Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2008 6:40:34 AM EDT
Okay I know this is a new thread but I wanted to start a new one because the other one is not going in the direction I wanted it to go.

Okay I would like to ask to make sure they are not blowing up smoke on me but here are the peopel I contacted about doing a ARF or shooting enthusiast cleanup on Memaloose.

Clackamas River Ranger District
595 NW Industrial Way
Estacada, OR 97023
503 630 6861

Okay I contacted that number and the gentleman there told me to call another number  at 503 668 1700. The person at that number is a liaison of some sort and they can help us out on the details on what they can do.

All I know is that the person I talked to said they can provide bags and materials.

Could I ask that others also call in and get more direct information. The conversation was kinda disconcerting and I don't think she believed me that I can get a group of 20-30 shooting enthusiast to assist in the cleanup of Memaloose.

WE CAN DO IT GUYS. Come on...it can be a BBQ, a simple stupid silly short 2-4 hours cleanup.
The girls or what not can make BBQ or something .We can burn the wood and some stuff.

But I do know they can haul the trash from the talk I had.

And the best part, is that afterwards.. we can go bust some caps.

I don't know if I want to be the one to run this but it can be kinda fun...hell maybe a camp bon fire like snake says.

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If its on a weekend. I am in. Hate to lose a shooting area because of some pigs Same thing in Ca. When I lived there. The state used that as a reason to close all the unsupervised shooting areas.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Okay I know this is a new thread but I wanted to start a new one because the other one is not going in the direction I wanted it to go.

Okay I would like to ask to make sure they are not blowing up smoke on me but here are the peopel I contacted about doing a ARF or shooting enthusiast cleanup on Memaloose.

Clackamas River Ranger District
595 NW Industrial Way
Estacada, OR 97023
503 630 6861

Okay I contacted that number and the gentleman there told me to call another number  at 503 668 1700. The person at that number is a liaison of some sort and they can help us out on the details on what they can do.

All I know is that the person I talked to said they can provide bags and materials.

Could I ask that others also call in and get more direct information. The conversation was kinda disconcerting and I don't think she believed me that I can get a group of 20-30 shooting enthusiast to assist in the cleanup of Memaloose.

WE CAN DO IT GUYS. Come on...it can be a BBQ, a simple stupid silly short 2-4 hours cleanup.
The girls or what not can make BBQ or something .We can burn the wood and some stuff.

But I do know they can haul the trash from the talk I had.

And the best part, is that afterwards.. we can go bust some caps.

I don't know if I want to be the one to run this but it can be kinda fun...hell maybe a camp bon fire like snake says.

WAY TO BE A LEADER!!!  

just call them back and get more info chief, big boss kahuna, nice of you to step up and lead this one.  let us know more details and info when you get it.  

Im down for this when the snow is gone.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My son was just there and wants to do his BSA Eagle project cleaning up an area or 2 there. He will submit his project for approval Sunday. If it gets approved he would like to organise the clean up effort, I will repost this Sunday after his project is approved

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I ran a cleanup at Memaloose a couple years ago.  I talked to the rangers, but they never returned my calls about the bags.  We just loaded a trailer full of crap at the range, and chipped in for disposal.

Hey, daddyjim, welcome to the board! Now that your son has seen everything the Boy Scouts offer, after he gets his Eagle, maybe he wants something a bit more challenging and rewarding.  www.sss601.org
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I gave that second number a call (503-668-1700), and was redirected to another Chief Ranger named Malcolm something.  I left him a message since he was out, so no go on more information.  I am down for a cleanup, BBQ, and shootout any weekend though.  And I'm always down for helping out a fellow scout on his Eagle project.  Just keep this thread updated.

Man, maybe I should fork up the big bucks to join TCGC.  It would be nice to go shooting somewhere closer...
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My son was just there and wants to do his BSA Eagle project cleaning up an area or 2 there. He will submit his project for approval Sunday. If it gets approved he would like to organise the clean up effort, I will repost this Sunday after his project is approved

clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Boy_Scout_Ranks/Eagle_Scout/eagle_badge_clip_color.gif

I remember that one, and the Browns camp one too.  If it is on a sunday, after the snow is gone I can help.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm down with a cleanup as long as it doesn't conflict with my daughters softball game.

Quoted:

Man, maybe I should fork up the big bucks to join TCGC.  It would be nice to go shooting somewhere closer...

After initiation, it's 10 bucks a month.  You'll spend that driving to/from your shooting spot in the hills.

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't do it this weekend or next, but will be able to the following coupla weekends.  I'll bring a box of contractor bags if the ranger won't supply them.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Boy_Scout_Ranks/Eagle_Scout/eagle_badge_clip_color.gif

I think this is a really great idea.

If this kid steps up and leads the cleanup,  we can all vote on a weekend and he can get the credit for cleanup and he should get some leadership / organization credit.  If it is a weekend I can attend,  I will be there.  Hell I will even cook breakfast for the campers.

BIGFOOT
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'ld love to take part, llooking forward to seeing a date, I think it would be great as an eagle project with ARF support.  my vote is for a Saturday morning though, got church on Sundays...

Landcruiser
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 2:32:39 AM EDT
[#12]
i'm in for sure (if it's on a Sunday).... but the next three weekends upcoming are outski for me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd also be in as long as it's a Saturday & no snow.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a truck and 6x16 dual axle trailer, with 4' removable sides, with enough notice and people to help off load, I would be happy to be involved with this clean up.

Having experianced being a volunteer  for years in both the PTA (Gilbert Hieghts) and Boy Scouts (troop 108) you may consider making this a two today affair so people can work it around their normal lives.

Just a thought that has worked for me over the years, to get more people invloved.

When a date is set, a posting could be but at a couple other firearm forum sites to get even more people.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree.   If it was a whole weekend thing,  we could have a nice shoot and clean up both days.  Then leave the pit much cleaner than we found it.

We might also consider a small crew going down to the next spot and cleaning it also on one day.  This is a long way from Eugene, but I know I can bring a couple of folks ( maybe just the wife ) up with me and do a Fir night Sat thing.  Sunday early leave to get home though.

BIGFOOT
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I tried to stop by there last night around dusk after I got done dropping of some stuff in Welches for work, and found about 20 asian kids up there "poppin of some caps" along the lower pit, all with no hearing protection, loaded barrels pointing every where, shooting up into the air, ect.

I promptly moved on higher up the mountain, fired a quick few mags through the new G 21C, enjoyed the impressive flash through the compensating ports, picked up my brass, removed my target, and left. Fortunatley they had all moved on by the time I cam back down the hill.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#18]
hey every one this is daddyjims son i have got the project confirmed. i am meeting with the rangers in about a week for details on when and exactly where they would like me to clean however if i have enough help i will get as much cleaned as we can. thank you for anyone that is interested. i will post again as soon as i have more information
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#19]
hey every one this is daddyjims son i have got the project confirmed. i am meeting with the rangers in about a week for details on when and exactly where they would like me to clean however if i have enough help i will get as much cleaned as we can. thank you for anyone that is interested. i will post again as soon as i have more information
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll attend the cleanup if I can.  I should eb able to use the trailer to haul crap out.

I will be cleaning and attempting to turn Boy Scouts into Sea Scouts.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I will be there. I started the first thread about this a little over a week ago after shooting up there with one of my boys and being questioned by a FS LEO. I can bring a small trailer if necessary . For what it is worth, I think it is important to clean up some of the smaller areas on the way up to the pit. The trash really sticks out like a sore thumb in these areas and I think cleaning them up would go a long way toward making the whole area look better.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#22]
this is daddy jims son and im doing my eagle project up at melamuse if anyone is interested in helping it will be saturday may 10th we will have food and tools so if your interested in helping i would love the help and we would all love the area to be cleaned up ill start around 10am and we will work till its finished volenteers are my only help so the more help i get the more will be cleaned you cna contact me here if you need more details or anything thank you
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Kudos PRDUBI
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
this is daddy jims son and im doing my eagle project up at melamuse if anyone is interested in helping it will be saturday may 10th we will have food and tools so if your interested in helping i would love the help and we would all love the area to be cleaned up ill start around 10am and we will work till its finished volenteers are my only help so the more help i get the more will be cleaned you cna contact me here if you need more details or anything thank you
Consider me there, I'll bring a box of contractor bags and hopefully a friend or two to help as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Unfortunatly May 10 is also PR. Maybe folks will ops to shoot sunday and come out and clean on sat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#26]
tentatively in. (and I guess I own page 2! )
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Can't make it. May 10th I'll be doing first-aid training with the Sea Scouts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top