Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:39:56 AM EDT
 My friend Jessie at KDGE, 102.1 is having a benefit for the vicims of Hurricane Katrina today, Wed. Aug 31st.  Jessie recently attended a Ladies Only class at TDSA and has asked for help from TDSA and the DFW Crew.

Her goal is to collect $1,000,000 for the American Red Cross.

I know that for most everyone, finances have been at best difficult.  Every bit helps, and a lot of people are far worse off than most of us, we can help.  

More info and where to send donations is available at 214 787-1102.  Make mention that you heard about it here and Jessie will try give us recognition and will try to give some mention on air for our events like Octoberblast.

TDSA has donated 3 certificates for classes for Jessie to either sell or auction off to raise money for the benefit.  Thanks to DFW Crewmember Arrowhead for his hard work in making these certificates available.  Several TDSA members have also pledged to donate money.  I hope that the DFW Crew and the rest of the Texas member can help also, Jessie is one of us now and we could use the good exposure and the people that were in the path of the hurricane need help.

mm
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#1]
 I didn't catch the name.  All I heard was "someone" from the DFW Crew at AR15.com, for $25.

Whoever it was.....Thanks bud.

Jessie is currently on the air from a remote raising money for the American Red Cross.

mm
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
 Thanks Mojo,

The remote broadcast may stay on longer than was orginally planned.  The radio station will take donations for as long as they receive them.

Also, www.stormaid.com will help direct you to where your help is needed.

My sis and her 4 kids and husband made it to Ft. Worth on Sunday.  Just haven't heard from her oldest son or his father, or from her current husband's family.....most all in Jefferson Parish or around LaPlace....they just didn;t have a plan to contact each other when they reached their destinations.

I'm waiting on the dept director and mayor to tell us to head to the area and assist......waiting sucks.

mm

LT did stay up here.......didn't he?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
My job has started a donation box for the afflicted.

It is filling up fast!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top