Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2005 5:16:31 AM EDT
I'm a software developer and am looking to relocate back to Boise, where I used to live. I'm going to begin using monster.com and other similar sites, but I thought I'd check here first. Is your company hiring? Do you personally know of one that is?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:33:09 PM EDT
I work for Micron (semi conductors, DRAM, imaging, etc.) they are IMHO a decent company to work for and they are always hiring educated people it seems. Hewlett Packard seems to be having trouble a lot and laying people off, if it were me I'd not jump into HP if you can help it.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:57:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jollyroger:
I work for Micron (semi conductors, DRAM, imaging, etc.) they are IMHO a decent company to work for and they are always hiring educated people it seems. Hewlett Packard seems to be having trouble a lot and laying people off, if it were me I'd not jump into HP if you can help it.

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot, thanks. What I'd really like to find is a tiny company just starting out. Have any of your Micron buddies left recently to spin up their own company?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 11:13:45 AM EDT by Ryfter]
You may want to try Proclarity (http://www.proclarity.com/) I have a friend that works there. They work them hard, quite a bit... but he still loves the job. It is cyclic. I would avoid HP. I was laid off from a contractor there, about 1.5 months ago.

For some local contractors, that can get you a job:
Tree Top Tech (that is who I used to work for, great company, if you can get on the other contracts, other than HP)
Intermountain Technology Group (I am currently temping for them)
Adecco
Manpower
CRI
EDS
­Those are the ones I can think of, off hand. If you happen to get on at a smaller shop, and they are looking for a Workstation guy, let me know. :-)

Heh, my family is from Ohio. I have a grandmother and great aunt still there... everyone else fled. :-)
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:43:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ryfter:
You may want to try Proclarity (http://www.proclarity.com/) I have a friend that works there. They work them hard, quite a bit... but he still loves the job. It is cyclic. I would avoid HP. I was laid off from a contractor there, about 1.5 weeks ago.

For some local contractors, that can get you a job:
Tree Top Tech (that is who I used to work for, great company, if you can get on the other contracts, other than HP)
Intermountain Technology Group (I am currently temping for them)
Adecco
Manpower
CRI
EDS
­Those are the ones I can think of, off hand. If you happen to get on at a smaller shop, and they are looking for a Workstation guy, let me know. :-)

Heh, my family is from Ohio. I have a grandmother and great aunt still there... everyone else fled. :-)

Great tips, thanks. Proclarity looks interesting, especially since I've been doing .Net work for the past 18 months. Also, they are run by a guy who split off from Extended Systems; I spent 3 years working for one of their rivals. I think I'll be sending them a resume.
Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top