Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 2:43:20 PM EDT
Just had to show off that my profile now says West Virginia, instead of Maryland(Peoples Republic of). My neighbors came over to visit as we moved in. Their first question after I told them my name was, " So how do you guys feel about firearms?"
  A single tear rolled down my cheek.  EVERYONE in this neck of the woods owns an AR. I was told that every now and then we all get together, buy a bunch of ammo, get in a line , and " Give em hell with our AR's."  They then told me about all the different kinds of AR's everyone has.

There is no greater place to be,
Than home in West Virginny.

Thank you. This has been a long time in the making.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just had to show off that my profile now says West Virginia, instead of Maryland(Peoples Republic of). My neighbors came over to visit as we moved in. Their first question after I told them my name was, " So how do you guys feel about firearms?"

heh  The wrong answer to that question means a knock on the door later and a small, flaming paper bag on your doorstep later.  

Sounds like a great neighborhood!  Whereabouts is it?  I need a nice place like this to move to when I can afford some land.  Lots of land.  Line em up and give em hell with the AR land.

Congratulations, and "welcome home!"
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:25:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

heh  The wrong answer to that question means a knock on the door later and a small, flaming paper bag on your doorstep later.  

Sounds like a great neighborhood!  Whereabouts is it?  I need a nice place like this to move to when I can afford some land.  Lots of land.  Line em up and give em hell with the AR land.

Congratulations, and "welcome home!"

I'm just outside of Berkeley Springs.  Yeah, these are good people out here. The first night at our house, my wife and I came in two cars. It was dark out, and we turned a bunch of lights on in the house. My neighbor came over to check and make sure that the people in the house belonged there. He checked with a handgun!
Good place, good people.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm just outside of Berkeley Springs.  Yeah, these are good people out here. The first night at our house, my wife and I came in two cars. It was dark out, and we turned a bunch of lights on in the house. My neighbor came over to check and make sure that the people in the house belonged there. He checked with a handgun!
Good place, good people.

I love that area, absolutely beautiful!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool, Im just across the line in Winchester, Once you get settled in LMK and we'll head up to Sleepy Creek and drop a few...............Udog
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cool, Im just across the line in Winchester, Once you get settled in LMK and we'll head up to Sleepy Creek and drop a few...............Udog

Absolutely! The wife and I got up to Winchester a few days ago. So, I know the way. I'll IM ya.

Oh, my neighbor was a little upset tonight that my shotgun is in Iowa. He loaned me one of his and a box of shells. You know, for GP and safety purposes.  I love this place more every day.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I envy you. I can't wait to get out of the damn city.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok,

So when do we have the house warming party
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Man noone likes guns here. My neighbors get really scared when they see me carrying my ak out the door. I'm in the huntington area...I'm not familiar with berkely springs or whatever,

How far from charelston are you?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Man noone likes guns here. My neighbors get really scared when they see me carrying my ak out the door. I'm in the huntington area...I'm not familiar with berkely springs or whatever,

How far from charelston are you?

Sorry to hear that. I wish I knew the geography better around here. I'll get a map Monday. I can tell you then.

Ok,

So when do we have the house warming party

Hey that's a big issue up here on the ridge.  As soon as we get our house squared away I guess.  I'd love to have some ARFCOMers out to shoot. Today I heard a whole lot of gunfire from my neighbors place. I threw the AK and some ammo in the car, and headed over. We ended up shooting all day. There were about five or six of us. Just cutting loose off his deck. Shot some cool guns today.  I'll keep you guys posted.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Montani Semper Liberi

Congrats.

Now go get your CCW & Lifetime hunting license!!!!

I have been to every state in the union. Born in Main, Live in WA, have lived in TX, NJ  & OH. I have spent a lot of my life through the years in WVA, and there is no better or more free state in the union.

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd love to have some ARFCOMers out to shoot.

Welcome to the neighborhood!  If you ever get down to southern WV (Lewisburg), look me up.  I have several hundred acres that just begs for good ol' redneck fun!  i.e.  guns, 4-wheelin, beer, chainsaws, etc. etc.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats! I was considering a move to Charles Town for some time since it would roughly be the same commute for me. I decided to hold off, stay put, finish my degree, and move back to the real south.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'd love to have some ARFCOMers out to shoot.

Welcome to the neighborhood!  If you ever get down to southern WV (Lewisburg), look me up.  I have several hundred acres that just begs for good ol' redneck fun!  i.e.  guns, 4-wheelin, beer, chainsaws, etc. etc.  

Lewisburg or Ronceverte?

Greenbriar county is too damn city. All them city folks with their Wal-Mart.......  

By the way, "guns, 4-wheelin, beer, chainsaws, etc." sound like one helluva fun day!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top