Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 7:18:05 AM EDT
It is will great pride that I report that I will be moving to Houston. I'm coming from the battefront of Chicago, so it's a habit that I ask about the gun laws of Houston, and the Houston metro area.

Can I bring all my guns with me if I move to downtown Houston?

Is it true that I can drink beer in the passenger seat?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It is will great pride that I report that I will be moving to Houston. I'm coming from the battefront of Chicago, so it's a habit that I ask about the gun laws of Houston, and the Houston metro area.

Can I bring all my guns with me if I move to downtown Houston? yes

Is it true that I can drink beer in the passenger seat? NO!

www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=TX
in 6 months you can apply for chl.
chl laws
www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/txchlaws.htm

welcome to Texas and hope you like it hot and humid! houston can be a steam cooker.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

chl laws

welcome to Texas and hope you like it hot and humid! houston can be a steam cooker.

All your guns are welcome.  No open containers in passenger vehicles.  

There is no residency requirement anymore for a CHL.  You simply need a Texas DPS ID card or DL, and take a CHL class in Texas.

Y
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

chl laws

There is no residency requirement anymore for a CHL.  You simply need a Texas DPS ID card or DL, and take a CHL class in Texas.

Y

The idea of bringing my ARs into a high rise blows my mind.

Only 6 months for CHL? This is a dream.

What are my chances of getting an SBR in Houston?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#4]
AR in a high rise ? Whats the big deal ? this is TEXAS not the Peoples Republic of ( insert Commie State here ) ! ! !

Welcome and enjoy being a free man ! ! !

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone who likes Captain Dale Dye has got to be good people!  

Howdy!  Welcome to TEXAS!  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

chl laws

Y

The idea of bringing my ARs into a high rise blows my mind.

Only 6 months for CHL? This is a dream.

What are my chances of getting an SBR in Houston?

You don't have to wait.  Hell, you can get the CHL before you move here.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I also moved from Chicago to Houston many years ago.  Another great thing you will find is that in Texas there is no state income tax, unlike back up in Illinois.  Goodbye Windy City, hello Bayou City!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to live in Rockford myself. Course I wasn't into guns back then... youthful ignorance. Why wouldn't you be allowed to bring an AR into a high-rise? SBR isn't too dificult either.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:44:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Why stop with just a SBR? with all the state income tax savings get yourself a MG!

BTW you'll have to start a corp for any NFA toys if you live in Harris Co. Talk to SC-Texas about helping you set one up (All my MGs are on a corp in Harris co.) Texas Corps are cheap and easy to mantain.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#10]
No state income tax but  messed up property taxes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why stop with just a SBR? with all the state income tax savings get yourself a MG!

BTW you'll have to start a corp for any NFA toys if you live in Harris Co. Talk to SC-Texas about helping you set one up (All my MGs are on a corp in Harris co.) Texas Corps are cheap and easy to mantain.

Thanks to everyone for the links and info. This is like gun law heaven!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top