Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2011 5:59:27 AM EDT
I do not want to accept this notion of "Customer service is the thing of the past" but it's more common than not. I know there are a few good customer oriented business out there with the mindset of "the customer is always right" and those places will continue to have my business but I tell you who reallly is pissing me off with their level of service, Bullet Trap in Plano.

Funny thing was when I first started doing business with them they appeared to have a higher caliber of service, now I realize it's just who is helping you at the time and isn't a company goal that is enforced.

Long story short, I ordered a KelTec PF9 a few months back. When I originally placed the order the employee said the computer showed 1 in stock through their vendor.  Needless to say, that was false information.

When I called about a month later to check up on the order the conversation went like this,

"Hello, Bullet Trap"
"Yes, I was calling to check on a gun order I placed a while back."
"Have we called you to tell you it's in?"
"No, sir."
"Then it's not in."

That ended with me hanging the phone up as I was in a waiting room of a business and wasn't in a position to fly off the handle or even go down "that road." This is 1 incident out of a couple of others that has chapped my ass. Including me sending an email to management about the erratic level of service I'd been receiving. It's been almost a week and I haven't receiving a thank you, kiss my ass, or anything.

I'd like to think I'm pretty thick skinned and can handle most crap but regardless I'm a customer –– a member at that, who has purchased 3 firearms from this establishment within a 6 months time.

/soapbox

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You can "rant" about them or complain to their management all you want...THEY DO NOT CARE!  Might as well not get your blood pressure up...just take your business some place else!  They are just a bunch of ass clowns!
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 7:08:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm a customer –– a member at that, who has purchased 3 firearms from this establishment within a 6 months time.

Well theres your problem !

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
This spot reserved for the "they have to deal with bad customers, blah, blah"...

I agree, they're assholes.  Fortunately I didn't have to go there to find out...all it took was a phone call
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#4]
As stated before, the service is erratic. The initial times I went in I was treated well but I now know that's the exception and not the rule to that place.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a customer –– a member at that, who has purchased 3 firearms from this establishment within a 6 months time.

I don't really regret the purchases as BT does have some of the cheapest prices I've seen on the models I bought. But I do regret giving them my membership, now I've got to think how exactly I want to give it back to them. Maybe use their range with my membership card as the target?
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really regret the purchases as BT does have some of the cheapest prices I've seen on the models I bought. But I do regret giving them my membership, now I've got to think how exactly I want to give it back to them. Maybe use their range with my membership card as the target?

Huh?!

mm
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Kinda reminds me when I ordered a gun through a gunsmith/FFL in S. Austin. After being contacted by the seller, a vendor on this site, that it was sent and should arrive in three days. Days four, five and six I contacted the clown who ran the same "if we haven't called you it's not in" line. On day eight I drove to his shop on S. Congress and inquired in person but was told nothing had come in that day.
I asked about some unopened boxes stacked at the end of the counter and a minion working there went through them and there was my AR. He said that particular delivery had come in two days prior.  

Most dealers are honest but too many are arrogant azzholes.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I usually buy at gun shows so I have the item in my had when I buy it. I have ordered stuff and getting certain items in can be difficult. However, promises were not made to me that couldn't be kept. If a shop or an FFL is erratic and unreliable, move on down the road. Bullet Trap has a bad reputation for poor customer service and idiot employees on the Texas forum. One would think in this economy that a shop could improve the quality of their counter help but if those who are running that outfit are piss poor stupid then the problem compounds itself. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. That is why we have Obama.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?!

mm

Thank you for all the comments but this reply will be pointed to mm38 so either I or him can be educated.

Gun prices - at BT
Ruger SR1911 $619
Ruger MK III 22/45 4 inch slab barrel blue $279
Keltect PF9 OD $289

All new, tax not included.

I looked at a few other retailers and didnt find any that cheap so maybe you can enlighten me cause I sure would be happy to go somewheres else.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Gun Show.
IF you go to one of the bigger shows, you will probably find the best price.
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?!

mm

Thank you for all the comments but this reply will be pointed to mm38 so either I or him can be educated.

Gun prices - at BT
Ruger SR1911 $619
Keltect PF9 OD $289

I looked at a few other retailers and didnt find any that cheap so maybe you can enlighten me cause I sure would be happy to go somewheres else.

Did you try CDNN, they are in Texas, Bud's Gun Shop will beat prices.  Did you try any of the local ARFCOM FFL dealers?
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 5:17:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?!

mm

Gun prices - at BT
Ruger SR1911 $619
Keltect PF9 OD $289

Eh....not that great on prices.  The average street price for the slab sided 22/45 with replaceable wood grips is $290, the polymer with non-replaceable grips is in the $250 range and probably lower at the gun shows.  I just got one of the latter for about $150 out the door from Bass Pro in Garland, but I did have about a bazillion points on my Bass Pro card...I think I got $130 or so discounted off the total price.

The green polymer PF-9 was going for $270 at Schramm's*, they didn't have the ceracoated or the green with stainless ones, so I didn't get the prices for those.

Haven't seen a SR1911 yet, so no clue on those.

FWIW, I've always gotten decent service at BT, in the store and on the range.  Their prices seem right in line with other retailers, but they can't complete with the mega-dealers like Gun Zone, Schramm's and Bachman.

ETA:  It takes me months to purchase anything.  Starts with the "do I really need this or not" and progresses to the "do I really want this or not".  And then "Well, it's more than I want to pay", etc...  Then I start looking at the gun shows and different ads to maybe catch it on sale.  I've been in the process of buying a S&W 625 for about 4 years now, about the same amount of time it takes me to buy a car.

mm

PS You bastard, because of this thread I went looking at Ruger Mk IIIs.  I found a stainless heavy fluted barrel with target sights for $405.  Now the 625 and little bolt .22 rifle are going to have to wait.

* Schramm's had the same gun at the show today for $289.99.  $20 higher than it was at the store about 5 weeks ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top