Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 10:54:34 AM EDT
Hey guys.  How many of you have a multi-state non resident ccw permit?  Was it hard to apply for?  Can you share who you used for the "formal" text book training?

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have FL. required $100 or so plus fingerprint fees. they take mn training or dnr hunter safety certification. you can dowload the app from the web.'

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey guys.  How many of you have a multi-state non resident ccw permit?  Was it hard to apply for?  Can you share who you used for the "formal" text book training?

The two most common are Utah and FL.  FL is great if you need FL coverage; UT has the advantage of being good in MN and NV that FL is not.

FL has many ways to qualify...not necessarily needing a new class.

UT requires a class from a UT approved instructor (I am one, but so are many many others).  I describe the class as sort of NRA Basic Pistol-Lite.  Utah is class only...no range time needed.

Another very popular one is New Hampshire...it is not as widely recognized, but only requires filling out a form and sending money...(assuming you have a MN Permit already).  I believe the fee is just $20.

UT application is $65.25; FL is $117.

Right now, FL takes 8-12 weeks for most applications to be processed.  UT is taking about 4-5 months; NH about 5-10 days.

And, now that MN has added a few more States, it too is a much better bang for the buck in coverage.

For the non law enforcement community, there is no true permit that is a "multi-state permit".  What you get are permits from other States like UT, FL, NH etc that have broader coverage.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the New Hampshire one.  All you need to do is fill out a short form, make a photocopy of your MN permit, include $20, and send it in.  They were faster with their permit than MN.

As far as allowing you to carry in more places, I don't know.  All I wanted was something that would let me carry in ND.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have the New Hampshire one.  All you need to do is fill out a short form, make a photocopy of your MN permit, include $20, and send it in.  They were faster with their permit than MN.

As far as allowing you to carry in more places, I don't know.  All I wanted was something that would let me carry in ND.
Yup...NH is the easiest and least costly way to pick up ND.  A hands down winner!

One kind of neat thing today about the Utah permit is that it is just one of 8 that NV has opted to honor.  Those Las Vegas nights are beckoning again.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup...NH is the easiest and least costly way to pick up ND.  A hands down winner!

One kind of neat thing today about the Utah permit is that it is just one of 8 that NV has opted to honor.  Those Las Vegas nights are beckoning again.....

Phorvick - How long is the UT permit valid for?  

also PM sent.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just so I understand (yes I know it's politics and shouldn't make sense), but all you need to get your NH permit is a MN permit and $$ and that let's you carry in ND?  Any reason that MN permit isn't directly accepted?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just so I understand (yes I know it's politics and shouldn't make sense), but all you need to get your NH permit is a MN permit and $$ and that let's you carry in ND?  Any reason that MN permit isn't directly accepted?
Petty politics is the best answer.

ND will honor other States IF that State honors ND.  MN honors States that are deemed to have substantially similar issuing requirements.  The MN authorities have determined that ND does not qualify; therefore, ND won't play the game either.  Yet, they both honor Utah.  Politics at its best.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Phorvick - How long is the UT permit valid for?  

also PM sent.

It (the UT Permit) is valid for 5 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top