Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 2:22:27 PM EDT
Its been a while.
Naturally the only no-nonsense range I can think of is the one at Elk Neck State Forest in NE Maryland.

I was thinking Saturday the 15th.

What say you?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as surgery doesn't interfere, it sounds great. Need to zero the Kobra.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
As long as surgery doesn't interfere, it sounds great. Need to zero the Kobra.

Yeah, you netter finally get your ass out to the range with us again.

[Tough Italian Guy]

What you to good for us? Huh? Just because you get from escape MD? Huh!?

You telling me I got to send Cousin Vinny and Vito , pay you a visit and break the other leg?

Huh?

What say you now tough guy?

[/Tough Italian Guy]

LOL just kidding man. You make sure you take care of your body and then we can worry about getting to the range. I dont care if I got to come pick you up and drive you there myself!

I hope you get better bro!
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah.

Guys. Dont forget I am going to test out my Tannerite too!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:38:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Tonight on WJZ Local Militia are caught with Explosives and Assault Weapons at local Park - Details at 11....

I sure wouldn't be brining ANY explosive compound into a Govt owned recreation area.  I don't care what the BATF says about legality - keep it for use on private land.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:48:02 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the place that requires you to bring your own target stands that must be 4' off the ground, right?  

If the range is <100 yards, I wouldn't risk it.  Besides, I owuld be shocked if a government owned range would allow incendiary targets
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh yeah.

Sweet! We'll just have to find an out of the way place to blow it off.

Stave off the leg breakers. As long as I'm not on the table getting cut I'll be there.

Besides it's been too long. you guys are starting to grow on me, like cancer.
Just kidding. Hope to see you all there.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey.

If the ranger isnt around, and Im about to leave. Everyone else is all packed up. I doubt anything will come of it.

But like you said. If it seems too much of a risk I wont do it.

I have seen on a few occasion guys having those square exploding targets and the RO just laughed and thought they were pretty neat.

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey.

If the ranger isnt around, and Im about to leave. Everyone else is all packed up. I doubt anything will come of it.

I have seen on a few occasion guys having those square exploding targets and the RO just laughed and thought they were pretty neat.

I take it that you've never experienced tannerite.

There is a loud deep boom and shockwave.  It will be different enough from the shooting that they will likely come to investigate even if a mile away.

You need a farm, or somewhere without nearby LEOs.

EDIT - Also, I can probably make it to the shoot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey.

I take it that you've never experienced tannerite.

There is a loud deep boom and shockwave.  It will be different enough from the shooting that they will likely come to investigate even if a mile away.

You need a farm, or somewhere without nearby LEOs.

EDIT - Also, I can probably make it to the shoot.

Damn, I guess I shouldnt. I wasnt going to use a regular size of it. (I have a lot of tannerite) but I was goign to use like a shot glass size (instead of the 20oz. soda bottle size).

But I guess I'll take your advice.

Explosions make me so full of joy though.......

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey, I might make this one.  Maybe I shouldn't speak too soon here but it looks like I should be able to attend...for once.

Can we bring water jugs to shoot?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else coming?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in.  Noon?

jafager
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm in.  Noon?

I get out of work at 12pm and it takes an hour to get to the range from Annapolis.

I'll be there at 1pm. But you guys come at 12 if ya like.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd love to hook up with you guys, but I'll be in London that weekend.  Don't think I'll find too many gun shops to check out

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Woops, I forgot to add the best map in the world...
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Also, if you all need some AR magazines let me know or go here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=29&t=174441
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:48:34 AM EDT
[#17]
what's that like an hour + from Philly, I think I'll have to come down......just need some more info like what time, etc.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
what's that like an hour + from Philly, I think I'll have to come down......just need some more info like what time, etc.....

Yeah almost an hour.

More info?
We will be meeting from 12-1pm and I posted a map that you cam take a look at.

Hope to see you there!

Save room for dinner wth us too!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks M4, sounds good, I'm sure I'll know who you guys are as soon as I get there.....
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope, can't make it to the shoot.

Actually, I won't be able to make it to much of anything for the next 6 months or so.

I'm headed to the Persian Gulf.  Depart on 11/15.  Wish me luck.

Sorry I've absent the last 2 or 3 weeks, been trying to get everything squared away.

Until March or April.

pcfitz
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:28:12 AM EDT
[#21]
good luck, be safe, i wish you the best and a speedy return home!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:40:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it...again!  Have to clean the chimney and furnace this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey guys I've got a quick question.....since I've never been to this range before, do I need a target stand or anything else besides rounds and a rifle??? I've got a shooting mat, so that's covered, but I just don't want to show up unprepared.  Thanks in advance....CT
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#24]
You will need a target stand, or string to stretch between the supports to hang your targets.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You will need a target stand, or string to stretch between the supports to hang your targets.

Thats true.

I will also be bringing my string roll, since I know a few others might forget a stand.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#26]
How late are you shooting to?  And is there going to be dinner afterward (good restraunts in the area?)?
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
How late are you shooting to?  And is there going to be dinner afterward (good restraunts in the area?)?

Probably till it gets dark.

There are a few good restraunts in the area. Also a really good pizza place.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Range update:  Good news, I was at the range both last Friday and Saturday in the middle of the day, and both days it was practically empty.  I guess the deer hunters are all sighted in.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:36:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Probably till it gets dark.

Define 'Dark'... Dark to me is when I can see stars....

Seriously, I'm thinking of comming up, but I won't be able to get free till 14:00-14:30, and its going to be an hour drive at least.

I have a bunch of stuff to zero so I want to make sure I have the time - otherwise I'm going to head to Marriotsville.

really good pizza place.

Did someone say Pizza?  Tough to find really good Pizza in this state - so I'd be really interested in trying out your local establishment....
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Dark is when the state forest closes.  They are always open dawn to dusk, and I'd imagine it gets too dark around 6:00 or so this time of year.  Zeroing(sp? stupid defunct spell checker) should be quick and easy at this range since its not the set 30 minute rule for cease fires.  Very relaxed, but still safe the times we've been there atmosphere.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Guys,
What is the distance from where you park to the shooting line?

I take it you can't see the vehicles from the firing line?

What type of path is there from the vehicles to the firing line? (Paved, crushed rock, dirt etc?)

I'm trying to gauge how much I can bring, and if I can use my luggage rack (on wheels) to carry everything.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:26:09 AM EDT
[#32]
You can see the lot from the range.
Depending on where you park, you could see your vehicle all the time.
It is about 150-200 yards down a slight grade of gravel path. There is a shorter path thru the trees, but it has steps.
I have a hand truck I use and it works fine.
I use bunge cords to hold everything on.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes M4 I'm planning on coming.
I'll have my new FN LAR Paratrooper and hopefully the M1A along with some others.

Are you planning on getting there any time before dark???
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#34]
We still shooting with all this wind?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Weather channel has it Partly cloudy 59 and light NW at 5 MPH.
Sound like a great day to me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
We still shooting with all this wind?

That'd just be more challenging...the weather doesn't care when SHTF situation might arise.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, i know, but i wanted to sight in my 10/22.  Oh well.  
Anybody want to let me shoot some of their guns, if i bring ammo.  

I have a bushy pre-ban, 870 HD, and a 10/22, but my dad thinks if i get caught with any of them (i'm 16 y/o) all hell will  break lose and i'll be in jail.  There is no changing his mind.  I might be able to bring the .22 if one of his friends says that it is legal for me.

Thanks,
DEERSNIPER
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Are you planning on getting there any time before dark???

I'll be there !

I get out at work (I'l try leaving eralier) at 12. So that means I should be there at 1.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I will also be bringing two used Rotors to shoot at. I took them off of my g/f's car when I changed her brakes and rotors.

I think these would be fun to shoot at since they are metal, sometimes paper gets boring.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks like we have 6 + me is 7 going.

Sounds good!

I hope you all show up, on time too! You are the latest showing bunch I have ever shot with!

See you there!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:44:38 AM EDT
[#41]
You're not gonna want to hear this, but my entire ass is a giant rash! I had a steroid injction in my lower back a week ago, and my doc used betadine for the first time, it's an iodine based cleaner. Everywhere it touched, I'm a huge rash. Lord this sucks. I have to take Benadryl to stop the itching and the stuff just knocks me out. Just thought you'd want all the lovely details. I don't think it would be wise to use fire arms today. Man this sucks. I wanted to zero my Kobra today.[>(]  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Sure, a steroid shot...  Just take some penecilin and get rid of the "rash".
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#43]
M4
I thing the range rules state that targets can only be paper or clay.

deersniper
I'll be bringing a FN FAL 308, AR15s, and my new 45 ACP.
You are more that welcome to shoot them.
Come on out and have some fun.

Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Sure, a steroid shot...  Just take some penecilin and get rid of the "rash".

That's rigt, you get to help me put on my cortisone cream.
Ric, thanks for the tampon, it helped to get me out to the range.
Why is it that that range attracts more assholes than a toilet seat? Was everyone but us a dick out there today or was it just me? The range Nazi was unbelievable, but all the local yocals were too much.
Good time anyway.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn, 2IDdoc was sitting on my bench. now my ass has a rash.

What range Nazi?  Oh, Mr.you didn't read all the rules did you?  You can't do that,  cease fire is every 30 minutes.  Funny how after he left all you had to do was ask for a cease fire and everyone was like, OK just let me finish this mag.

Yeah the locals brought their dates to watch them sight in their rifles.  HAHAHAHA.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Well I really screwed this one up.
I thought the shoot was today the 16th.
I had a lot of stuff to do yesterday and didn't read well enough.
Now I have no plans and nothing to do today.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I had a lot of stuff to do yesterday and didn't read well enough.
Now I have no plans and nothing to do today.

Yeah, I was hoping to see your FAL. I've never fired one.

Oh, Sundance, just have Gunman0 rub some cream on for ye'. It helps alot.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
M4
I thing the range rules state that targets can only be paper or clay.

You seem to be the only one of us who read the rules ever

Originally Posted By 2IDdoc
Ric, thanks for the tampon, it helped to get me out to the range.

That was no Tampon man! It was my shoe from when I kicked your ass!

Quoted:

Thats okay. You will come to the next one, right?

Also, I hope your mother is well.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:27:35 AM EDT
[#49]
As for the rules.
Sometime you must play within them, instead of creating problems and not being allowed to use  the place anymore.

Mom is doing OK.
The throat is fine.
Her right foot has 10 breaks in 5 bones.
5 breaks in the outside bone.
They cast it and now she can't walk even with the crutches due to the brusing in her right arm pit. She is an on-the-go type person and this is a real pain for her.
I've been taking care of rides for her to and from the many doctors. The extended family back there have been bringing in meals so she won't have to suffer from my dad's cooking.

Looks like I'll be cooking the turkey again this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top