Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2003 10:02:35 PM EDT
I know a club, AFS in Attleboro, MA. They have $1.00 day's during the non winter months. 1buck to eat burgers/dogs and have a introductory lesson/familiarization w/the firearm, and a 1hr shoot shoot. I'd think they'ed welcome area interested parties to come and see what they are about. I know a infulentual instructor there, whom might be happy to help, I cant see why not. Anyone want to arrange a ARFCOM get together there (no one under 18) SORRY[/red} next one they have in a couple months? Plan on spending more than 1buck though, despite that being the cost. AMMO purchase @ reasonable costs, gunsmith full time on premises, CQB Station there, many other ammenities.~ Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 5:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure. I'd like to check them out anyway. Put me on the list.
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
count me in too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure, why not.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
AFS is only 10 mins from home, count me in
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I will keep all whom post on this thread that might want to go up to date on the next .99 cent day w/free burgers n dogs. I get their flyers. Like I said, I can see no reason why they would not want more exposure, its a great place, they have other stuff too. Full time gunsmith on site also!  www.americanfirearmsschool.com
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Sure.  Count me in as well.  I'd be interested.  My sister might be interested as well since she lurks here.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be interested as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi All, I spoke with the range pal that works there and he said, SOUNDS GREAT!!! bring'm all. Unfourtunetly, He said they are set next (the99centday), for AUGUST offically. They might have a midsummer one julyish. If'HE'RecallsCorrectly that is, w/o lookng at the calender. However that might change, I hope it does.  I'll keep you guys posted. SWATMEDIC, my friend.......you live 10minutes from there and have never been there, did I understand that right?..... SHAME ON YOU!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Any chance of a time prior to August?  I have a date with my Uncle Sam, (and long lost cousin Fidel), and from what I hear, I wont be back till next summer, but Id like to shoot the CQB station.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going. The 99cent days ONLY include 1hr RANGE time, + the food !! NO lead ammo, targets, your own firearm are advised, unless you want to "RENT" or "BUY" IIRC--> _You must be a "member" to shoot the CQB station centermass181 A Full Tour of the facility, and if needed for your range time, a short but through, firearms handeling instruction session. I think it would be a good time to get to know a few locals on the board
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Whoever wanted to organize this event, here's some info that indicates that July 5th & 6th might be a good weekend to do this shoot.

AFS has a flyer in The Outdoor Message (GOAL newspaper) that I received today. [Info is NOT on AFS Website currently.]

3rd Annual Shooters Family Weekend
July 5th & 6th
10-11AM - Bulletproof vest demo (this is really "eye opening" if you haven't seen it before)
11-12Noon - Bulletproof glass demo
1-3PM - Live Revolutionary War re-enactment
3-6PM - Enjoy FREE range time
All of the above is free!
Free hotdogs and hamburgers served starting at 11AM.

DISCLAIMER: Although I've talked with some of AFS folks a few times and bought a few items, I am not a regular customer and don't have any relationship with them. In fact, I waited many months after a previous "open house" to order L&R Research chemicals for my ultrasonic cleaner (preferring to give "local guys" the business). When they finally got the chemicals in they wanted 2x LIST PRICE for them. I called back and asked if they had made a mistake in pricing . . . Nope! Then I ordered them from Brownell's.

So, I'm not going to get involved in organizing this sort of event at AFS, but just passing along the info.
www.americanfirearmsschool.com/index.html
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#12]
LenS, my friend, I missed you a couple of monday nights ago @ Ames I really wanted to see those 200ishyrd ranges I NEED I'm going to be able to get there on 6/9 @ 6/7pm. I hope your there, my "GOAL" is a definite when we meet LenS. NOW to the meet. I spoke with the guy I know there and he only said there was going to be a civil war re-enactment 7/5, but this was weeks ago, maybe he did'nt know all the particulars. THANKS FOR THE INFO Len!!. WELL, its 4th of July weekend, I've no other obligations on the 5th or 6th.  I went to te civil war re-enactment in Lincoln/Concord a year or 2 back it was pretty good. I;d think it will be the same re-enactors group but a MUCH smaller scale. Many might have family related plans for a big 4TH weekend,---> I DO"NT! .....I'm going to call my buddy back........as you outlined it, we, (ARFCOMers) could meet around 2or3 for some introductions, I'll show you mine, if you show me yours and free range time after that,'n burgers'n such. How about the 6th, its a sunday ?   ANYONE ELSE HAVE suggestions ?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:49:47 AM EDT
[#13]
ill throw up a tenative yes, not sure whats planned with the famn-damily, but will try to make it.  These will be my plans for the weekend.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:02:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Mags,
Sorry but I had Town Meeting that conflicted with the May meeting at Ames. Did you go there? At any rate, I'll be at Ames on 6/9 by 6:30PM. I also noted that the Secretary resigned and a new one was appointed so that might account for why my Legislative Report didn't get in The Outdoor Message! Meanwhile you can "check out" the range at www.amesriflepistolclub.com/rifleranges.htm, just noting that the view of the covered range is mislabeled (it's really 50/100yd) and the other views and house view area 200/300yd.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Re: AFS
In case anyone is wondering, it is an indoor range where they do allow AR15 and sub-gun shooting.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#16]

SWATMEDIC, my friend.......you live 10minutes from there and have never been there, did I understand that right?..... SHAME ON YOU!

Actually I am a member there, and I bought my latest handgun there, HK USP 45c. I think there is an event over the July 4th Weekend. I have the flyer here somewhere. I plan to stop by at least one of the days, if I don't have to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top