Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 8:21:47 PM EDT
Bah its too cold right now, and when we arent shoot we're working on guns right? So what winter projects are you guys working on? Im thinking of finishing up an AR project but other than that I want to find something to occupy myself.

eta: And yes I edited this from a mistake post into something useful, I hate seeing locked/trash in the my topics button.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got no spare money thanks to the holiday Christmas season, so I've been spending a lot of time on predatormastersforums.com doing lots of reading on hunting coyote.

I've been trying to do a lot of coyote hunting in my free time since I can't afford to do much else and get out of the house at the same time.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
After Christmas we should get together and go hunting.

Only 2 arfcommers would be out hunting with a couple AR's.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered some M1A stocks and I'm going to refinish them.  If they turn out nice, I'm going to try my M1903A3.  I figure it's the closest thing to shooting that I can do here in my apartment.

IDPA match tomorrow, too, so my trigger finger and 1911 will get some exercise.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
After Christmas we should get together and go hunting.

Only 2 arfcommers would be out hunting with a couple AR's.

Sounds like fun

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I went Trap shooting on Friday night and Saturday morning. It really wasn't that cold out, infact both days where perfect, no wind what so ever... It felt great to shoot.  I have had no free time to shoot lately... Maybe take the AR and a few pistols out this week...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Went pheasant hunting yesterday.  It was pretty wild.  Saw 6 does running through the field first thing in the morning.  Later in the day my dad and I got to the edge of a hedgrow and 4 birds came up in about 15 seconds and we missed them all!! lol.  My dog is 12 and apparently can't smell anything anymore because he used to be a decent birddog, but now he is senile and confused.  I did redeem myself later in the day, my dad dropped me off to hunt one more hedgerow, he stayed in the truck.  I saw three birds in the space between the hedgerows about 60 yards up.  I just hauled ass up there and they ran into the hedgerow and took off and I shot a double!  These are the released birds at Des Plaines Conservation Area, but I still have fun hunting them and they still taste good.

For winter projects there's a lot to do.  I've got the following here or coming: a Romy AK kit, an underfolder kit, an M1903, an M1 Garand, my C&R license and some tools for the ak builds.  I'm also going to upgrade my main PC with a dual core A64 and a 7800GT.  That's about it; I'd like to build a 20" AR or 2, but I need to wait a little while for some more $$$, maybe in the spring.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Projects, Projects. I love winter projects.

I have been scrounging parts for an LRB M14 build. I have found some great USGI parts. Short of the LRB receiver, all I need is a TRW bolt, Sadlak op rod spring guide and a couple of small parts.

If anyone has a newish M14 bolt I have some USGI parts to trade. IM me.

JR
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
It is cold out but I really really really wanna go shooting.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#10]
To those who did not go shoot today WIMPS! Well maybe your smarter than I. Went and shot 2 rounds of Sporting clays (100 birds per round). Wasn't that bad temps hovered from 15-2 degrees. But I broke an 81 and a 83.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It is cold out but I really really really wanna go shooting.

I went today, no long guns though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey guys, I was up north today , shot about 4 mags out of my carbine, man it was cold ! about 10 above but the little rifle didnt miss a beat.  Merry Christmas to everyone.     Mike
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#13]
In the off season we should all reload our old brass! Last week I loaded 500 rounds of .223 and 100  rounds of .454 Casull. Tonight I loaded 50 rounds of .45-70 for the Marlin. Next week maybe .357 or 9mm.
 Listen for me on December 31st midnight. The Marlin WILL speak and I have some tracers for the Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top