Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2004 3:37:09 PM EST
Anybody shoot out there? A guy I use to work with said he shoots there all the time. I'm looking for an open area with good backstop I can shoot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:06:07 PM EST
I heard at one time it was closed to everything except shotguns. This happened during Clintons reign. I cant say for sure what the current status is but if you find out please let me know. Thanks, DAVE
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:31:05 PM EST
It was a big place to shoot 10 years ago, but then they cut down about 99% of the acreage, didn't know anybody still went out there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:33:01 PM EST
This was about a year and a half ago when I talked to this guy. I never did go with him. Guess I'll call around and see what I can find out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:23:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 7:23:59 PM EST by Arrowhead]
Here is some info on the place:
Caddo Grasslands

Snip from the website:
FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED. Hunting is limited to shotguns, muzzleloaders and archery. Unit 3 is open to target shooting with shotguns; and hunting and camping are permitted.

be safe,
Leonard
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:57:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By Arrowhead:
Here is some info on the place:
Caddo Grasslands

Snip from the website:
FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED. Hunting is limited to shotguns, muzzleloaders and archery. Unit 3 is open to target shooting with shotguns; and hunting and camping are permitted.

be safe,
Leonard

It would appear no target shooting aside from shotguns.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:27:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By bigkracka:
Anybody shoot out there? A guy I use to work with said he shoots there all the time. I'm looking for an open area with good backstop I can shoot.

you may want to inquire about that subject with ETH. If I am not mistaken his place is out that way.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:39:05 AM EST
Just got off the phone with the field office, NO target shooting. Hunting with archery, black powder or shotgun only.
Top Top