Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

M193 does not have the steel tip
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Steel?  What?  No dummy GREEN tip not steel.  Damn get with the panic buying already.

Also action sports USA sold out of PMX tac already?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ya i know, but everything is gone locally . beards bought it all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't been to Cabelas in a month or so - but surely they have some xm193 still in stock . . no?

They've had the largest pile of PMC Bronze for over a year now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I haven't been to Cabelas in a month or so - but surely they have some xm193 still in stock . . no?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was all gone last week thanks to the wording of a fox news article. all 5.56 ammo being banned not just green tip
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought General Dynamics only built submarines. Had no idea they manufactured ammo.

ETA: Apparently they build a whole bunch of military equipment:

General Dynamics Website
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, one mis-informed story and BAM all the ammo is gone.

I have been slowly building my stockpile. The idea is to survive a major drought. I was buying some ammo each week in the calibers I shoot. Secondary purpose is for SHTF.

I never used to store much ammo. Just bought it as I needed it. The last drought was so bad it has me buying and stockpiling ammo, and reloading components. I even have bought spare parts for my ARs just in case.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have been slowly building my stockpile. The idea is to survive a major drought. I was buying some ammo each week in the calibers I shoot. Secondary purpose is for SHTF.

I never used to store much ammo. Just bought it as I needed it. The last drought was so bad it has me buying and stockpiling ammo, and reloading components. I even have bought spare parts for my ARs just in case.

View Quote

when the crazy panic happened after s.h. i bought nothing but hunting ammo. everything i hoarded was shit i needed to go hunting . figured if it got real bad at least i can still go hunting and whatnot. i bought shtf ammo after that. i think i had about 2k of .223/5.56 so i didnt go to great ends to buy the shit. if i found it and it was too expensive i picked it up.

honestly , the AR's probably get shot the least out of my collection. they are fun but ive been a paper puncher way before i owned an ar. and yes i do punch holes with them, just not as often as other rifles like bolt guns
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

when the crazy panic happened after s.h. i bought nothing but hunting ammo. everything i hoarded was shit i needed to go hunting . figured if it got real bad at least i can still go hunting and whatnot. i bought shtf ammo after that. i think i had about 2k of .223/5.56 so i didnt go to great ends to buy the shit. if i found it and it was too expensive i picked it up.

honestly , the AR's probably get shot the least out of my collection. they are fun but ive been a paper puncher way before i owned an ar. and yes i do punch holes with them, just not as often as other rifles like bolt guns
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't hunt so my ammo is for paper punching and gong ringing. The wife will occasionally come to shoot her carry piece. Otherwise she has no interest beyond self-defense.

My son and I shoot ARs the most. We usually shoot 2-300 rounds per range trip of 5.56. We also will bring one or two of our mil-surp guns to shoot. We shoot maybe 50 rounds out of the other guns. We like long guns the most and only shoot handguns to stay in practice. A box of 50 at the pistol range and we are bored.

My plan is to store enough ammo to last 2-3 years of regular shooting. Since I reload 5.56 my plan is to have a few thousand rounds of factory ammo that does not get touched and 3 years worth of components.

We are currently in the process of buying parts to assemble our AR10 lowers into guns.

It is only neckbearding if you plan to sell the ammo for a profit, right? If so, then I am not a neckbeard. Just ordered some steel tip 5.56 from Midway to round out my stockpile. I don't really like the stuff for plinking but it is good for SHTF and trading fodder down the road.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I love that purvi ammo. I shoot in my track suit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm buying ALL the green paint so I can sell it for $1,000 a gallon in a couple of years.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, neither did I. I bought a 1200 round pack of IMI M855 just as the flood of neckbeards started showing up.  I actually swapped out my AR to .300 BLK so I will probably never use it.

Instead, this is going be part of my retirement account.  Already I'm seeing many of the toys I picked appreciating in value- the boxes of .357 Black Talons I bought way back when sold off for FIFTY BUCKS EACH.  The PSL that I bought for $600 is now going for $1200 on Gunbroker.  My WWII Japanese sword I bought for $300 is now worth $600-$1000.  Now that the prohibitionists are targeting "military grade" imports in general and M855 specifically, I can see IMI M855 going for $40 per box someday.

Hey, don't blame me for stockpiling- blame to douchebags who are actively turning the dollar bill into toilet paper.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I love that purvi ammo. I shoot in my track suit.
View Quote

Hahahaha.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#15]
On monday, Cabelas only had MFS 223.  The employees were also telling people the ban was for all but hunting 223 rounds.

The best place to buy ammo lately is Dicks.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
On monday, Cabelas only had MFS 223.  The employees were also telling people the ban was for all but hunting 223 rounds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

this is why i hate cabelas . most of their employees probably cant even spell cabelas, yet they are advising on ammo bans that haven't even been put into place yet
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Dick's has Fed xm193 on strippers 90 packs for $29.98
.353 cpr after taxes  .........Edit .354 cpr
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dick's has Fed xm193 on strippers 90 packs for $29.98
.353 cpr after taxes  .........Edit .354 cpr
View Quote

What dicks!?!?!?   ERRRRRR MYYYY GERRRRRD!!!

Really though, I may grab some just incase.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Dicks has 150 round boxes of XM855 $74.99 all you want. Oops limit 2 per visit
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stop telling everybody.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought ZQI at Walmart yesterday. They are still getting M855 in.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was $49.99 two weeks ago. 2 limit.  I brought friends with ammo cards that don't own AR's
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Was $49.99 two weeks ago. 2 limit.  I brought friends with ammo cards that don't own AR's
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At my local store they are displayed behind the counter - I happened to find the kid behind the counter who doesn't have a clue. The sign was on the counter, right between me and the kid. I presume it doesn't say anything on the back side (his side).

Guy in front of me rang the bell, kid comes moseying up a minute or two later. Guy says, "2 of those green boxes, please". Kid says sure (ID etc) and grabs em and hands them to the older guy. He leaves, I step up to the sign that says two per customer.

I jokingly said, "Let me get 3 of those."
Kid says, "Sure" and starts to pick them up
I'm like, "Reallyaherrummm, I mean 8. Let me get 8, please." Trying not to laugh but obviously giddy.
He laughs a bit and says, "Heh, thats a weird number to get mixed up."

hahahahahahahahahahaha

He just handed em right over. I walked through the whole store balancing 8 of those crappy boxes with the biggest shit-eating grin on my face. Got to the registers and picked the most clueless looking cashier just in case.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#24]
My Walmart still has the 150 Rd boxes, just saw it on the way home today
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#25]
On my way back to my truck, I bumped shoulders with these guys as I was walking out the doors. My giant shopping bag hit one of their knees, and the ammo all shook a bit and made that distinct sound.

They stopped and turned immediately, first they looked down at the bag, and then up at me with disgust. They knew what just happened, they had been - perhaps for the first time in their life - out neckbearded.

They hissed at me and hurriedly scampered back to their taxi. Yep, you guess it - NY license plate.

I took a long route home, through the back country, to be sure I wasn't followed.

Long Live TSX, I uttered under my breath, as I pulled into my driveway. . .
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Love it when that happens!!!!
Except my $49.99 price was with a coupon limit 2 and I imagine the machine would flag me if bought more.
Hence why I brought some hunter friends.
Worked out cause we had a beer afterwards and reminisced hunting stories
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Except my $49.99 price was with a coupon limit 2 and I imagine the machine would flag me if bought more.
View Quote

Nope, there system doesn't flag anything. I picked up 8 cases (32 boxes) in one shot. It all depends on what sales person you get. I was nervous the computer would only discount 2 boxes but it discounted them all to $49.98. They even take coupons that shouldn't be used on ammo.

This week I bought a few cases (450rds) of xm193 for $148 OTD. The best part is I keep using a $10 off coupon plus a coupon for 300 bonus score card points. The coupon works every time and doesn't expire till the end of March.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:18:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nope, there system doesn't flag anything. I picked up 8 cases (32 boxes) in one shot. It all depends on what sales person you get. I was nervous the computer would only discount 2 boxes but it discounted them all to $49.98. They even take coupons that shouldn't be used on ammo.

This week I bought a few cases (450rds) of xm193 for $148 OTD. The best part is I keep using a $10 off coupon plus a coupon for 300 bonus score card points. The coupon works every time and doesn't expire till the end of March.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you guys getting the coupons?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Why are you hoarding 193?  855 and ss109 are being banned...just wondering. Been out of this loop all week due to 3rd shift
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why are you hoarding 193?  855 and ss109 are being banned...just wondering. Been out of this loop all week due to 3rd shift
View Quote

because its getting bought up by the hoarders, so in turn we need to hoard
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#31]
My Walmart app says cci 22 at Manchester.  Grab your kids and wives from bed and go!

But really it does, and but really again, why.. Feel like I'm being kept out of something here...
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My Walmart app says cci 22 at Manchester.  Grab your kids and wives from bed and go!

But really it does, and but really again, why.. Feel like I'm being kept out of something here...
View Quote

Im about to go snowshoeing into the woods to shoot some 22. Maybe Ill stop in.

Really, people are just that dumb. Its like that telephone game when you were a kid - "855 is being banned" has been rumored in to - "that ammunition for those icky rifles is being banned".
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#33]
It has to do with how the news is reporting it. My father is not a black gun guy. He asked me the other day "is Obama trying to ban all 5.56mm or just one kind". He said the news had conflicting and vague stories.

I am not a club kind of guy. I never belong to any clubs or organizations. The Obama administration caused me to join the NRA and donate a bunch of money to them. I also joined the CDDL and donated and I gave money to CT Carry. In addition I have campaigned for and donated to the Republican party. All because the asshole Obama got in office. He has really divided this country.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  
I was just posting to share a decent local price on plinking ammo. M855 prices are a little crazy right now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A friend texted it to me and i used the picture on my phone for the scan.
Their website should have coupons, or can be found on some coupon websites.
Other coupons are mailed when you have a buyers club or whatever they call their system. Dicks rewards card maybe?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!! Good to know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top