Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2013 6:23:28 PM EDT
Do any of you really think your "run of the mill" letters to our elected officials will do any good???

Here are two I'm sending.

Dear Senator

The United States is a Constitutional Federal Republic. It is not a democracy wherein the majority may infringe upon the unalienable rights of the individual.

The duty of the state, as clearly explained in our originating doctrine, the Declaration of Independence, is to protect our rights, not to rule, regulate, or license no matter what whim of the day, or pretend concern for our health and well being.

I do not buy guns to go hunting, or for sporting events. I have purchased my firearms for the inevitable tyranny. History is replete with tyrants not only using, but manufacturing events in order to obtain some agenda; be it a call to war, the elimination of a political enemy, or the destruction of the rights of the People. Our Founders were clear in their warning of such misdeeds.

Tyranny comes in many forms, and if you ignore the fact that our government has experimented on children, slaughtered hundreds of thousands of children in this endless war on terror, and forced parents to vaccinate their children with admitted poisons, I suggest that you have violated your oath of office.

Our government has been out of hand for decades. I will no longer abide, or condone the clearly unlawful, and tyrannical acts of this legislature, or that of the federal government. I will work diligently to have each and every one of you removed from office.

This is my line in the sand. You have taken an oath to protect, and defend the Constitution. I took that oath in defense of my country. I have not been relieved of that duty, and I expect that there is no reason, or condition that has relieved you of that oath.

If you care to debate the rule of law with me in private, or a public forum, I will be glad to oblige.

Respectfully, LUGERMAN

And this one too to any so-called "gun rights" origination here in NJ.

Dear NJ Pro Gun Organization

I asked someone I know if there was anyone in the pro-gun community in NJ who was not mired in the misconception that the state has any authority to do whatever it chooses, and renege on its true mandate, and responsibility; protect the rights of the citizen.

I have been prospecting around the supposed pro-gun community and I find that our prospects for a peaceful solution look dim. I say this because I've come to the conclusion that, in general, the community is truly ignorant of our system of law, and have bought into every misdeed, and corruption that has been presented to them by the courts, the schools, and the majority of the legal community.

The 2nd Amendment guarantee's us nothing at all as you know. The word can be nothing more than a warning to the state that this is an unalienable right that may not be trespassed, and that the states obligation is to protect the right, not to infringe upon it, or make it into a privilege by regulation and license. If it does so the citizen soldier will take up arms to maintain the "security of a free state". It is our responsibility to remain free. We should not depend on courts that have taken upon themselves the unauthorized power to interpret the rule of law, nor can we expect that a totally corrupt political system will honor its oath of office.

We have 2 solutions in law.

1. The sheriff is the highest elected official in the county, and may lawfully bind anyone who infringes upon the right of the citizen. Sheriff Richard Mack has made his life's work the education of the sheriff's throughout the country.

2. The Militia is the only duly authorized law enforcement body enumerated in the Constitution, and with the sole power to arrest upon "probable cause" anyone who commits a felony, including a violation of the oath of office. Immunity is another doctrine created by judicial fiat and holds no account in the law. Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr. has attempted for years to persuade the pro-gun community that the revitalization of the Militia is the lawful in the enforcement of the law when the courts abandon their mandate.

These 2 methods are blatantly ignored by organizations such as the NRA. I've yet to hear a valid reason from them as to why they refuse to argue suits based on the Militia, why they won't back a citizen for governor who will execute the law, and why they are not promoting Sheriff Mack in his attempt to educate the sheriff's throughout the country.

I would like to know where your organization stands on the right to keep and bear arms.

Respectfully, LUGERMAN

Well Boys, what are your thoughts?

I've been a letter writer to our NJ elected officials since 1973 and all I get is the standard BS for the last 40 years!

Maybe it's time for a change!!

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You are a true wordsmith! Very well done
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You are a true wordsmith! Very well done

Thanks.

However I'm not naive enough to think I will ever get a coherent response. I've been playing this game for 40 years now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Very well written.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#5]
As much as I agree with everything you've written I fear it will fall on deaf ears as im sure youre aware its not about what may be constitutional anymore.the powers that be are too close to getti g what they want to back off now. I've been emailing twice a day for three weeks now and calling every other day. No response. We are watching the beginning of the end. It will start with our ebr's and expand from there. Im seriuosly considering running for assemblyman. I think a return to true libertymust be started by electing grass roots ccandidates.  I have no money for an election or any experience whatsoever. But its the only thing I can think to do.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Gentlemen,

Many of you may not know Lugerman personally, but I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to him a few times at a couple of ranges here in NJ.
I can vouch for Lugerman in the letter writing department, I have seen the letters he wrote and the responses he has received from various Congressmen since the 1970's.
If you ever run into him, ask about this and he'll probably be happy to show you.

He has been fighting this for along time and I can understand his pessimism at times, but he continues to write because he is a True Patriot and probably because
someone encourages him to, whether it be some Bastard in Trenton or some Members here or the Love of His Grand Children.

Well Done, Lugerman.

BTH
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gentlemen,

Many of you may not know Lugerman personally, but I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to him a few times at a couple of ranges here in NJ.
I can vouch for Lugerman in the letter writing department, I have seen the letters he wrote and the responses he has received from various Congressmen since the 1970's.
If you ever run into him, ask about this and he'll probably be happy to show you.

He has been fighting this for along time and I can understand his pessimism at times, but he continues to write because he is a True Patriot and probably because
someone encourages him to, whether it be some Bastard in Trenton or some Members here or the Love of His Grand Children.

Well Done, Lugerman.

BTH

Thanks for the kind words Bob.

It is very important to keep the pressure on our elected officials all the time.

Letter writing is one of the best ways to get this done. Whether they are pro 2A or not our voice always needs to be heard and they need to know we don't give up. I know guys like Menedez and Lautenburg will never change their minds but they always need to be reminded that we are out there.

I can't say it enough. Keep writing and calling every chance you get.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I took the time to write out a rather lengthy one I'd like to hand out to Governor Christie at the rally on the 8th.  Feel free to read, and also offer critique for that matter.  If you think something I've said is too far off message or if you think I should expand on anything....whatever.

Governor Christie,

First off, let me say thank you for attending the rally today.  I was quite surprised to hear that you would attend and even if we are not on the exact same page when it comes to what we think are appropriate measures to take on gun control I really appreciate you taking the time to address our group directly.  Your willingness to do such things is one of your best qualities as a leader, and is sadly lacking in many others within the political class across our country.  

To be honest with you, I’m not entirely sure where you stand on gun control in the state of NJ.  It hasn’t really been a front and center issue until very recently and you have been quite understandably focused on other things.  However, before I get into where I stand on it and what I’d like you to consider, I should probably introduce myself.

My name is Joseph Wagner.  I’m 30 years old and was born in Bridgeton, NJ.  I’ve lived here my entire life.  I spent my college years attending Rowan University and volunteering as a member on the Hopewell-Stow Creek Fire/Rescue squad.  I earned a B.S. in Computer Science from Rowan and have spent the last 8 years working in the IT industry.  The first company I worked for out of college was a British software company based out of London.  During my time there I met a wonderful woman named Natasha who I was fortunate enough to con into moving to the US and marrying me.  We have two beautiful daughters (4 and 7 months), who have taken over our lives in pretty much all aspects.  This is both a blessing and a curse, as I’m sure you understand.  Once upon a time I was considering (and truth be told still toss it around in my head even though my wife would kill me) becoming a NJ state trooper (I even went through Trooper youth week at Sea Girt in high school).  I train in MMA (I’ve had 7 amateur cage fights), and as a result of the type of individual that sort of thing attracts, train with a large number of law enforcement personnel who I consider good friends.  The point I guess I’m trying to make here, is that I consider myself a pretty normal, average, north eastern resident.  I’ve worked primarily in the US, but I’ve spent some time working in London and Europe, my wife is originally from Trinidad & Tobago where we visit at least once a year, and she’s lived and worked in several different countries.  I’d like to think that I have a fairly good perspective on how things in the world are because of this.  I don’t feel that I (neither are most people for that matter) am the caricature portrayed by many as the typical firearms enthusiast…the “gun nut” that many people put up as a straw man to argue against.  For instance, the recent list of executive orders put forth by President Obama are quite reasonable I feel.  Not only am I not outraged by them, I can’t think of any that I find objectionable.  Furthermore, there are some that I think are pretty darn good ideas.  Obviously, how actions are executed is important and will ultimately determine whether or not these EO’s are good.  But, researching gun violence, providing clear information to gun shops, coordinating criminal data and emphasizing mental health issues are all excellent ideas.  

I hope I’ve given you a good feel for the type of person I am and what factors into my stance on gun control.  I know it’s an emotionally charged issue.  However, I think it’s important that laws and policy changes that affect an entire population are evaluated in an environment that is as close to being emotion free as possible and by those who are knowledgeable on whatever subject is being discussed.  Sadly, this does not seem to be the current atmosphere in Trenton.  It seems that with the current crop of bills proposed there is an effort to pile more rules on top of a very long and onerous list of existing ones in the hope that new laws will be obeyed where the old ones have not been.

I and the other law abiding residents of this state have already jumped through the many hoops required in NJ to own and purchase firearms.  I've dutifully gone out and purchased 15 round magazines since the 20 and 30 round magazines most of the country uses are not legal here.  I've sawed off the "evil" bayonet lug on my sight post.  I've made sure to only purchase muzzle brakes and NOT flash suppressors even though they essentially do the same thing and neither of which make a rifle any more or less deadly.  I've done everything I can to make sure that I do not run afoul of the law in NJ.  I've never had any run-ins with the law.  I've only ever received two speeding tickets.  The last of which was more than 5 years ago.  I'm so very tired of being told and treated like I'm the problem.  There IS NOT a need for even further restrictions on my ability to practice the hobby I like.  The recent laws proposed are not going to help reduce crime in NJ.  They won't make us any safer than we already are.  They are a waste of time and only serve to punish those of us who have not done anything wrong to begin with.  

According to the FBI in 2011 there were 380 murders (or cases of non negligent manslaughter) in NJ.  Of those, 269 were committed with firearms.  Of those, 238 were committed with handguns, 25 were committed with unknown firearms, 5 with shotguns and 1 (ONE) with a rifle.  

Above, I’ve included excel excerpts detailing the crime statistics readily available to me from the FBI’s 2011 numbers.  If you would like to independently verify this information you can find the main landing page for the FBI 2011 numbers at:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/

The specific tables I’ve referenced above are available at:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-5

and

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-20

It's worth noting that preventing the residents of NJ from ordering ammunition online (which I have done many times to save money...ammo is expensive and I have to train with it to be competent with my firearms) would not have reduced these numbers.  

It's worth noting that a ban on .50 caliber firearms would not have reduced these numbers.

It's worth noting that a home inspection would not have reduced these numbers (not to mention the fact that it ignores the 4th Amendment).

It's worth noting that an even stronger AWB *may* have only been a factor in just one of these murders.

I had hoped to see in my lifetime the NJ specific AWB lifted since there are certain things I would like to collect via the federal title II checks on firearms that I should have no problems qualifying for (I’m referring of course to the ATF scrutiny that goes along with purchasing such things) that are unavailable due to NJ's restrictions that go above and beyond our federal ones.  It is statistics like the above that should point out that the NJ AWB is not necessary since there was only 1 murder that even has the potential of having been committed with a weapon that would fall under the AWB (it is not stated what type of rifle was used).  Furthermore, newly proposed legislation such as A3659 should be demonstrably unnecessary.  

Unfortunately, it's tough to say for sure what would help reduce these numbers.  Pointing out what doesn’t work is always easier than coming up with ideas that do.  Obviously, reducing violence is a worthwhile endeavor.  Location data on where these murders occurred within the state is not readily available (at least to me).  However, that should be something available to you.  I would challenge you to find out how many of these murders are gang related.  I would challenge you to find out how many of these murders were committed with legally purchased weapons (mostly handguns).  I would then challenge you to honestly answer how many of these murders would be prevented by further restricting those of us already going to enormous lengths to comply with NJ law.  Assault weapons crime, .50 caliber weapon crime, mass shooting crimes etc are simply not a problem that NJ has.  Please stop restricting those of us who are law abiding citizens from pursuing hobbies that make us happy in the name of preventing crime that doesn't exist.  I would just like to pursue my hobby without constantly being worried that a new law will come along and declare me a criminal over night.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.  I got a little more wordy than I had originally intended and I understand that time is a premium for you.  I realize that legislation and governing isn’t exactly in my wheelhouse, however, if there is anything I can do to assist you and the people of NJ with ideas on how to reduce the existing violence problems please don’t hesitate to contact me.  For that matter, if you would like to discuss anything I’ve said above, if you have any questions or comments, or if I can assist you in any way please reach out to me.  

Best Regards,

Joseph Wagner Jr.

just above the links are screenshots of the FBI stats available for 2011 in case you're wondering why that bit is there.  Also, the formatting is a bit better since it was typed up in MS word...it's just not shown here the best.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#9]
To Lugerman:
Well done sir
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:31:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I downloaded the petition to run for general Assembly yesterday. 100 signatures puts me on the ballot. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well I downloaded the petition to run for general Assembly yesterday. 100 signatures puts me on the ballot. Wish me luck.

Good Luck

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#13]
For Gov Christie and other state reps:

Governor Christie:
As a citizen and gun rights advocate, I ask that you DO NOT support ANY gun control proposals, bills or amendments during your term. The Second Amendment is precious and must not be infringed in any way.
The limiting of firearms owners in this state is already more intrusive and stricter than 48 other states in this country.  Lets remember that the New Jersey constitution states "All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness."
This state is already limiting the first tenant of the document that defines us as a State.  Please rectify these actions, and allow Law Abiding citizens of New Jersey to protect their homes, their families, and themselves from those CRIMINAL elements who wish to do them harm.
In a 1998 book, More Guns, Less Crime, economics researcher John Lott's analysis of crime report data claims a statistically significant effect of concealed carry laws on crime, with more permissive concealed carry laws correlated with a decrease in overall crime. Lott studied FBI crime statistics from 1977 to 1993 and found that the passage of concealed carry laws resulted in a murder rate decrease of 8.5%, rape rate decrease of 5%, and aggravated assault reduction of 7%. That seems to be a winning reduction in the victimization of citizens.

Fits on one sheet, summarizes the point at the top of the letter, and backs up statements.  

Printing them and mailing them tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top