Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 10:00:18 AM EDT
We will bemoving to FL in a couple of months, once we get thru this real estate thing here in NJ and more specifically, Marion County.

I understand the local Sheriff is "the man" in FL.

Has anyone here had any dealings with Sheriff Dean in the area of obtaining a resident carry permit?
Anyone know his stand on Second Amendment issues and class III items?

I can't seem to find the required time period to be considered a resident in FL. Could anyone tell me? I think I was told at one time, 90 days. ???

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You won't deal with the local sheriff to obtain your concealed carry permit. You will apply to the state. For class III, you need a letter from the chief LEO of the county. Go to packing.org for the CCW requirements in the state of Florida.
Transplant from Jersey-Hunterdon Co.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.

I was under the impression that I would be going to the local SO to have my prints taken to submit with the application. My buddy that lives there did that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Sheriff's office is in the Sheriff Annex 692 NW 30th Ave • Ocala, FL 34475 • (352) 732-9111.
Plenty of parking.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
JMC-You're right about the fingerprints but the completed application goes to-get this- Charles Bronsen at the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Order your CCW application package HERE

It will include the fingerprint cards.  Sheriff has to do it.  Actually any LEO can do it, but it must be done by a LEO agency.

As for class 3 - read the following...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=220167

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=228481
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:10:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all for the info.

I just received my CCW application package in the mail.

My buddy that lives in Marion County tells me that the SD there isn't set up to do the electronic scan for prints so the hard copy will have to be done, no problem.

I have a recent qualification sheet (04/04/06) from here in NJ for my retired LEO carry permit. From what I read, that should be good for FL as far as a recent qual. It exceeds the current standard for FL active LE quals.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Your retired card will work.  Where are you moving to in Marion.  There is really not many places to shot there.  There is the forrest road 88 range, extremly scarry.  Nice are unfortunetly too many are moving here and my wife and I can't afford to buy a house cause every one is moving there.

Dan
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Dean is cool. He is cool with SBR and silencers too. Buddy has gotten him to sign off on a few. You can also joint the ocala sportsmans club to get some better range time than the forest.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:32:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dean is cool. He is cool with SBR and silencers too. Buddy has gotten him to sign off on a few. You can also joint the ocala sportsmans club to get some better range time than the forest.

That's the type of answer that I was looking for.

I have a Walther P99 Euro model in 9mmx19 complete with the Walther SD barrel. I would like to have a suppressor for it just to have a "complete package", not fire that much. It's next to impossible to do here in NJ.

Ocala Sportsman's Club. Thanks for the info. I presume that it is the same as the Ocala Sportsman's Association?

I see by their web site that they do not offer a CF rifle range but it does give me a place to shoot my handguns.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the type of answer that I was looking for.

I have a Walther P99 Euro model in 9mmx19 complete with the Walther SD barrel. I would like to have a suppressor for it just to have a "complete package", not fire that much. It's next to impossible to do here in NJ.

Ocala Sportsman's Club. Thanks for the info. I presume that it is the same as the Ocala Sportsman's Association?

I see by their web site that they do not offer a CF rifle range but it does give me a place to shoot my handguns.

Thanks again.

I guess it is the same one. i know one of the guys on m1911 forums said they shoot the 10/22s all the time there. we had a blast with my buddies walther 22 with a laser and silencer. tons of fun on new years, that his ARs my saiga 410, JC higgens 12 gauge and my RIA 45.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top