Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2004 3:55:40 AM EDT
I'm finally taking the plunge and am in the process of securing a new job in NH.  I'm going to commute for a few months before moving and I'm trying to quickly come up to speed on all the firearms laws.  I'm using Packing.Org and some of the state sites within Packing.org as sources of information.  

As far as I can tell, NH laws will be a breeze compared to MA laws.  However since the issuing authority for a license to carry is the mayor, selectman or chief are there any towns I should avoid moving to?  For class 3 weapons, are there any towns I should avoid or where it is tougher to get approval?

In MA it gets easier to get local approval the farther West you go.  I'm assuming the farther North you go the easier in NH, but I'm not sure.  Any advice or guidance you could provide is appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Call GO-NH and ask them for the info that you need, based on the area you are looking to move into. That's similar to what I advise folks in MA (contact GOAL).

www.gonh.org/ should get you to the contact info.

Yes, I understand (second hand) that some communities are not as forthcoming and firearms friendly as others. But any of them will probably be better than almost anywhere in MA!

Good luck and I'm envious of any/all escapees to a "free state".

Link Posted: 7/27/2004 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
For a pistol/revolver license it shouldnt matter, as NH is a "Shall Issue" state, so long as you are otherwise qualified to own firearms. As far as class III, I would try to talk to a few dealers in NH, most of them should know which towns are Class III friendly.
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!   I was a Mass resident 36 years, till last year I finally had enough, and went through the
rigamarole to move.  Glad I did, and you will be too.

Someone else here can chime in on the Class 3 stuff.

As far as concealed carry, I live within a couple miles of the Mass border, about as far South as you
can get in NH.  I filled out the form for my pistol permit on a Friday afternoon, and they put the
permit in the mail Monday morning.  

IMO, some big city areas are starting to get a bit more Mass like, Nashua and Salem come to
mind.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's a couple of dealers you might contact for class III info

www.triplebreakproducts.com/index.html

Manchester Firing Line

www.gunsnh.com
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Most places in NH will get you a CCW without a problem.

The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition www.nhfc-ontarget.org/ is willing to "out" any CLEO who wil not sign.  If you move into Hilsborough and we get "Hardy" as district Attourny, he has said he will sign for any title 2 goodies...

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 4:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Live Free or Die
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#9]
You are going to love it! I moved from RI to NH and it was like another world. (Sadly I moved out a few years ago....)
Your C3 dealer wil know who to get to sign (I've never heard of anyone with a clean record having a problem).
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#10]
congrats

And a pistol permit is just ten bucks
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Just remember how we vote up here, mmkay?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top