Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 12:52:12 PM EDT
Greetings, y'all.

As a follow-up to my post last week regarding motels in the Buffalo area, I am posting this after-action report.

I arrived at Love Field Sunday afternoon to a gorgeous Texas sky nad beautiful weather. Picked up the rental car after a short (yeah, right) walk to the shuttle bus area. Directions to I-45 South were perfect. Stayed at the Days Inn in Corsicana, which was, well, OK, I guess. It was cheap enough, though, at $45 for a king non-smoking room. Ate supper at Don Jose's on 7th Avenue in Corsicana, which serves liquor, by the way. Good to know, since Corsicana is dry. Great tamales!

Following another great meal - breakfast at Waffle House - we hit the road to go to work Monday. The drive Monday morning to Jewett from Corsicana was uneventful, yet very pleasant. Texas looks great when it's green. Had a short but very productive meeting at the site, and headed back to Love Field. Managed to get on an earlier flight home, which made the little DzlBenz sprogs happy.

By far, this was the most pleasant trip to Texas I've had in a long time. Got a lot of critical business resolved and the hospitality was typical Texan - warm and gracious. On future trips, though, I will probably opt for the Super 8 or Holiday Inn in Fairland.

Here's a question for you central Texas natives: What was the 7-8 story highrise office building in Corsicana built for? It looks to be 1928-1934 vintage, with a lot of art deco filigree. It really stands out, as it is at least 4 stories higher than anything else around it. It's right downtown.

Anyway, thanks for the previous advice, and thanks to all of Texas for arranging such pleasant weather for my trip.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
WTH!?!?!  You didnt meet up with the DFW crew and you came to Texas? I'm offended!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I am looking forward to Gunstock and July 4th weekend! whoo hoo
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Again, my sincere apologies for not having more time on this trip for some socializing. Maybe next time. Heck, I didn't even have any kolaces this time. How wrong is that?

Gunstock is a little ways off for me to predict what my travel schedule will be, but it's on my calendar.

So, Citabria, if I get my PPL and tailwheel endorsement by October...???
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I might let you co-pilot. hehehehe

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top