Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/15/2003 12:12:06 AM EDT
And Jen and I are heading out to the fields. Here is wishing all you other missouri bambi slayers the best of luck today!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:50:35 AM EDT
Good luck to you Gary.

It's 5:47, it's raining, I've got half a pack of smokes, and a full tank of gas......wait, that's something else entirely.......

Anyway, I'm heading out to the woods now. Hopefully there won't be any 4wheelers out there!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:47:48 AM EDT
good luck to both you guys. i was sleeping peacefully till i was woke up to the sound of ww3 with the shoots going off this morning. that is scary becuse the hunters around my land scare me. i mean i know i shouldnt be in the woods but these guys dont understand that. Ronald
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 1:48:03 PM EDT
Shamus: Was it dark and were you wearing sunglasses?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:12:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/15/2003 3:12:59 PM EDT by ShamusMcOI]

Originally Posted By kpel308:
Shamus: Was it dark and were you wearing sunglasses?

Yes in fact I was!

Still didn't shoot anything though. Damn my opening day curse.

I've never shot a deer opening weekend. Go figure.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/15/2003 4:54:33 PM EDT by GaryM]
Well we're back now, neither of us got anything. I saw one and Jen saw a pair of deer but alas we had no good shots to take. However one of our hunting buddies just a couple hundred yards away took a very large bodied 9 pointer.
Tomorrow we are going back, hopefully we will do better.
Shamus, good luck to you tomorrow, hopefully we will all come back with blood on our hands

BTW, lugging a Garand through the woods for a few hours is a real pain in the arse... how did those guys carry them across europe??
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:18:18 PM EDT
Man, glad I'm not the only one. I know Mousegun and the guy he was hunting with didn't see much either.

Was is raining up your way?

I'm hunting with my M4 this year, and I had to oil that thing up good when I got home.

Better luck tomorrow!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:21:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GaryM:
BTW, lugging a Garand through the woods for a few hours is a real pain in the arse... how did those guys carry them across europe??

i recall asking this the first time you let me shoot it, remember?? i think youre nuts to lug it, but i hope you and jen (and everyone else in the woods) have better luck tomorrow

be safe
Top Top