Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2013 9:11:02 AM EDT
My wife just accepted a job at Ft. Knox we will be there after the new year. Will probably be looking to live in Shepherdsville. I will be looking for work within an hour of there either at Knox or Louisville. Anyone know of any open jobs or websites to look for jobs in that area? Any help will be appreciated. My work history varies a bit I am prior service army (5 years) prior LEO (2 years) and am now doing IT work. I will do just about anything that pays the bills.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:59:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Try the USAjobs website for Knox and the area. They seem to have a lot of guards at the gates I keep seeing a rotation there. Local police forces may be hiring too. Check Hardin and Bullit counties. Ft Knox is on the slide down since the brigade is deactivating, so not a lot with the training organizations/range control. Could try with Human Resources Command. A lot of call center stuff as a tide over job. Also take a look at Humana and RJR, large employers in Louisville. Oh, also take a look at colleges in the area, there are a bunch, they always have 1-2 IT people on hand.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
good to know my wife got a job at knox as a unit administrator with HRC command. so we will be moving down there in Jan. I have applied with Raytheon for a few contract jobs and am looking into local LE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top