Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 6:53:15 PM EDT
My Bushmaster preban 14.5" m4gery w/ the EOTech and all of its goodies, my WASR-10, my CETME, my roomate's fullsize Bushmaster AR, his custom AK pistol, and his S&W .357 were all taken. I called the cops and they came over took some photos and failed at taking some fingerprints. I'm trying to figure out the serial numbers of these firearms that have been aquired at different times over the past few years.

Keep a look out for these at your local pawn shop.

God I hate this place.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Man that sux,  I am sorry to hear of your loss.  BUT, (putting my flame suite on).

Why the heck didn't yall have a safe?  Or did you?  You can get half ass decent 300lb sentry safes for less than $500 these days.  

Now look what some crack head and his buddies are out there playing with.  "Assault Rifles"!  God only knows what someone could do with those firearms.  It just adds fuel to the fire for the antis.

Now don't get me wrong.  I truly believe the kind that stole your stuff shouldn't be out runnin the streets to begin with.  But they are.  You know it and so does everyone else.  In a perfect world we shouldn't have to lock our stuff up and worry about people stealing it.  We don't live in a perfect world.

Please, anyone else that reads this.  If you have firearms like these please buy a safe or find some very secure way to store them when not being used.  Nothing is completely secure, if someone wants your shit bad enough they'll figure a way to get it.  I know how bad you want that next firearm but for about the same price you could hold off a little longer and spend the money on a safe.

I truly hope you get your stuff back.  Unfortunetly most cases like this turn out to be someone you know.  Someone who's seen your stuff and is familiar with your routine.  Good luck,

Flame away,

Stone
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]

I truly hope you get your stuff back. Unfortunetly most cases like this turn out to be someone you know. Someone who's seen your stuff and is familiar with your routine. Good luck,

That does suck. hopefully a small miracle will happen and youll be able to get at least some of your stuff back.  If Im not mistaken if there is a report filed and you find your stuff in a pawn shop/gun shop youll get em back at no cost.  But odds are theyll probably be sold to individuals rather than getting pawned.

bypassing Stone's rant on buying a safe (which isnt bad advice) I'll agree that theres a better than average chance you know who did this.  I notice you didnt mention anything else being taken.  did anything else dissappear?  if no then its definetly someone you know.  If anything else was stolen (especially if it was stashed somewhere out of the way) it would also point to someone you know.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why the heck didn't yall have a safe?  Or did you?  You can get half ass decent 300lb sentry safes for less than $500 these days.  

I hope at least one person reading this thread takes this advice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Burgalrized not robbed. Robbery is an person to person crime involving theft by threat.

Sorry to hear about that.

You should hit the Pawn Shops yourself as TPD doesnt have as active a PS detail as Hillsborough County SO does.

HCSO recovered stolen items from a PS for us a few years ago.

You may have to chalk this up to a costly lesson learned.  But you could get lucky.

A) Record your serial numbers in more than one place.
B) Get a safe.

Did they rummage or go straight for the guns ?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My bet is straight for the guns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My bet is straight for the guns.

If that is the case on the situation, you know the person...
Sorry to hear that this happened, a safe is a good investment.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top