Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 12:34:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Dammit!  I almost bought one when I followed the link.

Must save money for MAV gear!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive thought about one of those.

How long was it from ordering until delivery?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
got mine a month or so ago in olive drab.
Brought it to the GF shoot on New Years, holds a TON of stuff.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
They are neat as long as you treat them as delicate  eggshells, when a unit heads out on a JFTX and soft cases are used it is not uncommon for rifles to have problems when taken out of the case.

Front sight gaurds on the gas block of AR's get bent among other things.

If you are going to hual a bunch of rifles and gear hard cases work better.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Strat, from my front door to my truck to the range they work fine.  

You do make a good point though.
What do you suggest for a hard case?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Strat, from my front door to my truck to the range they work fine.  

You do make a good point though.
What do you suggest for a hard case?

Bet you enough rifles to arm an entire unit

We use those cheap plastic cases that used to sell at WAC shows for 20$ for the small rifles and the large plastic cases for the M-21 size rifles, GUN GUARD is the brand name.

Ive seen the rear leafs sights snapped off the AK's bent sights on AR's in soft cases, we try to keep the rifles on top of the load but someone always needs something from their pack on the bottom of the load and the rifle gets beat up some where along the way.

The other consideration the hard cases shed water better, soft cases seem to soak up rain and moisture.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
A soft case with plastic hard side inserts

For a hard case, I prefer Starlights somewhat over Pelicans and by alot over Doskocil style, and no name aluminum cases.  

The Hardigg/Storm cases appear to be equal to Pelican, but I haven't owned anything made by them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bought two in black!

elitetacticalsources.com/client/details.php?pid=3497

elitetacticalsources.com/phpadmin/images/large/condorriflecase.jpg

On sale.  

Man I took your advice and ordered one of these bags, the pictures don't even come close to show how nice these bags are... thanks for point this one out, I needed one for my new SEBR and this bag will do wonderfuly!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A soft case with plastic hard side inserts
pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/2267174/118507096.jpg
pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/2267174/118507031.jpg

For a hard case, I prefer Starlights somewhat over Pelicans and by alot over Doskocil style, and no name aluminum cases.  

The Hardigg/Storm cases appear to be equal to Pelican, but I haven't owned anything made by them.

Hardigg cases are just expensive and the metal clips that secure the lids have a bad habit of coming out of the plastic at the worst time.  Pelican cases work just as well (if not better) and are easier to find.  Just because it's milspec doesn't mean that it's quality craftmanship.

by the way, nice softcase.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You living at the Moore Hotel in Seattle?

pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/2267174/118507031.jpg

Maybe I do.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top