Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 4:33:32 AM EDT
www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1095139394150430.xml?starledger?ntr

This article is from the Star Ledger. I wonder if the NJ AG will recommend tougher NJ laws. I wouldn't put it past him.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Having read the article I see it clearly stated that Semi-Auto's are the intended target (no pun intended). SO I guess their next step in to ban OUTSIDE of NJ purchases, ie. NY, PA, etc. Then...

Legislate because they have NO solutions, just fear.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
"These weapons are insane," McGreevey said at a news conference in Hamilton Township. "These weapons have one purpose, and that is to kill."

What's INSANE, is that this creton is still in office!!!

Among the options for helping to enforce the ban is suing the out-of-state dealers who sell semiautomatic weapons to New Jersey residents, Harvey said.

The only way that I could see this happening is if they passed even more restrictive legislation, banning specific guns again, but including a shitload of more companies to the list.

Boys, the message is clear, "PAY YOUR TAXES AND DO AS WE SAY", OH AND"WE DONT TRUST YOU AS OUR CITIZENS, YOU NEED TO BE KEPT IN CHECK"

2yrs. we and Mrs DWFAN are outta here!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Having read the article I see it clearly stated that Semi-Auto's are the intended target (no pun intended). SO I guess their next step in to ban OUTSIDE of NJ purchases, ie. NY, PA, etc. Then...

They can't control my conduct beyond the borders of NJ. I'm worried that the task force will recommend outlawing all semi-autos in NJ.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They can't control my conduct beyond the borders of NJ. I'm worried that the task force will recommend outlawing all semi-autos in NJ.

Mike

FFL's are required by Federal Law and the terms of their license to be in compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws.  If NJ passes legislation that restricts the instate possession and/or the out of state transfer of all or specific firearms it will be unlawful for an FFL to transfer the firearm to a resident of NJ.  

My advice to anyone in NY or NJ is to move to another state that believes in the right of its citizens to keep and bear arms.  It is not going to get any better in either of these two states and I think it's safe to say it's going to get more restrictive in the near future.  You can talk all you want about fighting the good fight but there comes a time when it's best to fold your cards and move on.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

FFL's are required by Federal Law and the terms of their license to be in compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws.  If NJ passes legislation that restricts the instate possession and/or the out of state transfer of all or specific firearms it will be unlawful for an FFL to transfer the firearm to a resident of NJ.  

My advice to anyone in NY or NJ is to move to another state that believes in the right of its citizens to keep and bear arms.  It is not going to get any better in either of these two states and I think it's safe to say it's going to get more restrictive in the near future.  You can talk all you want about fighting the good fight but there comes a time when it's best to fold your cards and move on.

You are right.  This is Commiefornia East and it is only going to get worse.  NJ is a lost cause and if the GOP ever loses control of the NYS Senate, it is over in NY.  Time to get out and leave the Liberals to their dream world.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Exactly where does that piece of penile-dented shit EX-governor get off doing or saying ANYTHING?  Signed an executive order?  GIVE ME A BREAK!  If ever I wanted someone to truly FOAD, its him right now...

Interesting thing........have you seen or heard of a signed letter of resignation? As of today there isn't one. I wouldn't be surprised if the 15th passes without one being filed, and with Codey still firmly planted in his current chair.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Exactly where does that piece of penile-dented shit EX-governor get off doing or saying ANYTHING?  Signed an executive order?  GIVE ME A BREAK!  If ever I wanted someone to truly FOAD, its him right now...

Interesting thing........have you seen or heard of a signed letter of resignation? As of today there isn't one. I wouldn't be surprised if the 15th passes without one being filed, and with Codey still firmly planted in his current chair.

It better for the republicans if he stays. Another year of him and the dems will have no chance.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
SHIT ! Where are those damn NRA lobbyists.Get their fricking ASSes up to Trenton Pronto. OH wait a minute, they are in their plush office chairs enjoying cigars and fine wine boasting how the AWB died for the rest of the U.S. They probably don't think New Jersey exists.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Well if we all started sucking dick like McGreevey, then we will all be above the law, just like him and this will have no effect upon us.  Right?  This way we can turn it into a homosexual issue and lord knows no politician wants to touch that one, well beside McGreevey............

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top