Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:16:11 PM EDT
How legal would it be to go south of the border to purchase an AK and, would it even be worth the trouble (cost-wise)?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not legal at all.  Try it and you'll spend some quality down time with Poncho and his little friend.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
how much do AK's down there cost?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I think any rifle over a .22 is illegal to own in Mexico.  Even if you could get your hands on one without bieng robbed or beaten (these things tend to happen when dealing with those that trade in the black market), are you just going to dump it at the border when you come back stateside?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#4]
of course I wouldn't just ditch it. I guess this is a bad idea, gas, etc. would outweigh any money saved. Any places in Los Lunas or ABQ that sell AKs? (Yes, I am the one that was asking about AK's approx 2-3 months ago)
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I recall that I answered you when you first asked about purchasing AK-47s in ABQ and Los Lunas. Now I'm wondering two things: 1) why don't you pick up the phone book and make some calls; and 2) why are you trying to get us to discuss obviously illegal acts with you?

The Board Conduct Code forbids planning illegal acts. In the first place, I don't know any shooter who would not know that purchasing AK-47s in Mexico was illegal. Even if you somehow actually didn't know this, you were immediately told that to do this would be illegal, but you continued to discuss it in two subsequent posts. This concerns me.

Frankly, you sound like either a teeny-bopper know-nothing, an anti-gun troll, or the dumbest ATF agent in the world. If I had to guess, I'd pick the first option.

I would strongly urge you to discontinue discussion of stupid and illegal activity on this board, as such discussion makes us all look bad.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]
First off, thanks for the reply. The only reason the AK post last time doesn't help is because it was archived before I could see some of the replies, and most of the AK's I see in random shops are $1000+, I'm looking for something <$400. Also, i'm not a "teeny-bopper" or whatever, I already own an SKS and a Springfield.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Then kindly ease up on the foolish talk of illegal acts.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]

most of the AK's I see in random shops are $1000+, I'm looking for something <$400.

You are not going to find one in any NM gunshop for less than $400 so you may as well just accept that fact. My advice to you the last time you asked, and which you acknowledged, was to find one through either an internet dealer or from a magazine ad, then find yourself a FFL to do the transfer. I know that I could get one for just over $300 including FFL fees. The Albuquerque gun stealerships want $800 and up. "Not from this puppy"
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I think I'll just keep watchful eye over abqjournal's classified section. Thanks all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top