Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2003 2:39:44 PM EDT
Hello Missouri folks!

I'll be in Kansas City in a couple of weeks for about three days.  I was wondering if there were any must see gun shops, outdoor shops, food joints etc.  Any info would be appreciated!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Be sure to check out Cabelo's. It's over on the KS side just off of I-435 by the speedway. I was up that way last weekend and was pleased with the store. Hate to say it, but Cabelo's does firearms a whole lot better than Bass Pro(here in Springfield). I wanted to go by Denny's also, but with the weather being pretty crappy Saturday I didn't want to get off of the beaten path. I'll catch Denny's the next time around.

Rick
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are a BBQ junkie like me no trip to KC is complete without a trip to Arthur Bryants BBQ restraunt.  it is at the corner of 18th and Brooklyn, best BBQ in town.  Just be sure and lock your car, not the best neighborhood.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for the heads up!  I didnt realize there was a Cabelas in Kansas City.  I'm sure I'll visit.  We are big barbeque fans so I'll look Bryants up also.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
You can also check "Bullet hole" on 6201 Robinson, Overland Park, KS. They have lot of stuffs in there and they also have an indoor range.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget Denny's up north. www.dennysguns.com
Never been there but everyone raves about how badass it is.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to try to make it over to Denny's.  I looked up their address and they are about 10 miles from our hotel.  Looks like I need to leave my checkbook at home on this trip!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for the advice on places to visit in KC.  I went to Denny's guns and it's a great shop.  All the good shops that were like that have shut down around here.  I bought a Surefire G2 there.  

Also went to Cabela's a couple of times and spent some bucks there!  We ate at Cabelas one night, service sucked, but food was good.  I discovered the Bargain Cave in the back and it sucked me into spending lots of money.  They had a few brand new Ceiner AR 22 conversion kits for $100 apiece.  Also 1911 Ceiner conversions for pretty cheap.    

I also tried to eat the "plate" dinner at Gates Barbeque.  The girl at the counter had to explain to us Texas folks how to order off their cryptic menu.  We decided to order what we could see and it was the plate dinner pictured on their counter.  When the food came out, it was literally enough to feed my family of four.  A coworker and I had ordered one apiece and it was a load of food!  

Overall it was a good trip and KC had some great stuff to see.  I dont get to go out of state much so it was a welcome change.  Thanks for the advice and info!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They had a few brand new Ceiner AR 22 conversion kits for $100 apiece.

did you buy them all?
I need one.

Glad to hear you had a good trip,  and pumped some $$$ into our local economy :)
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#9]
And I'm going to cabelas right now, before the rest of you savages read this.

Well  actually we are going to eat at cracker barrel,  but since it's close I might aswell,  need some wolf anyways.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#10]
BaNo,  I bought a ton of crap, but not any Ciener stuff.  When I got to KC Airport, the guy at the counter said that if my bag had been a few pounds heavier he would have to charge me extra for freight or some crap like that.  Point is, Cabelas Bargain Cave was a sore spot for my checkbook.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top