Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 6:21:13 PM EDT
I may be moving to NC. It's not guaranteed at the moment but the chances look good.

What's the low-down on firearms/misc laws in NC. I'm not quite(but close) to 21. Am I eligable to get a pistol permit to buy(nra-ila.org says 18 is minimum age for "handguns"). Whether I can or not how much does it cost/ how much of a pain is it to get one?

How black rifle freindly is NC? Can I have all of the "evil" features?

How expensive/how much of a pain is it to get a CCW(I know min. age is 21)?

Keep in mind I'm moving from liberal shithole New York.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some nice links just up top... Check those out and they should answer your questions.  Hope the move goes good (if it goes through).  :)

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:12:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I may be moving to NC. It's not guaranteed at the moment but the chances look good.

What's the low-down on firearms/misc laws in NC. I'm not quite(but close) to 21. Am I eligable to get a pistol permit to buy(nra-ila.org says 18 is minimum age for "handguns"). Whether I can or not how much does it cost/ how much of a pain is it to get one?

How black rifle freindly is NC? Can I have all of the "evil" features?

How expensive/how much of a pain is it to get a CCW(I know min. age is 21)?

Keep in mind I'm moving from liberal shithole New York.

Im not usually keen on a yankee move'n south, but since your a black rifle guy I'll let it slide.

Anywho, I believe you can find most of your answers at the following links;

NC Gun Laws PDF
Everything you wanted to know about CC

And you can have all the "evil" features on your AR.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the NY "Yankee" entry fee.

Last time I checked it was around 1000rnds of .223 55 grain Federal per NC arfcom posters within a 50mile radius of your first address.

Some locations tack on a 2 x 30rnd Mag "tax" as well. Bastards!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't forget the NY "Yankee" entry fee.

Last time I checked it was around 1000rnds of .223 55 grain Federal per NC arfcom posters within a 50mile radius of your first address.

Some locations tack on a 2 x 30rnd Mag "tax" as well. Bastards!

Sorry, 60 grain is as low as I go. And I prefer to buy Black Hills. And I'll let you have some 9 rounders or 5 rounders
By the way, what's the magazine capacity limit when hunting small game?

The links are great and everything but I want to hear your personal experience. It says $5 for a pistol permit and you must be 18, but I know that there's a huge difference for example, between NYS law and what NYS enforces(By law $10 is the maximum fee for pistol permit but in practice it's $200. Big difference.).

I wanna know how quick you usually get the permits if you can get one between the ages of 18 and 21 in practice and the usual price/hassle in practice. But your state government probasbly isn't nearly as corrupt/puts its citizens through as much BS CONSTANTLY. Taxes and cost of living is insane up here. Plus we have those cruel winters.

You guys proably don't even have to shovel a foot or so of snow everyday during the winter. How's the frost/freezing during your winters? Can I ride my motorcycle most months of the winter?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top