Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:41:59 PM EDT
I was flipping through the chanels and caught a spot for a "True Life: Gun Owners."  It's on this thursday at 9:00 pm (29Dec05).  As embarassing as it is, I'm going to watch MTV and catch a very liberal take on firearms.  I always like learning what the other side thinks of us.  Prepare to be pissed if you watch it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was flipping through the chanels and caught a spot for a "True Life: Gun Owners."  It's on this thursday at 9:00 pm (29Dec05).  As embarassing as it is, I'm going to watch MTV and catch a very liberal take on firearms.  I always like learning what the other side thinks of us.  Prepare to be pissed if you watch it.

MTV is evil.

It might be interesting to catch it though.

OT-but I was watching one of their True Life stories-subtitled, "I'm flat broke." Not to slam anyone but I thought it odd that one person profiled had a car but was about to get evicted out of their apartment, and had no job.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know if I'll watch it or not.

I might have to take a sh*t or something.....you know, something important

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
OT slightly but did they ever air the High School stories show about Dunlap Illinois HS? (Town of about 1k 10 miles north of Peoria)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

WIZZO

I probably won't.  My mom's going in the hospital on Thurs., don't know when she's going to get out of surgery.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:08:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

I probably won't.  My mom's going in the hospital on Thurs., don't know when she's going to get out of surgery.  

I hope that everything goes well for your mother!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Watching MTV for 'new coverage' is like watching MTV for music videos, er...yeah, I guess that is right!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

I hope that everything goes well for your mother!

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Just remember all this crap is owned by Viacom.  They run a whole lot media.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I actually plan to catch it.

I plan to be severely disappointed and pissed.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]
MTV has sucked since like '88.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
whats MTV  ? ? ?
and who would watch it
hahahahaha
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I flipped between COPS(good quality entertainment) and this(.)

What a flippin' joke.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:32:29 AM EDT
[#13]
deej86 your a fucking joke, get over your sisters of the attention club / look at my new shoes club.

Post that you have moved , that you now live in wi or Texas.

We have our Gagobitch, Mudsomemore, and king dickless . have you even gotten a card ? or are you under the radar? hahahaha

Change your state  in the bio , you embarasses me too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#14]
When I read a Deej post, I feel not-so-geeky.

When I read a Woodbutcher post, I feel an incredible urge to NOT drink.

All meant in fun, guys.

ckmorley

(skinny, geeky, gimpy, former D&D player, gun nut)
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
When I read a Deej post, I feel not-so-geeky.

When I read a Woodbutcher post, I feel an incredible urge to NOT drink.

All meant in fun, guys.

ckmorley

(skinny, geeky, gimpy, former D&D player, gun nut)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Just doing my part.

By the way, how does that " Quote" board code shit work?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
MTV has sucked since like '88.

+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
MTV has sucked since like '88its inception.

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, I was only half irritated at the program.  They portrayed four gun "owners".  Two of which actually legally owned guns, a female college student and a hunter in Alaska.  Of the other two, one was a gang member/criminal, and the remaining person was a crippled ex-gang member fighting to stop gun violence.  I was really surprised.  It was not as slanted as I thought it would be.  Then again my expectations were'nt very high.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well, I was only half irritated at the program.  They portrayed four gun "owners".  Two of which actually legally owned guns, a female college student and a hunter in Alaska.  Of the other two, one was a gang member/criminal, and the remaining person was a crippled ex-gang member fighting to stop gun violence.  I was really surprised.  It was not as slanted as I thought it would be.  Then again my expectations were'nt very high.

That's cool but real nice how somehow we are in the same category as gang bangers. That's like having a show about 4 car owners that has a soccer Mom with a mini van, me the contractor with my pickup and two habitual drunk drivers.

Good thing MTV is run by people who's opinion means jack squat to me or I might be offended.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's cool but real nice how somehow we are in the same category as gang bangers. That's like having a show about 4 car owners that has a soccer Mom with a mini van, me the contractor with my pickup and two habitual drunk drivers.

Good thing MTV is run by people who's opinion means jack squat to me or I might be offended.

What AS40 said is right.  It wasn't a really true look at gun ownership...I could see the hunter, or the girl  that wanted to have a CCW for protection.  But the "I live in the 'hood and I have to carry a gun even if it ain't legal because I don't follow the rules and I don't care" person really sort of offended me.  You're not a true gun owner.  

True gun owners stick to the rules.  

As far as the ex-gang member...I just thought that there's really a simple solution-Don't join a gang.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top