Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 9:12:14 PM EDT
Who has the best prices and/or selection of M1A/M14 type rifles in Southern California?  

Thanks in advance,
RS
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure about the best, but every time I happen to be in Turners, they have a wooden full size, synthetic full size, and a SOCOM in the racks.  Not too sure on the prices.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who has the best prices and/or selection of M1A/M14 type rifles in Southern California?  

Thanks in advance,
RS

Your best bet is in the ee here, or at m14 forums, or gun broker.  I have bought all mine through these sources, and they all have been loaded with usgi parts.
Good luck
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Agreed.

If possible you want to find one five or more years older that have more USGI like-new parts in them rather than the newer ones with newly manufactured parts.

[\quote]

This is exactly what I want.  Older Springfield with USGI parts.  I would really like an LRB.  I just can't see myself paying 2000 for one.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes ago Springfield Armory was selling an USGI edition of M1A, with all USGI parts except the receiver.  Even the stocks had cartouch on them.  You'll have to poke around for that.

CMP is no longer selling parts for M14, or even Garand.  But try Red Cloud if you need them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you do get a new one you might want to look at getting a USGI bolt complete, a trigger pack, and recoil rod (I think that's the name of the guy)

It's called an Op Rod.  If you can get a Norinco or Poly Op Rod, they're as good as USGI.

Check Dick Culver's page.  Lots of good info on M14-type rifles:

www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/sales/saleconfig.pl?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Paul...check your email.  You need to get out
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Visit Turner's, LA Guns, and Martin B. Retting.  Then buy it from gunbroker.com using a pawn shop FFL.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top