Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 5:48:26 PM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=280102&page=1�

Is there help to turn this situation around?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
link does not work -- deleted?  What is this about?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=280102&page=1�

Is there help to turn this situation around?

try it now
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks AeroE & Gunzilla,
                     Before I switched to hometown, and saw your link, I was just telling Jennie (my wife)  how cool it was to find such a large group of people ( Arfcom, especially the MO posse) who for the most part have the same set of solid conservative values and an overwheming willingness to help each other out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]
NASCAR3N8FAN -- I can't help ya, but I'll keep ya in my prayers if you'd like.

FWIW, I COMPLETELY agree with what you did.

A dog does not understand 'escalation'
A man's home is his castle.  His land, well...damnit, that's his too.  He shouldn't have to go hide in the castle when confronted by an attacking beast.

And FWIW, I've emailed my state reps complaining about the requirement that before injuring an animal, the animal has to be injuring you or someone else.  That's just a stupid law.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Protecting your children and wife are the most important.  Period.

I grew up in Minneapolis and we had aggressive dogs running the alleys all the time.  I was attacked only once, as a child, but it did not make me a dog hater.  I do not care for aggressive dogs, so I show very little remorse for that dog.  For me, the safety of a family member will out weigh a dog……..and anything else.  

Your process was a little off, but you have to protect your family and yourself.

(Off because you need to crank up the poundage on that bow )

Get a lawyer and fight it the best you can.  Remember protecting you family is worth it.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
nascar, check your IM.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:32:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear that dude...

From my perspective you did the right thing...

And I agree with you, waiting for your kids to get mauled, before acting would be like waiting for Osama to attack us first...
Suppose the Sheriff & City Councel want you to pass some Global Test first...

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:56:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Glen,

Good to see you're still out there buddy.

Hope Montana is treating you well.

Justin
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been around Labs most of my adult life, and agressive Labs are becoming more and more prevelant.  From discussions with my vet, it seems that some kennel owners are not being selective in which animals that they breed, and agressive traits are being passed on.  When we went to pick out our current Lab two years ago, there was one dog there that the breeder had recently acquired that showed some agression to me and my family. The breeder was very disappointed with this particular dog, and had no plans to breed it.  Unfortunately we can no longer assure that a Lab that we do not know, is going to be the tail-wagging, face cleaner that we expect.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#10]
So, I read a hint from the last post that you might try to find a breeder to provide expert witness that aggressive Labs are common.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top