Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 12:37:52 PM EDT
Hey y'all,

We're going to visit Alaska next week, unfortunately missing the shoot by 4 days.

Anyway, we're going to be around Cooper Landing for a few days to do some fishing.  I'm trying to make plans on king salmon and halibut fishing - I know for halibut we will probably take a boat out of Whittier, but for salmon, are we better off fishing a river or the Sound?  I've seen some places that will do a dual salmon/halibut trip, but I wasn't sure if that was worth it or not.  Anyone have suggestions on where to fish, or names of a good charter/guide?

Anything that's not in the tour books but is a must-see?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure you have plenty of mosquitoe bug dope.  I'm trying to change job site location to King but know little about the surrounding are other than the swarms of bugs and awesome fishing.  If you are only ever coming to Alaska this once, I would recommend the fishing charters.  They may cost and you may have to share with others, but many guarantee fish and a once in a lifetime trip deserves the very best experience you can get.  Let us know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Cooper landing is a fine place for salmon fishing.  It's right on the Kenai.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top