Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/13/2004 7:16:28 AM EDT
Being a resident of Jackson County (KC) and after hearing the news that the courts ruled that St. Louis county will not be issuing CCW permits due to the licensing being unfunded, I've had it. I'm not going to wait around for Jackson County to make a decision on this, and I'm not going to pay my county a penny to get a permit. I still want to take a CCW class at a local gun shop, and now will pursue and out of state permit that will make it legal for me to carry in my county and the rest of my state.

Question. What other states our offering Missouri residents and out of state permit, and if anyone has one could they provide me with the info needed such as a website, application, or other form of info so that I can contact another state and request a permit.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:32:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2004 7:38:14 AM EDT by scottMO]
Currently Florida is the easist. Utah is prob the 2nd best. PA used to be pretty easy too, but they have stopped accepting applications from MO residents. I've had a FL CCW permit for 7 years now and it's all via US Mail. A Hunters Ed cert suffices for the training part.

for a FL permit, call 850 488 5381 (per the back of my CCW ID)

For a Utah permit, I believe you must take a CCW class led by a UTAH approved instructor. There is an ad in the KC Red Starr for a Utah instructor teaching classes locally. I've been thinking about taking the Utah class to get my UT permit. I believe w/a FL and UT permit, you are covered in 21+ states.

scottMO in Jackson County
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:07:51 AM EDT
Thanks for the info Scott.

I took my hunters ed class a long time ago (10 years) I don't even recall getting a certificate for it. Should I have that on hand, or would there be a record of it somewhere in a state dept. I do have a MO conservation heritage card, the card where you can put your hunting/fishing license on, and have bought a hunting license before, believe it was for goose/duck.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:28:48 AM EDT
I rec'd a small card (white/orange in color). I photocopied mine and sent it in. I have the Conservation card now too but dont know if it will count as the training requirement.

It prob wouldnt hurt to take one of the CCW classes anyway, just to have it on record (liability??).

If you are interested in taking the Utah class, we can try to set up a date to attend it. Then you'd be covered for FL too.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:02:42 AM EDT
Maine is easier (and cheaper) than Florida's. $60 for 5 years, 2 passport photos, copy of b. cert., copy of safety training, and fill out form. Don't even need fingerprints, unless the background check hits a snag.

Florida is MUCH more widely accepted.

Maine is good for KY, TN, and OK. That is close enough to my travels!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:09:24 AM EDT
The best site I have found for info on CCW carry nationwide is: www.packing.org

Top Top