Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:20:44 AM EDT
I have a friend who was layed off from Lucent a while back who is looking for a job. He has 10+ years in the business. He was a Dept head for drawing up new installs for large building and such I think (or something like that).

Anyone know who might be hiring?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
He might try Verizon Wireless, but it would not be a job in Georgia.  We have all Nortel switches in Georgia, but there are some Lucent switches in Florida and Louisiana for sure.  There may be Lucent in other areas as well, but those are the only 2 areas that I am sure we use Lucent.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
CPM or CO?  Just curious, seems like everybody's going away from TDM in favor of IP.  I really liked working on Nortel PBXs back in the day.  Helped me buy my house and put me through college.  

Checkfree was looking for a Dir. of Telecom a few months ago.  Don't know if the position has been filled.  

Good luck.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, any lead is a good lead.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:15:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I also used to be with Lucent while in GA.  Which department your friend was in and is he willing to relocate?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to check.  For the right job, he would move. He worked in the office in Sandy Springs and then off Winward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top