Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 12:09:24 PM EDT
Well 20 years ago I took my certification course and passed at the Glen Oaks Rifle range. It was on Hillside Ave I think or Jamaica ave. Anyway i lost the paper work after 20 years... Is my only option to take it again? I understand its like 12 hours or more now. Back then it was like 5 hours, I was able to do it in one day!!! I'd be willing to get someone the defensive driving certificate In exchange for the Hunter's Safety Certificate!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Lost Hunter Safety Certificate: Call 1-888-HUNT-ED2
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a friend that lost his also along time ago.
He should call 1-800- SOL-TAKE IT AGAIN
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If You Lose Your Certificate

If you lose your hunter education certificate and have taken the course since 1980, call your nearest DEC Regional Office or call 1-888-HUNT-ED2 and ask that you be looked up on our database of Sportsman Ed graduates. DEC's Sportsman Education Program might be able to verify that you have successfully completed a course from this database (supply your name, date of birth, type of course and when and where you took the course. People who took the course before 1980 must be able to identify the instructor who taught the course, so DEC can try to locate the instructor.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well 20 years ago I took my certification course and passed at the Glen Oaks Rifle range. It was on Hillside Ave I think or Jamaica ave. Anyway i lost the paper work after 20 years... Is my only option to take it again? I understand its like 12 hours or more now. Back then it was like 5 hours, I was able to do it in one day!!! I'd be willing to get someone the defensive driving certificate In exchange for the Hunter's Safety Certificate!!

Where was this range ? 20 yrs ago I lived there and I never heard of it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet I was at that concert with you Aimless if it was in the Albany area....Ahhhhh the good old days
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Hunter Safety is a breeze to take. Took it in August and passed with flying colors. Only two wrong on the test. Instructor said I'm the first deaf hunter he taught. I'm wondering if there are more like me or it means I'm the only one?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm an instructor for both the sportsmen ed course and the bowhunter course, I can tell you that you are correct in calling Albany for a replacement. My wife took her course  over 20 years ago and lost her certificate. We called albany and they had me write her a new one!
Pays off when you sleep with the instructor I guess
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#11]
One thing about NY - we keep records of EVERYTHING  

www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/license/decalsproc.html

"* In order to apply for a hunting license by phone you need to have proof of hunting qualification in the computerized system (currently anyone who has been issued a New York State hunting license since August of 2002 and graduates of hunter education courses in New York since 1980.) "
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#12]
YES I was still in the system and they will be sending me a copy of the Certificate. Thanks to you guys I dont have to sit through the course again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Good for you Mag.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:15:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you have your liscence last year, if so you just go and pick up your new liscence, no need for the certificate anymore once you are in the system, least that has been the case for me, lost my certificate in a fire
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:28:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes an old hunting licence is as good as the Safty Certificate and can be used to buy a new license.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#16]
But you gotta have the actual lisence not your tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top