Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/5/2005 10:17:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/5/2005 11:37:30 AM EDT by boomfab]
I submitted a Form 1 to build an SBR under an LLC a couple months back.

It just came back as disapproved.

Come to find out, you have to have an FFL or C&R to have an NFA item (SBR, SBS, MG) in MO.

The guys at CMMG told me this info. Thanks guys.

I just wanted others to know in case you didn't know!

...I've got the C&R paperwork coming to me...
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:51:33 PM EDT
You can't go wrong with a C&R..... be sure to send Midway and Brownells a copy so you can get the dealer discount. Mine paid for itself on my first order from Brownells.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:23:35 AM EDT
If you have multiple managers in your LLC, do each of them have to have a C&R to have access to the NFA items? Or does just the person filling out the ATF forms have to have one for the form to be approved?

If you move from out of state and bring NFA items with you, do you have to get your C&R before bringing them in, or is that just to get new forms approved once you are in the state?

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:14:10 PM EDT
Get the LLC a C&R (make it the applicant). Then list all managers/members of the LLC on the C&R application. This will cover them all under the LLC.

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:19:09 PM EDT
Before you can own them in the state of MO, you must have an FFL or C&R.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:01:26 AM EDT
Thanks for the info. Looks like the move is off for now, though, so I don't have to worry about it. Now I can resume my plans for silencer purchases...
Top Top