Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 12:16:18 PM EDT
It's next week...time flies during the holidays! What's the plan?

Doesn't look like we'll have Zombie Snowmen
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]

?

I can be there as early as John & Jeff can allow!!!
Marshall
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a good course! Did you make that one yourself, or did you find it somewhere on the web?
Will there be a mag change? Or are there always mag changes during these courses? I have only made it to one of these, so I don't know if that is a given or not.

Eric
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's a good course! Did you make that one yourself, or did you find it somewhere on the web?
Will there be a mag change? Or are there always mag changes during these courses? I have only made it to one of these, so I don't know if that is a given or not.

Eric

Yah, it's great! That's one Marshall cooked up in his Molten Metal Mind! I told him to post it again, cause this time we'll be able to build it - we got all those walls out there now.

Marshall has to post the run-through on this. I'd hit T1, then T2, T4, then T3...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I wasn't even paying attention!
Beta-MO, you're right, the next meet should be next weekend. I guess we should be getting our acts together if we are gonna do this.

Eric
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd hit T1, then T2, T4, then T3...

Thats the same thing that I was thinking. But I thought that maybe I wasn't viewing it right.

Eric
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Beta-MO, you're right, the next meet should be next weekend. I guess we should be getting our acts together if we are gonna do this.

Eric

CMMG said they have a new car already! hehehe
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Eric, made it myself. We have 12 walls so I wanted to see if I could get three shooting positions out of one course.
I think we will be 'sans door' (Shi?) but all walls will be there!
Course starts and you engage T1 right away in standing position.
T2 has a hostage, and is only to be engaged but through the first portal standing, headshots are only allowed on T2.
T3 will be engaged when in sight. After engaging T2 rounding the corner will present this target (as the rest of the run will be).
Crouching, you will engage T5, T6, then T7 which again is a hostage/head shot only scenario. Then T8 and T9
Shooting from the lower window in prone position,( the 12th panel), hit T4 then A1(audible clock stopper) to finish.
All targets are presented at different levels, it was designed to be just a really fast flexible run, hitting all stances. I guess that would be stances descending.
This is a tight run for the RO.
But I lke it...and will build it....given the word.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like fun.

Anyone else have any ideas for a second COF?

Don't know if there is a full 100 yards for the team match, but even if it was 70-80 yards or so it still would be fun.

Think we should run this one as the second COF since it didn't happen last time?

Or should we just come up with another run and gun?

BTW, will be there to help set up early this time (barring another bout with bronchitis!).
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:58:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  WORKING WEEKENDS SUCKS ASS!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eric

CMMG said they have a new car already! hehehe

I wonder what kind they have this time. The last one was nicer than the car I drove up in.

Eric
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Eric, made it myself. We have 12 walls so I wanted to see if I could get three shooting positions out of one course.
I think we will be 'sans door' (Shi?) but all walls will be there!
Course starts and you engage T1 right away in standing position.
T2 has a hostage, and is only to be engaged but through the first portal standing, headshots are only allowed on T2.
T3 will be engaged when in sight. After engaging T2 rounding the corner will present this target (as the rest of the run will be).
Crouching, you will engage T5, T6, then T7 which again is a hostage/head shot only scenario. Then T8 and T9
Shooting from the lower window in prone position,( the 12th panel), hit T4 then A1(audible clock stopper) to finish.
All targets are presented at different levels, it was designed to be just a really fast flexible run, hitting all stances. I guess that would be stances descending.
This is a tight run for the RO.
But I lke it...and will build it....given the word.

It's a good thing they are stances descending. I have a hard time getting my fat ass up and moving.

Eric
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a door for the COF, but need to pick it up.  I will frame a freestanding door section Monday or Tuesday.  Metalman I may need your truck (I will call).

COF looks great!  I have been thinking about the second COF and I think if we can modify the existing into a killhouse type instead of total teardown it would allow us to move faster on to the second round.  Just an idea?

If you need anything built to finish it off IM me.

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#13]
what is the start time again?  I have to be back in kc by 3:30 so my wife can do something.  I am planning to bring my brother and his wife however.

Jeff D.

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
what is the start time again?  I have to be back in kc by 3:30 so my wife can do something.  I am planning to bring my brother and his wife however.

Jeff D.

Good question! The earlier the better as far as I'm concerned.

Weather forecast looks nice:

Sat. Jan 03  Mostly Sunny, High 44° (of course we all know Missouri weather!)
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#15]
In deciding the starting time, we must take into account our members who needs to do some driving to get there.  We also need to consider that CMMG place is still some 30-45 min (15 min flat if you are Duke-Nukem) north of I-70.  Since they will be carrying guns, we must assume (highly recommended) them to be good drivers and obey the speed limit all the way.

Why dont we post here how much driving each one of us need to get to CMMG.  Then we can decide the earliest possible time to start the match.

I am in Columbia, CMMG is 45 min away.

I recommend 10 AM as the starting time.

oz
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Dang Oz, you need a faster car!

Agreed - 10 AM sounds good, but will we ACTUALLY start then? The guys that live in Columbia area can be out early to set up, I will be out early with Shi and Metalman, and we can sight-in/dry run waiting for others! hahaha
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Ya, 10 AM would probably be best.

And yes, we should start actually start shooting at 10. With us local guys getting there a bit early, it will be no problem. If some are late, they can still run the course. Shouldn't be an issue. We should take about ten minutes before we start shooting to go over rules, regs, safety, and the COF we are going over.

Again, I don't think it will take all that long. Just something we need to do every shoot.

I'll be there about 8:30-9:00. Figure it will take a maximum of 20-30 minutes to get the COF set up. The rest of the time we can just get anything else line out so that everything runs good.

Everybody up for doing the first COF and breaking for an hour lunch (and trigger time if anybody wants), and then doing a second COF promptly after that?

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds good to me!

I don't know if the first few targets in Metalmans COF should'nt be changed to the right instead of left due to the terrain in that gully? Just thinking safety...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I live in St. louis and it will probibly take me 2 hours to get there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Better git on the road at 7:00 then! hehehe
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I live in St. louis and it will probibly take me 2 hours to get there.

Depending on where you live in St. Louis, it may take you a little more than that, even.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't say that dude.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#23]

I think it took us about two hours from St. Louis last time. 10:00am would be good for us. And TIA to the local guys for getting things setup in advance.
Has anyone checked in with John & Jeff? Are they cool with this?

Eric
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#24]
John and Jeff are appraised of the situation.

I just want you all to know right now that if we run this COF, target T3 is going to get knifed with my Ka-Bar.  In the kidney.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I just want you all to know right now that if we run this COF, target T3 is going to get knifed with my Ka-Bar.  In the kidney.

Shouldn't you use a bayonet fixed on your Garand?  Hehehe....
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#26]
You know I don't have a bayo for that garand yet.

Hmm, if I use the spike bayo on my Mosin M44, how many reloads would it take...
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I know whare you can get some.
(looks up at the trees.)
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#29]
John, that car looks good enough to drive.  It looks even better than the camry.  

oz
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#30]
John, I'll be bringing the target stands we've been using with me on saturday morning. I will be there early enough to get all the targets and target stands set up.

In fact, if you want to wait, we can all help set up early on saturday morning.

BTW, I thought I brought up a small amount of the target stands with me in november, so hopefully they are still there. They should be just behind the shop. If not, I still 7-10 of them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I wonder if  stabbing a target falls under the "bayoneting" rule discussed after the last "incident".

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if stabbing a target falls under the "bayoneting" rule discussed after the last "incident".

What rule is that?
(Looks at nice new bayo on SKS.)
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh um, the bayonet rule is, um, well...
I don't like the bayonet rule.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top