriot...your bravery and honesty makes me proud to have you as a member here.

You're both right.  Why?  Because you have the freedom to do and say what you please, and I certainly am not the one to tell you otherwise.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Why give a rats ass about the gay games? Why go out of your way to make a sign against some people you say "should all be treated with respect"?

JR

The way I interpret that statement is that attaching a race/way of life to something will always discriminate against someone, therefor showing a lack of respect.

"Straight Games", even open to everyone, would spark alot of controversy, because the very title discriminates and shows a lack of respect.  I can't imagine how homosexuals would react to that.  I'm sure everyone who was able to show up and protest would.  Why the double standard?  Because as you mentioned earlier, it shouldnt matter if what you do is mainstream or not.  Would you tell homosexuals not to protest straight games as well and say "why do you give a rats ass".  If so, then I guess I have nothing to bitch about  

In a society where everyone dreams about equality and claims thats what they want, there sure are alot of double standards floating around.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

By the way, ping pong is not an athletic activity. Nope it's none of my business what you and your "partner" do, nor would I ever want to make it my business. Furthermore, it's really none of anyone's business how we live our lives out here and if that was understood by homosexuals, the "Gay Games" being brought to Crystal lake wouldn't even be a thought. It's the fact that the subculture you belong to makes it their business how we live and what we believe and attempt to force us to accept a lifestyle that is without a doubt an enormous minority in America and globally.

It is none of my business what you and your partner do, but myself and just about every other Father in the world will make it our business when your peers try to teach our sons that your lifestyle is acceptable. Although I respect your right to live as you wish, you must accept the fact that until mankind ceases to exist, Men will teach their Sons that men belong with women, and that is how we live our lives.

The only participation I will have in the Gay Games is peacefully protesting it. I am currently rallying others in the area to demonstrate. Rallying support has been exceedingly easy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Was it Ronnie Millsapp  that sang " Behind Closed Doors" ?   Good place to keep it.

Sorry   , I think that is  the only ones I can think of.   Great contributers to the board here,  so I,m treading lightly here,   ... I have a 4  year old girl  and ,to tell her  that two guys  kissing , or women kissing on the street is  normal , ....

Well I cant do that .

Were all on the side of firearm ownership here ,  so I will call it A night.

Man I love Ronnie Milsapp. "Smokey Mountain Rain keeps fallin."
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Plenty of blame to go around.

Why do the actively anti Gay folks (mostly self proclaimed Christians) have a hard time treating gay folks as their neighbors ie. Love thy neighbor as thyself.  Being Gay does not mean they are excluded from "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".  It is possible to disagree and still be civil.

For the life of me I don't understand the segment of the gay community who wants to make their sexual preference the defining aspect of their life. Much of what these activists decry as discrimination is seen by more traditional folks as an attack on American culture. And it is an attack on traditional culture. Changing the meaning of marriage, teaching prepubescent children in schools about homosexuality, using the court system to give them special status, all the while showing the same "hatred" and "intolerance" toward traditional Christianity they decry in others. These are all percieved as attacks on the Judeo/Christian moral foundations of our nation.

I disagree, yet I am being very cival. Those who know me well will concur.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JR

The way I interpret that statement is that attaching a race/way of life to something will always discriminate against someone, therefor showing a lack of respect.

"Straight Games", even open to everyone, would spark alot of controversy, because the very title discriminates and shows a lack of respect.  I can't imagine how homosexuals would react to that.  I'm sure everyone who was able to show up and protest would.  Why the double standard?  Because as you mentioned earlier, it shouldnt matter if what you do is mainstream or not.  Would you tell homosexuals not to protest straight games as well and say "why do you give a rats ass".  If so, then I guess I have nothing to bitch about  

In a society where everyone dreams about equality and claims thats what they want, there sure are alot of double standards floating around.  

As to "Straight Games" I say go for it! Put it together, get some sponsers, pay for the use of the facilities, find some people to attend and compete.

I really don't think I will be participating as a spectator at the Gay Games. Never know, but I immagine, I have better things to do with my time. Brad and I will catch Market Days in Boystown every few years. Never been a fan of the Parade. Get's too be gratuitous.

By the way having grown up in the "church" spending 4 years a conservative xtian college and attending a year at seminary, I don't get offended by much anymore.

Enough of this lets talk guns.

Patriot, I hear the Vepr Mafia is making an attempt at an uprising on the AK board. I think we need to go over and quel it before it gains momentum.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I am here Patriot!

I will be there with you my brother!  I was thinking more like
"I can't bring my rifle to Chicago, don't bring your strokers  to Crystal Lake."
Kidding aside:

I just hate the idea they have to call it Gay Games, if they would not try and stand out it would be a lot easier for them to mingle in with society.  I think many people are afraid that it will be like the gay pride parade!  Which to many calling it Gay anthing it associates the Gay Pride circus to anything they do.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow, just wow, Wayne.  I thought you were a libertarian of sorts until I read this.  Sadly, you're just like them.

I'm going to make things real clear here:

I am not gay.  I am a Christian myself.  I do believe that what they are doing is sinful and wrong, and all of that, just like you.

However....

I think the same about Muslims, Jews, people that warship trees, Pagans, Agnostics and Athiests, etc.  Their lifestyle is completley wrong, and immoral, and it'll be up to them to make it right with God when they're at the gate of heaven.  I will pray for them just as Jesus said, as we are all sinners, and they WILL have their time to be forgiven.  There is no sin that cannot be forgiven in the eyes of the Lord our God.

That said, politically, it's time to seperate your feelings from logic.  Logic would say that in the land of the free, a man is free to do whatever he wishes, so long as it's not infringing on the freedom of another individual.

Drobs and I hung out about a week ago.  He's a nice guy, a hard working American, educated, and not a bad shot, either.  Himself, Natalie, and I, had a blast tearing up some paper targets at the range.  He even had made mention of his, "Partner" whom I wrongly assumed was a woman.  No big deal, we had a great time shooting, he enjoys guns as much as I do, and I very much enjoyed our afternoon.

He didn't feel it necessary to share his sexual preference with me, nor did I have a discussion with him about mine.  It just doesn't matter.  Honestly, I don't give a fuck what any of you guys choose to do.  I consider everyone here in the HTF a friend, and I enjoy our outings (blastfests, Hooters, trips to the range, whatever) that we have.

You should be ashamed for not tolerating someone's choice of how to utilize their liberty.  That is so disgustingly wrong, I think you should be as ashamed as a gun grabbing liberal.

This, and other issues like it prove my point.  There is no hope for the major political parties of america.  We have the party of socialism and the party of fascism now.  You can only choose your social freedom or economic freedom, but you cannot have both.  This is the land of the free, damnit, I want BOTH!

God I'm so pissed off right now I'm just going to post this and think of what to say later.  Shame, shame on you, Patriot.  I thought you were a Patriot.  I thought you understood the concept of liberty, more so than anyone else on this board, but I was wrong.  You're not a patriot.  You think liberty is only for those that you agree with, and in this case, you just couldn't be any more wrong.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
That said, I don't want Kalahnikid eyeing me up and down like he does at all the Blastfests

Erroneous charges!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Patriot, I hear the Vepr Mafia is making an attempt at an uprising on the AK board. I think we need to go over and quel it before it gains momentum.  

Its too late, they sent out undercover operatives into the our HTF.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That said, I don't want Kalahnikid eyeing me up and down like he does at all the Blastfests

Erroneous charges!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I read that I originally thought I saw "bonerroneous charges".

I laughed my ass off.  Then realized its late, I'm tired, and I read it wrong.

Tim, Patriots not doing anything wrong here.  Just expressing his views, and being honest.  Hes not telling anyone what they should or should not do.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Tim, Patriots not doing anything wrong here.  Just expressing his views, and being honest.  Hes not telling anyone what they should or should not do.

He's disappointing me, being wrong and all.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I grew up in Oak Park and my roomate for years at boarding school was gay. I have little use for those who would limit my rights, and the many homosexuals I have known over the years, as close as brothers or as casual aquaintances, have never been keen on telling me what to do or what the government should do to me. As far as I'm concerned, this is the most I can hope for from those I come to know in this life. However, this is beside the point.

Respectfully, Patriot, I think that it may be anti-productive for you to involve our pro 2nd Ammendment agenda with something that will be perceived by attendees of the festival as anti-gay. In fact, I don't believe that we should be mixing this message with any other topic, as it will ultimately be diluted, and could result in fragmentation of our membership.

For example, think about what happened with the whole GOA fiasco about 6 years ago when the organization did not issue alerts regarding the anti-gun sentiment of committed pro-life candidates. There was a schism amongst gun owners. Our activists strayed into outside territory, and there were repercussions, albeit short-lived, for firearm owners. Similarly, I'm quite sure that everyone remembers the problems that arose surrounding the involvement of Roy Lucas within the Silveira Vs. Lockyer case, a person who had argued before the supreme court numerous times.

Respectfully, I think that your small protest, whether it is well-reasoned or not, will engender ill will toward us and our cause. Of course, this is only my opinion.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tim, I am blown away by how you just can't grasp what I'm saying. I do not begrudge drobs for his lifestyle choices. I am sure he is a good guy and I would gladly shoot beside him at Blastfest. I just don't want to force fed anything and that is exactly what this event is attempting to do. The organizers have openly said that this is an attempt to demonstrate that Homosexuals also live wholesome lives. If that isn't being force fed, then I don't know what is.

As someone who very deeply believes in the ideals of Libertarianism, I feel I should not be forced by a government, in this case the City of Crystal Lake to accept a minority sub-culture.

There is not much difference between this event and the rest of the bullshit that is being forced down our throats by sub-sets and government entities.

You are disappointed, fine, that's part of life. When you have a Son, let's see how you feel about a Gay rowing event in your little quiet small town. As parents we are constantly fending off the negative influences of modern pop and Liberal culture. You and I had a chance to grow up in an environment where our Fathers could openly tell us that being in a relationship with the same sex is wrong, my kids deserve the same.

I will never condone homosexuality and I will never support it. I support the right to be Gay, and the human and civil rights that come with that because I believe in what this Country supposedly stands for.

You and I both know when the Forefathers fought and died for this country, they weren't doing it so conservative people 50 miles from Chicago can have Chicago politics and lifestyle choices thrown in their face.

Keep it in Chicago. We live here to stay away from Chicago's bullshit.

Again, I can't bring my rifle to Chicago, an object that to me represents the cornerstone of freedom. Don't bring your canoe to Crystal Lake.

The people who come here to have this event will not be welcomed by the locals. The locals in this area will not be force fed this crap no matter how many ping pong tables are set up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tim, I am blown away by how you just can't grasp what I'm saying.

Nope.  Hatred and bias is crap the nazis did.  This isn't nazi Germany, this is the United States of America.

I can't imagine how you could even SPELL libertarianism if you do not support someone's right to do whatever they wish if it does not affect you.

You did use one word that sounds more appropriate though, "Conservative".

When you're done being, "Conservative" and ready to be a patriot again, thanks.  If you cannot see how blatently wrong you are telling someone that they cannot practice their beliefs in public because it offends you, you're no different than any liberal gun grabber.

When you're done bashing gays, why don't you go ahead and put in your application to work at the DEA, and make sure you write your congressman and inform him that you'd support concentration camps for gays, because you can't understand how the liberty of someone that does something unpopular should be protected.

BTW, there are no more gay people today than there were 50 or 100 years ago.  This is not a new or expanding "problem".  You just hear about it more because they're tired of the bias of society against them.

We do live in a culture where you can tell everyone in public that being gay is wrong.  Hello 1st amendment.  You can scream about how wrong they are.

You want away from Chicago's bullshit?  You want to be surrounded by homophobes?  Move south.  You're not going to find something like that in a liberal utopia like Illinois, as this is one issue that the liberals have right.

Make your way to the bible belt and I'm sure the racist homophobes that make up the Republican party in the south will be glad to have you, and your vote.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#40]
"Nope.  Hatred and bias is crap the nazis did.  This isn't nazi Germany, this is the United States of America."

Note to Tim: The whole Nazi analogy shouldn't be used by anyone any more unless they are talking about someone like Saddam or Kim Jong-il.

"You did use one word that sounds more appropriate though, "Conservative".

When you're done being, "Conservative" and ready to be a patriot again, thanks.

You want away from Chicago's bullshit?  You want to be surrounded by homophobes?  Move south.  You're not going to find something like that in a liberal utopia like Illinois, as this is one issue that the liberals have right.

Make your way to the bible belt and I'm sure the racist homophobes that make up the Republican party in the south will be glad to have you, and your vote."

Tim, question. Are you holding yourself up as being someone who is tolerant? The statements above don't reflect the beliefs of a tolerant man. They don't sound like the words of a self described Christian either.

There are hypocrites and intolerant people in every political party, race, sexual orientation and nationality. How can you accuse Patriot of intolerance when you spew as much or more hatred and venom than him, just at different groups? At least he put some qualifiers in his statements.

For the record, I am a Christian, I am also a hypocrite and intolerant of various others at times. We all are. I've met Drobs and he is a stand-up guy. I didn't miss when he dropped the "partner" clue as he did with someone else. I knew what he meant and it doesn't matter to me. We are all sinners and all fall short of the glory of God. We are also all children of God and entitled to the forgiveness if Jesus, should we choose to seek and be blessed by it. That means Drobs, Patriot, you, Me and everyone else here.

I do agree that SOME Christians spend too much time on anti-gay crusades. While I understand that it is a reaction to the radical groups like ACT-UP, it is misguided. My wife, having been in theater in high school, has had many gays friends. Many sadly have passed on too soon. But when I talk to them they are turned off by the actions of the radical groups and the promiscous SF bathhouse lifestyle. Not to speak for them, but they are also luke warm at best on the gay marriage bills.

Ok, I've rambled enough, in order to flesh out my points 100% clearly I would be typing for two more hours and I have neither the time nor interest in doing that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#41]
NO offense, but that slogan is actually pretty stupid. You do realize that the event is paying to use whatever they are using up there. I'm sure your town is making a pretty penny off of them.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Tim, question. Are you holding yourself up as being someone who is tolerant? The statements above don't reflect the beliefs of a tolerant man. They don't sound like the words of a self described Christian either.

Sorry Timmy, but I gotta +1 this.  You're throwing around more hatred and discrimination right now than anyone else in this post.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#43]
"Homophobia" - Term used by intolerant homosexuals and those that support deviant sodomy, against anyone or group that does not agree with their aberrant sexual activities and corrupt social agenda.  

Since the word "phobia" has a negative connotation to it, the onus of that word is now leveled against those that have an averse negative reaction to proactive homosexual pressure groups and not against those that wish to promote self denigrating alternative lifestyles as decent and normal. The insidious implication here being that there is nothing wrong with deviant sexual activity. It is only those that stridently oppose the openly public, outward social display and legal institution of such human depravity that have such psychological imbalances. They are therefore stricken and replete with the mental illness of "homophobia."

Certainly there can be nothing wrong with chosen homosexual lifestyles that have been thoroughly condemned by every major religion, society and nation since the dawn of mankind. No! It is those that uphold and defend traditional family and conservative societal values that suffer from such unenlightened mental phobias. This according to socialist New Age liberal philosophy.  

It is a remarkable corruption on words and ideas. Orwellian to say the least. This contemporary term "homophobia," developed by your betters for public digestion. And some of you guys eat it up like a sick dog laps his vomit. Shame on you guys. Start to learn to think for yourselves.      
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Respectfully, Patriot, I think that it may be anti-productive for you to involve our pro 2nd Ammendment agenda with something that will be perceived by attendees of the festival as anti-gay. In fact, I don't believe that we should be mixing this message with any other topic, as it will ultimately be diluted, and could result in fragmentation of our membership.

Respectfully, I think that your small protest, whether it is well-reasoned or not, will engender ill will toward us and our cause. Of course, this is only my opinion.

Less respectfully, I agree too.

JR
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry Timmy, but I gotta +1 this.  You're throwing around more hatred and discrimination right now than anyone else in this post.

So you're accusing me of being INTOLERANT of INTOLERANCE?

Guilty as charged, I have much hate for people that just don't grasp that if you're not bothering someone else, you have a right to be simply left alone.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It was originally done by Charlie Rich, although Ronnie Milsap did cover it later on.
It was written by Kenny O'Dell and recorded in 1973 and won the Grammy for best country song that year.

"Behind Closed Doors"

My baby makes me proud
Lord, don't she make me proud
She never makes a scene
By hanging all over me in a crowd
'Cause people like to talk
Lord, don't they love to talk
But when they turn out the lights
I know she'll be leaving with me

And when we get behind closed doors
Then she lets her hair hang down
And she makes me glad that I'm a man
Oh, no-one knows what goes on behind closed doors

My baby makes me smile
Lord, don't she make me smile
She's never far away
Or too tired to say: "I want you"
She's always a lady, just like a lady should be
But when they turn out the lights
She's still a baby to me

'Cause when we get behind closed doors
Then she lets her hair hang down
And she makes me glad that I'm a man
Oh, no-one knows what goes on behind closed doors
Behind closed doors

Rich also recorded another very popular song, "The Most Beautiful Girl," which appeared on the same album.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So basically you're saying if he doesn't share your views, he's wrong?

What is this, 3rd grade?

You keep saying "Libertarian"..

In the words of Inigo Montoya... "You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
So basically you're saying if he doesn't share your views, he's wrong?

What is this, 3rd grade?

No, the team Forum is 3rd grade; all the open forums are kindergarden.

I think what some people are trying to say is that just like Newtons 3rd law of motion where every action has an equal and opposite reaction; this is often the same in society as well. The more the illegals protest down in Cali, the more people are going to hate them.

I think these gay games could be counterproductive to their cause in that people will become afraid or even feel threatened by it, and become less tolerant of homosexuals.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#50]
NPD233

I would say more like 5th.

Oh and......Love your sigline

JR

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top