Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:41:59 PM EDT
I was flipping through the chanels and caught a spot for a "True Life: Gun Owners." It's on this thursday at 9:00 pm (29Dec05). As embarassing as it is, I'm going to watch MTV and catch a very liberal take on firearms. I always like learning what the other side thinks of us. Prepare to be pissed if you watch it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:17:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AS40:
I was flipping through the chanels and caught a spot for a "True Life: Gun Owners." It's on this thursday at 9:00 pm (29Dec05). As embarassing as it is, I'm going to watch MTV and catch a very liberal take on firearms. I always like learning what the other side thinks of us. Prepare to be pissed if you watch it.

MTV is evil.

It might be interesting to catch it though.

OT-but I was watching one of their True Life stories-subtitled, "I'm flat broke." Not to slam anyone but I thought it odd that one person profiled had a car but was about to get evicted out of their apartment, and had no job.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:02:58 PM EDT
Don't know if I'll watch it or not.

I might have to take a sh*t or something.....you know, something important

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:22:34 PM EDT
OT slightly but did they ever air the High School stories show about Dunlap Illinois HS? (Town of about 1k 10 miles north of Peoria)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:37:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:

WIZZO

I probably won't. My mom's going in the hospital on Thurs., don't know when she's going to get out of surgery.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:08:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:

WIZZO

I probably won't. My mom's going in the hospital on Thurs., don't know when she's going to get out of surgery.

I hope that everything goes well for your mother!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:07:07 AM EDT
Watching MTV for 'new coverage' is like watching MTV for music videos, er...yeah, I guess that is right!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:22:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By joe1972:

Originally Posted By deej86:

WIZZO

I hope that everything goes well for your mother!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:40:01 PM EDT
Just remember all this crap is owned by Viacom. They run a whole lot media.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:53:53 PM EDT
I actually plan to catch it.

I plan to be severely disappointed and pissed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:36:47 PM EDT
MTV has sucked since like '88.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:45:05 PM EDT
whats MTV ? ? ?
and who would watch it
hahahahaha
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:46:29 PM EDT
I flipped between COPS(good quality entertainment) and this(.)

What a flippin' joke.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:32:29 AM EDT
deej86 your a fucking joke, get over your sisters of the attention club / look at my new shoes club.

Post that you have moved , that you now live in wi or Texas.

We have our Gagobitch, Mudsomemore, and king dickless . have you even gotten a card ? or are you under the radar? hahahaha

Change your state in the bio , you embarasses me too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:34:16 AM EDT
When I read a Deej post, I feel not-so-geeky.

When I read a Woodbutcher post, I feel an incredible urge to NOT drink.

All meant in fun, guys.

ckmorley

(skinny, geeky, gimpy, former D&D player, gun nut)
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:19:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CKMorley:
When I read a Deej post, I feel not-so-geeky.

When I read a Woodbutcher post, I feel an incredible urge to NOT drink.

All meant in fun, guys.

ckmorley

(skinny, geeky, gimpy, former D&D player, gun nut)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:54:58 PM EDT
Just doing my part.

By the way, how does that " Quote" board code shit work? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 7:57:26 PM EDT by codycoyote]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:19:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By patriot73:
MTV has sucked since like '88.

+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:23:23 PM EDT

MTV has sucked since like '88its inception.

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:39:08 AM EDT
Well, I was only half irritated at the program. They portrayed four gun "owners". Two of which actually legally owned guns, a female college student and a hunter in Alaska. Of the other two, one was a gang member/criminal, and the remaining person was a crippled ex-gang member fighting to stop gun violence. I was really surprised. It was not as slanted as I thought it would be. Then again my expectations were'nt very high.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:46:12 AM EDT

Well, I was only half irritated at the program. They portrayed four gun "owners". Two of which actually legally owned guns, a female college student and a hunter in Alaska. Of the other two, one was a gang member/criminal, and the remaining person was a crippled ex-gang member fighting to stop gun violence. I was really surprised. It was not as slanted as I thought it would be. Then again my expectations were'nt very high.

That's cool but real nice how somehow we are in the same category as gang bangers. That's like having a show about 4 car owners that has a soccer Mom with a mini van, me the contractor with my pickup and two habitual drunk drivers.

Good thing MTV is run by people who's opinion means jack squat to me or I might be offended.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:30:04 AM EDT

That's cool but real nice how somehow we are in the same category as gang bangers. That's like having a show about 4 car owners that has a soccer Mom with a mini van, me the contractor with my pickup and two habitual drunk drivers.

Good thing MTV is run by people who's opinion means jack squat to me or I might be offended.

What AS40 said is right. It wasn't a really true look at gun ownership...I could see the hunter, or the girl that wanted to have a CCW for protection. But the "I live in the 'hood and I have to carry a gun even if it ain't legal because I don't follow the rules and I don't care" person really sort of offended me. You're not a true gun owner.

True gun owners stick to the rules.

As far as the ex-gang member...I just thought that there's really a simple solution-Don't join a gang.
Top Top