Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 11:32:16 AM EDT
Yeah so I forgot to chamber the first round but man it was fun!!!!

http://webpages.charter.net/sicksider/100_0600.MOV

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
can't do quicktime
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah so I forgot to chamber the first round but man it was fun!!!!

webpages.charter.net/sicksider/100_0600.MOV

Made the link live for ya.  Nice job on the bump!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! how do you make it a link? I always just put the link on other boards Hey Junkie just download Quicktime, its free
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You just type the link with a {url}link{/url} but use [ ] instead of { }.

The Board Code button describes this and other stuff like fonts and colors.

Edited to get the code to display.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My first bumpfire!
Hey Was That a AK?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Yuppers Ak Wasr-10
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks! how do you make it a link? I always just put the link on other boards Hey Junkie just download Quicktime, its free

Don't want it.
It tries to perform functions beyond those purported.
Same with realplayer.
Fuck'em; I'll just have to miss out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't want it.
It tries to perform functions beyond those purported.
Same with realplayer.
Fuck'em; I'll just have to miss out.

Hmm, I've hated Real for a long time but I've never had issues with Quicktime.  Could you elaborate, T-J?  What does Quicktime try to pull?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Man I have Real, WMP, Win Amp, and QT, I just like to be able to play anything i download
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Its been a while since I;ve used it, but ....

The version I had wrote itself into the registry as a start up, or start center, or quick launch, or some flavor of TSR bullshit.
It wasted memory and boot time to be loaded and ready if ever I wanted to use it.
I couldn't find a disable prompt in the software.
Wasn't in the startup folder.
Couldn't find it in MSCONFIG.
Had to edit it out of the registry.

It also had periodic nag screens that tried to harass me into paying to upgrade to a better version that didn't have nag screens.
It was billed as freeware, but acted like trial shareware.

Then after switching OS', I was gonna put it back, but the install package came bundled with some other crap that I didn't want.
I couldn't seperate them.
Take it all, or take none of it.

I felt like it was hostile and I couldn't trust it on the little petty stuff, so I swore it off.

There are too many good designers begging for recognition of their efficient utilities for me to spend my time fending off coup d'etats from pissant warez with little marketshare.

FF'em, they can get user friendly or dry up for all I care.

(This WAS a couple years ago. I admit that the package may have improved, but I wouldn't know.)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't remember WTF it was, but I had a neat little utility that could convert amongst all the media formats.

Then you could just stick with one player and convert the files over.
All conversions seem to bloat files but it worked.

It'll come to me later ............
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yuppers Ak Wasr-10

Keep up the good Work I like How Ak's Sound
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:10:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Its been a while since I;ve used it, but ....

The version I had wrote itself into the registry as a start up, or start center, or quick launch, or some flavor of TSR bullshit.
It wasted memory and boot time to be loaded and ready if ever I wanted to use it.
I couldn't find a disable prompt in the software.
Wasn't in the startup folder.
Couldn't find it in MSCONFIG.
Had to edit it out of the registry.

It also had periodic nag screens that tried to harass me into paying to upgrade to a better version that didn't have nag screens.
It was billed as freeware, but acted like trial shareware.

Then after switching OS', I was gonna put it back, but the install package came bundled with some other crap that I didn't want.
I couldn't seperate them.
Take it all, or take none of it.

I felt like it was hostile and I couldn't trust it on the little petty stuff, so I swore it off.

There are too many good designers begging for recognition of their efficient utilities for me to spend my time fending off coup d'etats from pissant warez with little marketshare.

FF'em, they can get user friendly or dry up for all I care.

(This WAS a couple years ago. I admit that the package may have improved, but I wouldn't know.)

I understand.  Yes it is still a TSR program installation.  The nag screen is very shareware-like and annoying, but only comes up every so often.  Personally, I like the .MOV video format better than most alternatives.  But those things don't come close to the crap RealPlayer pulls .
But to each their own - understandable why you stay away from it.

I've used a few vid format converters, but don't remember exactly what worked for .MOVs.  Might have been TMPenc.  For anyone that's interested: www.dvdhelp.com is a good source for info.  (At least it used to be - been a while since I've been there.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top