Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2009 2:11:12 PM EDT
She's starting to come together. Got back from Austin Texas this morning at 9:30, threw a chain hoist from a limb  and put my ring and gunshield on. Next is the box "armor", paint and logo's. Hoping to have it ready for the Hooters car show in Sept.

[

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
She's starting to come together. Got back from Austin Texas this morning at 9:30, threw a chain hoist from a limb  and put my ring and gunshield on. Next is the box "armor", paint and logo's. Hoping to have it ready for the Hooters car show in Sept.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/RingA.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/RingB.jpg

[http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/RingC.jpg

Awesome!!!!

Where and when is the Hooters car show?

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hooters in Des Moines, Weekend of Sept 16 or 25th, I'm not sure right now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks like something that will get you Face down in the dirt  and in cuffs,real quick.

Cool though,.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That looks like something that will get you Face down in the dirt  and in cuffs,real quick.

Cool though,.

Yeah, I don't think I'd try something like that in a blue state like Iowa, especially not in a liberal area like Des Moines.

Even down here you might have a problem with that, as an LEO might claim that was "calculated to cause alarm"...
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The local Sherriff Department knows who I am. I've done so many parades in this area. Had a Deputy stop and chat about the trucks and the auctions that were going on as he wants one. Heck one day I was getting ready for a parade. Had the jeep decked out with the Dummy Browning 1919, M1 Garand, M1 carbine, thompson, dummy grenades, camo nets, demilled bazooka and I was wearing my 1911 as well as my WW2 uniform. A deputy stopped me and said I needed to take the covers off my license plates when I wasn't in a parade. I have canvass covers made up to hid my plates during a parade and had forgotten to take them off from a previous parade.

The M2 caliber .50 on the truck is fiberglass. Looks real enough for a parade though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Over the top cool in so many ways, love it.
I would be happy enough to just have the truck only.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Make sure you have a pen in that truck at all times. More than once, had one break the throttle return spring while on a run, pen's spring works pretty well in a pinch.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice truck.  I am in the market for a deuce and a half, I'm waiting for govliquidations to post some more from Dodge.  They have a HUGE tempirary motorpool full of deuces waiting for the auction block.  By the way, need a gunner?  I have a little practice on the fifty.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I have four trucks right now, trying to decide which two I am going to keep and than get rid of the other two. I bought the others to use as parts trucks, but they are too good to tear apart and I can't bring myself to do it. I'll just have to keep looking for a parts truck.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 4:45:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have four trucks right now, trying to decide which two I am going to keep and than get rid of the other two. I bought the others to use as parts trucks, but they are too good to tear apart and I can't bring myself to do it. I'll just have to keep looking for a parts truck.

there is a possibility, however remote, that i might be able to buy one of yours charly...  i'd like to set down with you sometime and visit...  

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

there is a possibility, however remote, that i might be able to buy one of yours charly...  i'd like to set down with you sometime and visit...  

Booger and Strongarm know how to get ahold of me. I'm free most weekends.

I also have two M60 gunshields for the M113 ACAV that I will adapt to the M1919A4 Browning and mount in the back of the truck.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Hot damn! Were you in Austin to get the ring & mount, or did you get it locally? That's a beauty!

If I had room, I would have bought an extra truck from Camp Dodge for parts too, still might & just leave it at work, Have done a few parades & will take it to the Marshalltown power show with my antique engines this weekend.

Have any troop seats for sale from your spare trucks?

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually, I drove to Marble Falls, just west of Austin to pick up the ring, and gunshields. About a 15 hour drive, that if I do again, it will be done at night.

Marshalltown Power Show is this weekend? I just may have to drive my truck over and hunt you up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Actually, I drove to Marble Falls, just west of Austin to pick up the ring, and gunshields. About a 15 hour drive, that if I do again, it will be done at night.

Marshalltown Power Show is this weekend? I just may have to drive my truck over and hunt you up.

Cool! I was up there all day today & go back Sat & Sun. They had me park the truck on the east end of the grounds & my engine display is just south of that under the Yamaha tent.

I met a guy there today that just bought a tan deuce & he's bringing his tomorrow.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Pictures from the show today:

Left to Right:
Gastrap (lookin mean), Charly Army (fat and ugly), Joshua (Really smart guy), Justin (Another smart guy) and Jessica (Eye candy!!) (Seriously, super nice gal)

Gastrap's M35A2 (The owner of the CJ3A made up to look like a GPW couldn't be found for a picture or name)

Joshua's, Justin's and Jessica's M35A2

Charly Army's  M35A2 in the back. Forgot my flag for the antenna.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the pics Charly!  The show organizers were happy to have the trucks there, never had more than a Jeep or two in the past.

Cant wait to see your guntruck loaded down with Hooters girls
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Charly,any idea when you want to pick up the radio shelter?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Very impressive, thank you for sharing.  Do you know of any Jeeps like the one in the photo that are for sale locally?

Thanks again for the pictures.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Very impressive, thank you for sharing.  Do you know of any Jeeps like the one in the photo that are for sale locally?

Thanks again for the pictures.

If I hear or see of any I'll send you a IM

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Left to Right:
Gastrap (lookin mean)

I was just starting to wonder why my 14 yr old daughter was taking so long to take the pics , But no, I dont smile much

Link Posted: 8/23/2009 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hot damn! Were you in Austin to get the ring & mount, or did you get it locally? That's a beauty!

If I had room, I would have bought an extra truck from Camp Dodge for parts too, still might & just leave it at work, Have done a few parades & will take it to the Marshalltown power show with my antique engines this weekend.

Have any troop seats for sale from your spare trucks?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/gastrap/convoy018.jpg

Gastrap, did you have this truck by Traer yesterday?  Think I saw it twice, if it was you, nice rig, that thing is an animal.  Couldn't believe how much get up and go it had.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#22]
The truck now has it's first coat of green, and I picked up my first sheet of 10 gauge sheet metal. I'm getting hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just returned froma National Guard Reunion Display, gave rides to the wifes and kids, none of the guys wanted to get near it LMAO.

I wonder if Strongarm is done puking? He went with me and pigged out on the brownies during the lunch meal.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Feeling much better now........bring on the brownies!

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top