Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2010 2:55:01 PM EDT
Anyone local have any additional information, appreciated, thanks.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/apr/17/man-charged-with-murder-in-tellico-village/

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There isn't much more than that being released.I was across the road and heard it happening.I am suprised something like this hasn't happened before.There are a lot of unstable people in Tellico Village.
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll try to get some tomorrow. I never seen any crazies in the village.
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 5:14:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Sad,

Grumpy Old Men
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't say crazy,I said unstable.
Link Posted: 5/10/2010 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Neither were actually from TN were they?
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Neither were actually from TN were they?

Both transplants. I noticed in the comments section of the online articles there is a lot of hostility toward people who live in the village.

The area used to be farmland until TVA built the damn and back-flooded the land in the 70's, I could understand resentment toward the TVA but why the anger toward retirees?

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Having worked in public safety for a long time prior to now, I can speak to this.

There is a LOT of animosity towards Tellico Villagers, Rarity Bay-ers, and the rest. It stems from a culture clash. A percentage of what are referred as half-backers (Snowbirds that went to Florida, said screw this, and moved halfway back to Jersey landing here) bring strong Northerner values and behavior with them, and it rubs the rednecks wrong.

Simple as that.

For instance, a group tried to get Kingston renamed a few years ago to the Villages of something something. That did NOT go over, nor have other attempts to get Southern culture adjusted to more Northern-like in nature.

Kind of, welcome to Tennessee, learn to be one of us instead of "we're here to rescue you from yourselves."

-Shawn
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:04:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There is a LOT of animosity towards Tellico Villagers, Rarity Bay-ers, and the rest. It stems from a culture clash. A percentage of what are referred as half-backers (Snowbirds that went to Florida, said screw this, and moved halfway back to Jersey landing here) bring strong Northerner values and behavior with them, and it rubs the rednecks wrong.

-Shawn

A lot of this too is they have driven up the price on land so much most people cant afford it. Property in the coker creek area use to go for near nothing, then people from florida started buying it up for vacation and retirement homes giving large sums of money for it. Plus a lot of people expect to have services etc like the place they left. Which leaves the locals footing more of the bill.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top