Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2010 6:40:50 AM EDT
Hey all,

I'm getting the itch to try out a flintlock and am looking for advice on where in the general vicinity of the Appleton/Oshkosh/Green Bay area may have some inventory for a beginner to look at. I'm not against traveling down Milwaukee way either if there are good shops to check out.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Sheels at the mall in Appleton. I'd say Sportsmans Warehouse, but they are gone now .  

If you are heading towards Milwaukee via 41, stop at Cabelas. I'm sure they have a ton of stuff to play with. I have found weekends real busy there, have to wait in line to talk to someone behind the counter.

You couldn't drag me into Gander kicking and screaming, so I'd say steer clear of them. They are usually retardedly priced, and when they finally deem you good enough to talk to, they are usually the "I know everything, you don't know shit" types behind the counter. (at least the Green Bay store)
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#2]
You might want to check out this section on AR15
There are some very cool build it yourself kits that I have seen discussed over the years.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're willing to go as far as Cabelas, you may as well stop at Midwestern Shooter Supply in Lomira right off the highway or give them a call.  Most of my friends prefer going there over any other shop.  Contact Info on Website
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions folks. I've driven past Midwest Shooters many times. Looks like I need to finally drop in.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I got my hawken .50 from cabelas, Was only $20 more than the kit version. Great shooter.

Don't like the cleaning though.

I also have a CVA kentucky rifle that I don't shoot anymore. Built from a kit.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got my hawken .50 from cabelas, Was only $20 more than the kit version. Great shooter.

Don't like the cleaning though.

I also have a CVA kentucky rifle that I don't shoot anymore. Built from a kit.

What are you using for cleaning? I don't own one but have friends that do and they all use hot water and say it clease up in a snap.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top