Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:53:41 PM EDT
Multi Gun Nationals

Dates: October 22-25, 2009

Has anyone been to this before? We are thinking of coming in from St. George to watch some of it. Do they allow visitors? Will there be stuff for sale? Is it packed with people?  I haven't been able to find any spectator info.

Thanks
Steve
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got back from USPSA Production/Open Nationals. I have never been to the 3 gun nats.

I personally dont think it would be worth it just to watch. There were a couple vendors there but not as many as a Area shoot.
If you come all this way you might as well shoot the damn match.
Our match was at Desert Sportsman so I dont know how the visitor thing would work with their rules but USPSA doesnt forbid it. Many guys had their wives/girlfriends/family with them.
I just dont think it would be fun to watch.

Couple ideas

Ask this in the 3 Gun Forum

Also join Brian Enos.com. That is where pretty much every competition shooter hangs out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I politely disagree.

Though it is perhaps not a spectacular spectator sport, there is quite a bit of cool stuff to see if it interests you.  You will get to see some of the worlds top shooters compete with more than one platform of firearm.  Would I travel from St. George to see it?  Heck, I would make a weekend out of it.  See some great shooting, have a great meal at a nice restaurant and enjoy the great weather and weekend out of your home town.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
To each his own. Maybe 3 gun is different enough.

For the pistol nationals there were so many stages that you went down a hall or behind something that you couldnt see anything. All the top shooters were there for sure but most are pretty focused on what is going on.

Right as I was going to start a stage who should walk up but Jerry and Kay Miculek, no pressure right
Luckily for me he couldnt see me in the house when I got my 2nd FTE that pretty much zeroed the stage.

One of these days I would like to shoot in the multigun nationals.

Whatever you do have fun, there is lots of stuff to do in vegas.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out the other forums too.

LV is only 120 miles away...so we usually go there every few months to play.  My wife is more into gambling than I am so I figured I'd check out the match.

We are staying at the Silverton....love their buffet...steamed clams, fried oysters, crab leg, prime rib........

Steve
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#5]
ALASKANFIRE,

How did you end up at the Nats?

I was there but did not shoot.  Some of the stages were... interesting...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out the other forums too.

LV is only 120 miles away...so we usually go there every few months to play.  My wife is more into gambling than I am so I figured I'd check out the match.

We are staying at the Silverton....love their buffet...steamed clams, fried oysters, crab leg, prime rib........

Steve

Maybe I just wasnt paying attention. If you are only a couple hours out it kind of changes my advice. Shoot a email to the match director and ask if it would be ok. If you were already coming over by all means stop by.

For some reason I was thinking you were a lot farther away.

Quoted:
ALASKANFIRE,

How did you end up at the Nats?

I was there but did not shoot.  Some of the stages were... interesting...

Why by my expert shooting of course
We go a lottery for our Section. My friend and I got lucky.

I hate to say it because it was my first Nats but I was kind of underwhelmed with the nationals stages. We also had a couple run ins with the RO's/RM.

I shot Area 1 and Golden Bullet. I liked the stages at both of those better. The national stages just seemed bland for the most part.

All of this is irrelevant because I shot terribly, I am probably lucky they were not any harder.
My opinion cold be skewed because of how poor my attitude was.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't think the stages looked all the challenging either.  Did you shoot production or open?  Did you know there is a Tuesday night IPSC league at American Shooters?  Last week there was 47 shooters.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Production

While the league sounds fun I dont feel like driving 7 hours on a workday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top