BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
why wouldnt they?

already have to wear a seat belt in most states and I think thats the same BS

I have a bike and I always wear a helmet but still dont need big brother telling me what to do
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I fully support repeal of all seat-belt and helmet laws, for adults. They are getting in the way of natural selection taking it's proper course.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I fully support repeal of all seat-belt and helmet laws, for adults. They are getting in the way of natural selection taking it's proper course.

It's not as much that as it is them telling us what we have to do in a vehicle that is privately owned and a highway that taxes from various sources pay for. I want them to tell me what part of that highway/roadway I don't own. I claim the part that my vehicles footprint takes up at that particular moment in time. I figure after all the years I have been paying taxes I own at least that much.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe the government should make helmets mandatory for every person using a roadway regardless of the vehicle that they are using. Just think of the lives that would be saved!

Yes I am joking. The government needs to stay out of the lives of it's citizens. We are not subjects, yet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree 100%. They have been trying to push this on Iowa for years. They even used the "you will lose federal funds if it is not enacted" crap..
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#6]
If I have to wear a seat belt.... y'all should have to wear a helmet....

Just my .02
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#7]
The primary reason that those laws are enacted is if someone does get injured or killed without wearing belt/helmet they suddenly have the potential to become a HUGE tax burden on the public in medical and legal fee's.

It all stems from American's feelings of "It is not my fault, you should pay, you did not tell me not to" and every one's favorite 'MY BABY DIDNT DO NUFFIN".

While as always the city and state see a HUGE boost to their pocketbooks, sadly the real reason they are there is to protect the city's and states from lawsuits and medical bills that would fall upon them.

I don't agree with the laws as I am a FIRM believer in natural selection and the Darwin award.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The primary reason that those laws are enacted is if someone does get injured or killed without wearing belt/helmet they suddenly have the potential to become a HUGE tax burden on the public in medical and legal fee's.

It all stems from American's feelings of "It is not my fault, you should pay, you did not tell me not to" and every one's favorite 'MY BABY DIDNT DO NUFFIN".

While as always the city and state see a HUGE boost to their pocketbooks, sadly the real reason they are there is to protect the city's and states from lawsuits and medical bills that would fall upon them.

I don't agree with the laws as I am a FIRM believer in natural selection and the Darwin award.

It won't matter either way if ObamaCare goes into full effect. We will be our brothers keeper no matter who, where, why or for how long.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:31:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't care if they make it mandatory or not.  You won't catch me writing a ticket for it.  Same goes with seat belts to.  I could care less if you die in a crash because you weren't wearing one.  Its the same report either way, there's just a few more boxes to check.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Seatbelts & Helmets for Adults  - NO,  but for Kids -yes (they cant make choices like that)   My .02
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Seatbelts & Helmets for Adults  - NO,  but for Kids -yes (they cant make choices like that)   My .02

This is a better solution to my original post.....in conceed victory
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top