Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2005 4:11:31 PM EDT
No luck today. Saw a couple does but they ran between me and another hunter so I couldn't shoot. Luckily, neither did he. But anyway, I can't believe the stupidity of some people....On our way out of the woods we had to stop because the road was blocked by an SUV from a  couple women who were in the woods in plain clothes, most likely getting branches and leaves for decorations, but they were in the woods at dusk, one even had a dark leather coat on...........COMPLETE MINDLESS IDIOTS!
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
No deer for me yesterday.  I don't want shoot a doe until at least the first saturday so I passed on a bunch.  I chickened out today with the rain but I am taking friday off work and then hunting again saturday.  Hopefully the snow will be here by then.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
None yet for me. I saw 2 buck by 7:15am both only six points so I couldnt shoot them. I bunch of doe got within  30 yds of me but they looked kinda small and I thought a buck might be trailing them so no shot. Saw a big doe near dark but it ran where I thought another hunter was sitting so I didnt shoot then I saw the other guy about 100 yds in the other direction. Oh well its early in the season.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Man did I miss a monster tonight. I decided since it was raining I would grab the .44 mag and go see if any doe were layin up by the barn. Well I walk around the back of the barn and Mr. Big stands up in the thicket. So I settle the sights on his neck as this was all I could see. Just as I touch the trigger he turns & bolts. Clean miss. All this at about 15 feet. So the lesson to be learned is don't be too lazy to go get the rifle out of the truck. I am just sick about it. I hope he makes the same mistake again on Saturday. I will post a pic of he bruiser that I got on trail cam later tonight.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot a doe yesterday.
Here's my thread I posted in the hunting section. Click me
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I shot a doe yesterday.
Here's my thread I posted in the hunting section. Click me

Hats off to ya. You did the right thing. I have never had to make that choice. Congrats on filling the freezer too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hats off to ya. You did the right thing. I have never had to make that choice. Congrats on filling the freezer too.

Thanks
I feel better about it today. A belly full of fresh venison does wonders for your hunting attitude. Going back out on Thursday. Good luck to all.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Went out again today. Froze my gonads all morning for no reason. Didnt see a damn deer all day. Called it quits at 14:30
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Shot my fifth deer this morning.   Three in Va and two so far in PA..  

Sat in my stand until 10:30, it was freezing out.  Walked back to my truck, which was parked in the corner of a field on top the mountain.  Wind was blowing about 40 mph across field. Man was that cold.  Just a I got to the truck, six other trucks pull in and out  jumps about 20 guys.  The proceed to drive the field.  Of course they jumped nothing, hell it was way to cold for deer to lay out there.  So after they finished, I got out of the truck, walked about 100 yards into the woods, the opposite direction from them, and low and behold there layed a hugh doe.  I was back in the truck within 10 minutes.

Back out next week for number 6.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#9]
We went to Mt. Davis today. Highest point in PA. Cold & windy. We were in our spots for about a half an hour when this group of about 15 or 16 assholes decided to line up on the road behind us and all walk down through the hollow. They actually went right between us and steped right in front of us and continued down through the hollow we were watching. They were  only 15' away from us when they went around & between us. My brother and I were about 50 yards apart and three went between he and I. What a bunch of assholes! If you are walking in the woods, you do everything you can not to disturb the hunts of the other hunters. You don't walk past them and then right down through the area they are watching. These guys were just assholes. When we get back to my truck, they almost have us blocked in. That was it.....last straw. So when I left, I backed my truck up to all of theirs, took it out of 4WD and hammered the gas. Threw snow and shit all over their trucks. Fu@k them. I hope they are on this board and read this so they know what assholes they are. Did I mention they were assholes?

By the way....no deer today. Thanks to a bunch of .........well, you know.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:56:34 AM EDT
[#10]
gun runner,

That is almost what they guys did to me.  They saw me walking in the field and then siting in my truck,  yet they still  drove the field.  So , I let them finish their drive then I got out and shot a deer.  I think I pissed them off.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine is still running around in the woods...but I set up a meeting with him this saturday at about 9am.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Bagged one in Lackawanna County, WMU 3D Saturday 12/3 just before sunset. 8pt with 15" spread. The 19 degree weather made for a chilly afternoon up in my climber. Roughly a 75yd shot with the LTR and Leaupy MK4 LR/T IL and a Corbon DPX 168gr.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I only had a combined total of 4 deer from 1994 - 2004. then somehow managed 5 deer this year so far (on 5 shots).  

2 w/ crossbow (Allegheny Co.), 1 w/ T/C Omega (PA early muzzleloader), 1 w/ Ruger M77 .308 (Maryland Rifle), 1 w/ .45/70 Siamese Mauser (PA rifle).  

I don't think my wife is going to let me go out any more this year.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#14]
good shooting, Harry!

Got me a pretty good 6 point with the old Ford.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#15]
No luck for me today.

har4: Nice Shooting

piccolo: Nice Driving
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#16]
No buck or doe for me this year in the regular rifle season.  I passed on a small 7 point today, little deer and little rack so he got to live another day.  I also passed on a bunch of doe and then didn't see one today that I could get a good shot at.  I will look for meat in WMU 2b after christmas.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I shot a nice 8 point with a 17" inside spread on opening day in Brookville. It is a big buck for a mountain deer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top