Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 1:06:03 PM EDT
--- gets trashed by "MR. BONES", the roving security unit at the BusBarn.

The Princesses got to watch ( I had to work, dammit! ).
Mrs. BusMaster called Animal Control to pick up the still living CAT.
Animal Control Officer states that because the CAT came into our yard, we are not responsible for the 'damage'.
Had OUR DOG entered the neighbors yard and trashed the CAT, we'd be liable.
The CAT had a broken back.

"Duh, gee, George...he don't move too much..."
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no problem with that. I can accept farm dogs and cats running loose, they're working animals, even if they just lay around most of the time. Cats catch mice and moles, dogs chase away coyotes. If one wanders off the place and gets taken out, bad luck. If it develops an appetite for the neighbors poultry, shoot it.

In the city and suburbs, animals should be kept on the property or inside an apartment by whatever means are necesssary, unless they are on a leash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top