Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 12:12:06 AM EDT
And Jen and I are heading out to the fields. Here is wishing all you other missouri bambi slayers the best of luck today!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck to you Gary.

It's 5:47, it's raining, I've got half a pack of smokes, and a full tank of gas......wait, that's something else entirely.......

Anyway, I'm heading out to the woods now. Hopefully there won't be any 4wheelers out there!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]
good luck to both you guys. i was sleeping peacefully till i was woke up to the sound of ww3 with the shoots going off this morning. that is scary becuse the hunters around my land scare me. i mean i know i shouldnt be in the woods but these guys dont understand that. Ronald
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Shamus:  Was it dark and were you wearing sunglasses?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Shamus:  Was it dark and were you wearing sunglasses?

Yes in fact I was!

Still didn't shoot anything though. Damn my opening day curse.

I've never shot a deer opening weekend. Go figure.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Well we're back now, neither of us got anything. I saw one and Jen saw a pair of deer but alas we had no good shots to take. However one of our hunting buddies just a couple hundred yards away took a very large bodied 9 pointer.
Tomorrow we are going back, hopefully we will do better.
Shamus, good luck to you tomorrow, hopefully we will all come back with blood on our hands

BTW, lugging a Garand through the woods for a few hours is a real pain in the arse... how did those guys carry them across europe??
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, glad I'm not the only one. I know Mousegun and the guy he was hunting with didn't see much either.

Was is raining up your way?

I'm hunting with my M4 this year, and I had to oil that thing up good when I got home.

Better luck tomorrow!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BTW, lugging a Garand through the woods for a few hours is a real pain in the arse... how did those guys carry them across europe??

i recall asking this the first time you let me shoot it, remember??   i think youre nuts to lug it, but i hope you and jen (and everyone else in the woods) have better luck tomorrow

be safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top