Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2005 10:17:09 AM EDT
I submitted a Form 1 to build an SBR under an LLC a couple months back.  

It just came back as disapproved.

Come to find out, you have to have an FFL or C&R to have an NFA item (SBR, SBS, MG) in MO.  

The guys at CMMG told me this info.  Thanks guys.

I just wanted others to know in case you didn't know!

...I've got the C&R paperwork coming to me...
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't go wrong with a C&R..... be sure to send Midway and Brownells a copy so you can get the dealer discount.  Mine paid for itself on my first order from Brownells.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have multiple managers in your LLC, do each of them have to have a C&R to have access to the NFA items?  Or does just the person filling out the ATF forms have to have one for the form to be approved?

If you move from out of state and bring NFA items with you, do you have to get your C&R before bringing them in, or is that just to get new forms approved once you are in the state?

Thanks,
SmallChange
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the LLC a C&R (make it the applicant).  Then list all managers/members of the LLC on the C&R application.  This will cover them all under the LLC.

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Before you can own them in the state of MO, you must have an FFL or C&R.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  Looks like the move is off for now, though, so I don't have to worry about it.  Now I can resume my plans for silencer purchases...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top