Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 7:03:40 PM EDT
I am currently a resident of south Florida. I am looking to possibily move to Georgia. I am looking for a lower cost of living.. I have some roots in the Valdosta area, with my girlfriend being from Fitzgerald with family in the Tifton area and Adel. Pretty much looking in south Georgia. I am looking for work within the customer service. I currently work in a major call center and looking for sometihng similar, but I am flexible. What would my best options be.. Thank you in advance..
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered a move to India?

That's where all the call centers are being relocated to these days.

Sad but true.

TD
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have thought about it, I imagine it would be easier to get fun toys over there, but something about the local culture just doesn't agree with me, and I dont speak the language. lol but thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Have you considered a move to India?

That's where all the call centers are being relocated to these days.

Sad but true.

TD

Actually India has been running short on "English" speaking reps for  a while.  The new trend now is the Phillipines.  They speak decent "English" but don't comprehend it.  That is where my "company" is outsourcing.  I have heard rumors of outsourcing some of our stuff to Costa Rica as well.

There are still some call center jobs in the Atlanta Area but they are dwindling and the pay sucks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Not to sound like an asshole, but you need to go back to school.  Save some money, get a loan, or do whatever it takes to get that all important degree.   You cannot compete in the unskilled labor market with foreign workers.  I'd recommend the Healthcare field or the Accounting field (I work in this sector) for future employment growth and a decent salary.  Anyways, good luck with your job search.  Check www.ajcjobs.com  for  positions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top