Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 11:10:08 AM EDT
OK guys, can somebody start spreading the truth about our Gun Grabber?
Apparently the MA local media has picked up a story indicating the K man is swinging WV hunter votes his way. Make no mistakes, Kerry will move to ban all semi-auto shotguns & rifles, and all handguns.
Well, for LEO's I suppose it won't matter. And maybe those with over unders, side by sides & pumps don't care? Remember, He is from a state that has a Permanent Ban in place, and has Very limited selction of "Approved" handguns; and supported the MA GL's.

(ok, sorry, just had to speak out....)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you in WV?  If you get me contact info for the local papers I'll whip up a LTE and send it to them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry if I was out of line posting here in the VA forum, but just had to inform others.
(I'm captive in MA)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not surprised. It happened here during our last gubernatorial election. Remember "Sportsmen for Warner" bumper stickers? I saw too many of those under gun racks. The lever action boys don't care much about "assault rifles".
Keep trying to convert these guys when you find them at hunting shows or at the range. Don't assume that every shooter you meet is pro-gun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Remember "Sportsmen for Warner" bumper stickers?

Ummmmmmmmm... not to defend a tax-raising pro-abortion Democrat, but... so far he hasn't vetoed a single pro-gun bill that's come out of the General Assembly.  In fact, the hard-core pro-gun elected officials we send to Richmond are planning to submit and pass some very solid pro-gun bills next year just to see if they can find his "line in the sand", and use it to pound on him for being anti-gun when he runs for Senate in 2006.

Sad, but VA gun owners are in a better political position when the GA is Repub and the Gov is a Dem with aspirations to higher office.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#7]
If the folks in WV can't look at Kerry's horrible anti-gun voting record and realize that he is no friend of the gun owner, hunter, sportsman, etc then there isn't much hope for them.  I don't mean to sound negative but if every gun owner in America looked at his voting record in the Senate there is no way they would believe that crap or even consider voting for him in November.  It's horrible...the guy has voted for every piece of legislation that sought to tighten down on gun control or chip away at our 2nd Amendment rights.  Not once, not once has he voted against a piece of anti-gun legislation.

Every time he opens his mouth about being a hunter and a gun owner someone should show him his voting record and ask him to explain it.  If he’s even further to the left than Teddy Kennedy how do people expect him to be a friend of the gun owner?

Sorry, I’m just tired of this guy flip-flopping, lying and pretending to be something he’s not.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I am a hunter in WV (as you can tell by my screen name) who is not fooled by Kerry.  His pro-gay, pro-abortion positions will never (fingers crossed) play in WV.  The gun issues are just another nail in his coffin.  We have a long history of voting for Dems, but I think the rest of the state is finally figuring out that the Democratic party no longer shares our (socially) conservative ideals.  

Go Bush headbang.gif
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am a hunter in WV (as you can tell by my screen name) who is not fooled by Kerry.  His pro-gay, pro-abortion positions will never (fingers crossed) play in WV.  The gun issues are just another nail in his coffin.  We have a long history of voting for Dems, but I think the rest of the state is finally figuring out that the Democratic party no longer shares our (socially) conservative ideals.  

Go Bush

I edited my post above because it wasn't fair to single any one state out.  I'm sure there are plenty of Virginians that believe Kerry is a hunter and a friend of the gun owner.  No matter what state we live in it's important that all 80 million gun owners know about Kerry's voting record on gun issues.  Sorry to my friends in WV for doubting you
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#10]
According to this we better worry about our fellow Virginians instead of what our brothers and sisters in West Virginia are doing
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
According to this we better worry about our fellow Virginians instead of what our brothers and sisters in West Virginia are doing

They have the Peoples Republic of Maryland Tied
That don't sound right
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Double click on VA and note the trend line...close but it's all W's
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Man...those numbers are to close for comfort for me. I have been seeing more and more Kerry signs lately. I get mad because his signs always say "For a stronger America". How we going to be strong with his weak military plan and no guns?!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Double click on VA and note the trend line...close but it's all W's

It's too close for me...I want to see bright red!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Every time I see a Kerry sign with that hypocritical "a stronger America" line, I think of Zell Miller's brilliant RNC speech.

"...armed with what? spitballs?

Way too many Kerry signs around here too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top