Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 5:16:31 AM EDT
I'm a software developer and am looking to relocate back to Boise, where I used to live.  I'm going to begin using monster.com and other similar sites, but I thought I'd check here first.  Is your company hiring?  Do you personally know of one that is?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I work for Micron (semi conductors, DRAM, imaging, etc.) they are IMHO a decent company to work for and they are always hiring educated people it seems.  Hewlett Packard seems to be having trouble a lot and laying people off, if it were me I'd not  jump into HP if you can help it.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:57:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I work for Micron (semi conductors, DRAM, imaging, etc.) they are IMHO a decent company to work for and they are always hiring educated people it seems.  Hewlett Packard seems to be having trouble a lot and laying people off, if it were me I'd not  jump into HP if you can help it.

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot, thanks.  What I'd really like to find is a tiny company just starting out.  Have any of your Micron buddies left recently to spin up their own company?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to try Proclarity (http://www.proclarity.com/)  I have a friend that works there.  They work them hard, quite a bit... but he still loves the job.  It is cyclic.  I would avoid HP.  I was laid off from a contractor there, about 1.5 months ago.  

For some local contractors, that can get you a job:
Tree Top Tech (that is who I used to work for, great company, if you can get on the other contracts, other than HP)
Intermountain Technology Group (I am currently temping for them)
Adecco
Manpower
CRI
EDS
Those are the ones I can think of, off hand.  If you happen to get on at a smaller shop, and they are looking for a Workstation guy, let me know.  :-)

Heh, my family is from Ohio.  I have a grandmother and great aunt still there... everyone else fled.  :-)  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You may want to try Proclarity (http://www.proclarity.com/)  I have a friend that works there.  They work them hard, quite a bit... but he still loves the job.  It is cyclic.  I would avoid HP.  I was laid off from a contractor there, about 1.5 weeks ago.  

For some local contractors, that can get you a job:
Tree Top Tech (that is who I used to work for, great company, if you can get on the other contracts, other than HP)
Intermountain Technology Group (I am currently temping for them)
Adecco
Manpower
CRI
EDS
Those are the ones I can think of, off hand.  If you happen to get on at a smaller shop, and they are looking for a Workstation guy, let me know.  :-)

Heh, my family is from Ohio.  I have a grandmother and great aunt still there... everyone else fled.  :-)  

Great tips, thanks.  Proclarity looks interesting, especially since I've been doing .Net work for the past 18 months.  Also, they are run by a guy who split off from Extended Systems; I spent 3 years working for one of their rivals.    I think I'll be sending them a resume.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top