Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 6:47:34 PM EDT
This probably violates some kind of ARFcom policy, but it would be a neat idea so I figured I'd toss it out there.

Since many of us know each other, and some of us see each other on a somewhat regular basis at the shoots, would it be possible to have a thread of stuff people want to trade or sell?  

I know I have accumulated a lot of gun stuff that I will never use again.  Some of the parts are so small or not worth much, so it would be a waste to sell on the EE and go through the trouble of shipping.  Anyway, maybe we could have a thread before the shoots of stuff we want to get rid of.  If someone sees something they want, they can email the guy and money can be exchanged at the shoot or a trade can be arranged.  Or if they live close enough, they could just meet for the exchange.  

For example, if someone has a case of ammo they will never use, it would be better to sell to a fellow MO shooter at a good price instead of letting it rot in your stockpile or paying a lot to ship it across country.

Just a thought...  

Kpel308: what are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We discussed something similar with the Penguin earlier in the year.

Me? If we did I forgot about it (of course it is 6:55am). It sounds like a good idea but then everyone state will want a EE board.

ETA the right time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#3]
The first annual meeting at the Pioneer High Power program is always a "Swap and Shop" type of meeting.  We can turn one of the MODCC meetings into a Swap and Shop.  No need to post the items here.  Just show up with your junks, and I show up with my junks, and let the dealings begin when we get there.

oz
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And no, Chris, the previous discussion wasn't with you.  I forget who it was with, but I remember getting spanked like a red-headed stepchild for mentioning it.  They want folks to use the EE ONLY to buy/sell.  The MO EE link at the top of our section still works, by the way.

I Mike I have only been to one or two shoots and those were a while back. I like oz's idea on a trade shoot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
judging from the lack of response i get 6 months of posting different stuff for sale here and not selling anything. what would be the point?

yes i am sulking!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I just listed 2 items for sale (in the FS forums) that I'd like to sell FTF at the shoot.  I think tese this is a good  way to sell some great items that aren't worth shipping, etc.  

scottMO
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:45:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just post the items in the EE, and you can have a thread here LINKING to that post.

That should keep you guys happy, and keep me from being pecked by flightless waterfowl.

Lock his account!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top